Sign in to follow this  
TheMachine

Stop complaining about 'hackers'

I'm not going to give the usual 'this is alpha' canned retort here, because this isn't an issue with the alpha state of DayZ.

Though I see people erroneously say 'this is alpha, stop complaining about hackers'.

It's simply a symptom of a game that's become very popular, very quickly.

Added to that, the 'hardcore' nature of DayZ makes it ripe pickings for impatient script kiddies who want to 'troll' and get stuff fast.

You've got to understand the mentality of these cretins, they're the same people who post on this forum disagreeing that the ALT+F4 problem, is a problem.

They want to rampage on DayZ, destroy people's efforts, while putting in none of their own.

They don't enjoy a tense game, without exploits, where their mistake means their death - they enjoy killing someone with gear they conjured into existence to get a reaction.

They're really symptomatic of a society in deep decline, no one wants to work for anything anymore, but that's another issue.

Anyway, there's no point complaining about this every 5 seconds, because it's never going to be fixed. Ever.

This isn't a problem with DayZ, nor is it something rocket has control over, it's the arma engine and the sheer ineptness of the battleye client, which is worse than punkbuster (if that's possible).

Added to which, the Dayz dev team is small, so they don't even have time to look into 'hacking' reports and ban people by checking server logs.

DayZ won't be standalone until about 2013 sometime (when arma 3 is released), so until then nothing can be done about this.

In fact I'd hazard to guess arma 3 will be infested with the same scripting exploits too, so don't even expect something to be done then.

Yes, hacking is a pain, because this isn't COD, where you can just respawn in 5 seconds, but it's not going away folks.

Edited by TheMachine
  • Like 2

This is an interesting post. I hope that you are wrong. If you are correct, then the hacking will only get worse, and your wish to stop seeing these threads will be a fantasy, as it irks the serious and honest players so much that they have to tell SOMEONE who gives a shit leaving only the Day Z forum as an outlet for that frustration.

• Like 2

This is an interesting post. I hope that you are wrong. If you are correct, then the hacking will only get worse, and your wish to stop seeing these threads will be a fantasy, as it irks the serious and honest players so much that they have to tell SOMEONE who gives a shit leaving only the Day Z forum as an outlet for that frustration.

I've been killed by hackers 3 times this week, that's out of 5 deaths.

Yes it's a problem but sadly, it can't be fixed.

Can you at least agree it's slightly annoying that when you're playing on a server with stuff you acquired over several days/weeks and all of the sudden you drop dead together with the rest of the server only to hear some random troll song playing in group channel.

This just happened 15 minutes ago. I know all about not getting attached but if people really wanna kill dayz this is the right way.

I'll prolly just start over anyway but I'm tempted to just figure out a script myself that prevents me from getting global killed. A defensive cheat if you will. Not to be confused with invincibility i might add.

I have to agree with Bad Science.

This post is only adding to the clutter that is the litany of anti-hacker threads. Simply stating that things won't change wont stop and shouldn't stop people from discussing what is a well known problem.

Silencing the people who would like to address the problem won't make it go away. Just don't click on the threads if it pains you that much.

So you agree he can stop certain scripts from working. I really only care about the global kill scripts. I do not care at all if someone wants to spawn a battleship on cherno. I'll have a laugh and move on. These random global kills is the real mood killer and I believe it's doable to block these commands in DayZ.

Even better is to just revert all characters 5 minutes in the database if they died on a certain server together with 10 or more people within 5 seconds orso. (obvious global kill)

Edited by Aerodax
  • Like 1

This isn't a problem with DayZ, nor is it something rocket has control over, it's the arma engine and the sheer ineptness of the battleye client, which is worse than punkbuster (if that's possible).

Maybe its best to point people to the right place to complain about hackers in arma2.

http://www.battleye.com

http://www.arma2.com

lts honestly thier right to complain if they wish. With that said, I've never encountered a hacker in my 10+ years of playing Battlefield games (punkbuster). Im not saying they dont exist in BF, but the rareness of them shows the effort they put into it. Battlefield is more popular franchise btw, where u would expect just by numbers, to see more hackers. Yet I see some traces of hackers on a weekly basis here.

You are right however, the basic design of the arma2 engine does make it difficult to stomp out hacking. Allot of work is done client-side, its really the only way to go with such a large game world.

