Sign in to follow this  
Koryu_Ninja

"BattlEye: Bad Player Name"

I recently purchased Arma II: Combined Operations on Steam, downloaded Six Updater, and have been launching the game through Six Launcher. I am running OA Beta patch 94997 and running DayZ v1.7.2.3, and have installed the newest BattlEye client and server files.

I played for a while last night with no problems, but today when I tried to start it, the first server I selected stayed on the "Wait for host" screen for several minutes until I closed the game manually. I tried another server with low ping running OA v1.61.94997 and DayZ v1.7.2.3, and it gave me the error message, "You have been kicked off the game (BattlEye: Bad Player Name)", and every time I try to join a server now, it gives me that error.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling BattlEye, re-adding the updated files, using just the normal files that the Steam install came with, reinstalling the beta patch, and nothing seems to work. It just keeps telling me "Bad Player Name". I would take a screenshot, but the game is not wanting to let me grab one.

PC Specs:

RAM: 4 GB DDR2

CPU: AMD Phenom 9950 x4 2.6 GHz

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 3870

Latest Beta fixes that....

Or just make a new player profile, as it is the workaround...

Edited by Drogur

Latest Beta fixes that....

Or just make a new player profile, as it is the workaround...

Huh, I didn't realize they had released a new patch already, but I made a new profile and it worked. Thanks!

But how does one create a new profile/profile name?

Open the game normally (Not launching through Six Launcher) and on the main screen, it should have a button for Profiles, then click that and click New.

Open the game normally (Not launching through Six Launcher) and on the main screen, it should have a button for Profiles, then click that and click New.

wont i lose all my progress on DayZ ?

wont i lose all my progress on DayZ ?

you will not

Edited by Dvious