GrAnzSkY

Understanding Of Vehicles?

I've only recently started playing DayZ but I'm not to sure how vehicles work...

I know that there are multiple wrecked vehicles that the game automatically puts in but whats the distinctive difference between ones that sit there and ones that can actually be repaired and used?

Related to the repairing of vehicles. Does it tell you what you need to repair it? ie, wheels/spare parts.

Finally, once you successfully make a vehicle. Does it save?

Such as, if I hide it somewhere in the forest and I log on the next few hours will it still be there?

If you scroll on the vehicle there will be a option to save it.

From what I have read the vehicle will save to your current server. Meaning that if you are on EU7 , your vehicle will be standing in the woods on EU7. Therefore if you change server your vehicle will not be there on your new server.

In the helicopter you will se a list at the upper left of what is broken (Red) and what is not broken (green). With cars I think you have to examine yourself what is broken.

I think the only difference is that you can scroll on the "usable" vehicles.

However even you do save your vehicle there's a 1/2 chance of the server eating your vehicle during a server restart. But Sometimes the vehicle will Re-appear after one or two additional server restarts.

Any rusty looking wreck is not repairable. The ones you can use look like intact vehicles, though possibly missing wheels and glass, and you'll be able to get inside it. Health status in the top left works for any vehicle type, not just helicopters.

Vehicles remain on the server you found them, and other players can find and steal them so hiding them well is important.