RTM

Bandits Trying to Hi-jack Friendly Groups

We've been getting pretty much off-game hi-jacking from bandits trying to deface our application thread and spread rumours about our clan as traitors and shit. Well, here's a warning to applicants and other friendly groups out there. Don't let bandits or posers ruin your chance to have a good experience at gaming. Rumours and shit, before you decide, just hear it out from the actual members first, before jumping into conclusions.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/wq59t/warning_dont_team_up_with_soh_warning/

That thread right there is a perfect example of bandits trying to pose as members of a friendly group, trying to spread bad reputation. It's really sad to see that it has come to a point like that.

~{SoH}~ is a friendly group. And for the record, I've had good experiences with them for a long time now. And I know a lot of friendly groups out there feel the same with your own groups. Don't let hi-jackers ruin your app threads and shit.

One thing I don't get is that, how can a bandit like this http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/user/35698-minime121/ guy post a "I heard about this clan inviting you and then killing you sorry if i have the wrong name but still be warned Survivors if they kill you i told you!" comment on our application thread thinking that it's not an obvious hi-jack attempt. Viewing his backposts, and realizing he's a bandit, it's not that much of an effort, but really now?

Friendly groups will probably get more of these people, but I hope legit friendlies won't give up in establishing the other side of DayZ. A friendly organization is still possible, even with these meta-gaming hi-jackers.

Cheers for the heads up. I love nothing more than hunting bandits. I've you've got any base locations I'll be happy to go and deal with them for you.

*edit*

With that in mind I was wondering if there's any way of gathering information from different friendly groups into one pool of knowledge (bandit camp locations ect.) and then arranging a tactical assault one night to wipe out as many as possible.

I usually work alone so don't have access to group information but people with contacts could be useful for inteligence. I'd be happy to join a group for a raid or go it alone.

Edited by Fraggle

I've been helping a member of this clan and his friend.

The name is ~{SoH}~ Vaugh*something* And I have not once had trouble with him or his friend.

I even gave him the first SVD Camo I ever found, and he managed to save my life with it, by killing a person that sneaked onto us.

• Like 1

This sort of thing makes me sad. Taking bandit actions out of the game is just so...meta. And shows the person is an ass-hat. Bandits in-game is one thing, but spending time out of game to ruin others experience? Bleh, they should be destroyed.

Really? Meta-gaming is what makes the MMO EvE work. If there was no intrigue outside of the game it would be stale as all hell ingame. I personally think more people meta-gaming and expanding the interaction in and out of the gameworld is fascinating and could even be used to great effect to add depth to the game.

I've been helping a member of this clan and his friend.

The name is ~{SoH}~ Vaugh*something* And I have not once had trouble with him or his friend.

I even gave him the first SVD Camo I ever found, and he managed to save my life with it, by killing a person that sneaked onto us.

YEAHHH BOIIIIIIII