Added to which, the Dayz dev team is small, so they don't even have time to look into 'hacking' reports and ban people by checking server logs.

Im sure there are many competent people out there that would be willing to donate thier own time to the team, searching logs or whatever, in order to make the community a better place. There wont be much a community if people are continue to leave because of hacking. Its not even the small time hackers that bother me. Allot of them are just hacking to make the game a bit easier or more enjoyable to themselves, with no intent to bother anyone else. Its the malishious hackers that are pissing people off.

Honestly now, the bad hackers should be very easy to root out and some effort should be made. They make themselves pretty obvious and it shouldnt be too hard to pick them out from the logs. Just find the guys nuking servers and such, I could care less about the guy who wants to hack a 'legit' gun into their hands and then play normaly with it, or even help others out. But something really has to be done about people who are just out there to grief and not even play/test the mod.

Edited by Flacidman

Can you at least agree it's slightly annoying that when you're playing on a server with stuff you acquired over several days/weeks and all of the sudden you drop dead together with the rest of the server only to hear some random troll song playing in group channel.

This just happened 15 minutes ago. I know all about not getting attached but if people really wanna kill dayz this is the right way.

I'll prolly just start over anyway but I'm tempted to just figure out a script myself that prevents me from getting global killed. A defensive cheat if you will. Not to be confused with invincibility i might add.

Where did I disagree that it's annoying as hell?

Happened to me 3 times this week, each time just as annoying as the last.

I don't rage though, because I know it cannot be fixed.

I think people need to be informed that it can't be fixed and won't be fixed, to put their minds at ease so energy can be directed to other area's of the game that CAN be fixed.

Maybe its best to point people to the right place to complain about hackers in arma2.

http://www.battleye.com

http://www.arma2.com

lts honestly thier right to complain if they wish. With that said, I've never encountered a hacker in my 10+ years of playing Battlefield games (punkbuster). Im not saying they dont exist in BF, but the rareness of them shows the effort they put into it. Battlefield is more popular franchise btw, where u would expect just by numbers, to see more hackers. Yet I see some traces of hackers on a weekly basis here.

Im sure there are many competent people out there that would be willing to donate thier own time to the team, searching logs or whatever, in order to make the community a better place. There wont be much a community if people are continue to leave because of hacking. Its not even the small time hackers that bother me. Allot of them are just hacking to make the game a bit easier or more enjoyable to themselves, with no intent to bother anyone else. Its the malishious hackers that are pissing people off.

Honestly now, the bad hackers should be very easy to root out and some effort should be made. They make themselves pretty obvious and it shouldnt be too hard to pick them out from the logs. Just find the guys nuking servers and such, I could care less about the guy who wants to hack a 'legit' gun into their hands and then play normaly with it, or even help others out. But something really has to be done about people who are just out there to grief and not even play/test the mod.

You underestimate the extent of the hacking.

People can go invisible, make crossbows fire full auto and teleport around.

A hacker doesn't stop at getting an As50, he goes 'all the way', so to speak.

And what does it matter if someone nukes the whole server, or goes around for player to player, playing 'Hip to be a square' and axing them in the head?

They're still dead.

And neither situation is ever going to be solved.

It amazes me that people defend hackers. I always assume they are running a hacking program themselves.

It amazes me that people defend hackers. I always assume they are running a hacking program themselves.

It always amuses me when people post in threads before reading them.

Who's defending hackers?

Edited by TheMachine

Where did I disagree that it's annoying as hell?

Happened to me 3 times this week, each time just as annoying as the last.

I don't rage though, because I know it cannot be fixed.

I think people need to be informed that it can't be fixed and won't be fixed, to put their minds at ease so energy can be directed to other area's of the game that CAN be fixed.

The hacking, script abuse, and cheating, alt f4ing and ghosting, can and should be fixed. Why must we bend over and accept these things? Battle Eye can be updated to recognize the changes in the game's code. A timer can be added to logging out which would prevent people from DCing to avoid players and lose zombie trains (this would also deter but not solve ghosting). Perhaps a relog timer could be added to servers to prevent ghosting? You cannot log out of server A, into server B, and then try to log back into server A within a time span of say 5 minutes.

This is all very achievable.

Edited by SterlingArcher

You're a furry.

Your opinion is invalid.

Do tell, what does it matter?

Is the OP's opinion worthless as well, because him and I are saying the same thing?

Ignore such treads, i see people crying from both sides, if i see a tread from a certain kind of deal that i do not care about i simply ignore it and move on, you also have to have in mind that hackers are a serious problem and people WILL complain about it.

I think that the amounts of complaints is proportional to how much a problem needs to be fixed.

It's not that hard to avoid reading topics that talk about hackers and does not affect your forum browsing at all.

Edited by StickyNote

Wasted 3 minutes of life

Battle Eye is still updating

beware you hackers, buy more copies for your hack.

Why would anyone ignore the problem? You do understand that virtually every single major group on every server has someone that cheats correct? The usage of ESP is rampant among many "top" level clans that have hoarded vehicles, equipment, etc. and people also are duping excessively on top of the ESP, which results in a stranglehold on the server. I know this because I have been prefired upon by MANY supposedly "top" level clans. I have seen camps with virtually every vehicle in the game, with literally 40+ tents, etc. Now I know occasionally one or two groups may actually have the time to get all of these things without dying. However, if you're telling me every major group has something like this....

8+ Vehicles

40+ Tents

Various Helicopter Loot Weapons such as 10+ AS50s, 15+ Bizon SMGs, 15+ L85s, etc.

Various High Level Military Grade Loot such as SD M4A1, M4/M16 with GL, DMRs, etc. etc.

Truckload of Grenades/Antibiotics/Satchel Charges etc.

You have got to be fucking kidding me. I was in fact a part of a group, and in fact one of the admins was also in the group. And in that group, the admin used ESP, and allowed others to utilize ESP as long as they were in the camp's group. It was just hilarious seeing this happen. I got sick of it and left, moved to another server, joined up with another group and guess what.... same thing. I decided to start playing on my own, and I would encounter various groups on other servers along the North/West edges of the map, and I would get immediately prefired on in the most random spots ever, along with the most ridiculous shit I've ever seen before (such as completely random movements, tracking of me from 600m out, etc.) It's not cool at all; most major groups did not obtain their equipment legitimately at all. I've known many administrators who overlook the whole thing just because they are in the group. It is absolutely hilarious the amount of hacking that is going on, because I can guarantee you that out of 10 groups, 7 of them contain a hacker of some sort, whether he uses scripts, ESP, or whatever. The game is quickly becoming dumb because of this nonsense, and it's actually making me feel the necessity to hack just to be able to compete against other groups. That's how fucking bad it is.

The "endgame" is about PvP late game while trying to control resources on the map. That's what makes DayZ "endgame" great. You're fighting for control over resources, and if you have multiple groups doing it and the resources are relatively even, it's alot of fun. That is very rare that happens though, because usually one asshole group tends to cheat, which results in the other group cheating, and then hilarity ensues where the group that wins is usually the one with the administrator that just kicks/bans the other group off the server.

People really need to open their eyes. Scripting hackers who do hilarious shit like Invincible Axe Murderer with music blaring, or lame A-10/Helicopter attacks on towns, All kills on servers, etc. are not the issue. Those guys are very rare, as they are so blatant it is easy to catch them a vast majority of the time. The most rampant amount of hacking that is going on are the hackers that pretend to play legitimate, and a vast majority of them are in the "top" groups in DayZ that hoard multiple vehicles/weapons/dupe weapons/etc. and have insane PvP stats (they never die since they always know where you are).

Edited by allbusiness

Do tell, what does it matter?

Is the OP's opinion worthless as well, because him and I are saying the same thing?

Trolling aside, no, he's right. And its exacerbated by ARMA 2's nature as a simulator, there are plenty of reputable guides explaining how to script for scenarios and such. This easy to modify nature of the game just makes hacking far worse than it would be if it was a standalone 'normal' game.

Edited by The Poacher

The rampant hacking can be fixed by allowing private servers, but that's a whole topic in itself.

Edited by Electrolyte
  • Like 1

The rampant hacking can be fixed by allowing private servers, but that's a whole topic in itself.

Yep. This is what we need. Global chat and tags on will help at least communicate to admins where cheating is taking place too...

If admins are really doing this in a game...

Society is really headed for the shitter.

BRB gotta cheat in a game to make my pee pee feel like a man.