relentless@clear.net.nz

Turning After Being Bitten

The idea is something like this.

Group gets attacked, player B is bitten.

Player B now has a 30% chance of turning at a random time within the next 30 mins.

From his pov he will die suddenly, from his friends pov he will become zombified(similar to what happened in stalker, look the same but different) and attack them without warning.

Would add a nice element of more paranoia.

"Jimmy your lagging behind keep up"

"Jimmy?? whats wrong"

It would be so annoying for the person who got infected, you could spend 20 hours survival and dodge almost all zombies, then get hit by 1 zombie and then die from infection? I dunno seems just a pain in the ass

You could add in a element of anti-dote to the game, so if someone is bit they have a certain amount of time to get the cure... The cool thing about it is it would trick people if you keep the players model and gear and just have it walk around like a normal zombie.

Would add a certain cool element to the game I think. Not all players are in mobs of teams, some are alone!

You could add in a element of anti-dote to the game

We do have an (unused) antibiotics item in the game' date=' however, for the Zombie infection it's pretty much useless because that disease is a prion disease in our lore (at least for now), which means there is no known vaccine or cure.

Well if your writing a book yeah I can see the historical conflict, but game-play wise it would be fine, also often vaccines are found LATE in a viruses cycle, perhaps too late in this case. And perhaps it only works for each infection Vs immunity! this would explain allot and fix that lore issue.

One idea is have it so the vaccine kills off any infection in a persons body at the time its administered, it doesn't provide any sort of antibody to the person so if they are bitten again they will need another dose.

The vaccine could also have some negative side effects for a time on the player. Be it a health damage, blurred vision, shaking or slowed movement.

This along with a percentile chance of the bite actually causing infection should create times when the player has to really think about if they should take the cure and be vulnerable for a time, or take the chance on their character to keep their faculties.

You could add in a element of anti-dote to the game

We do have an (unused) antibiotics item in the game' date=' however, for the Zombie infection it's pretty much useless because that disease is a prion disease in our lore (at least for now), which means there is no known vaccine or cure.

Sickness might be a neat mechanic that could force people to a hospital or to travel and groups and designate a group member as a doctor who holds the meds. Zombification? Nah. I think it's a bit out of place as the mod is already very difficult.

I think that after a player dies, around 15 minutes after, they should get up and join the undead. It would be neat to hunt player zombies for their gear.

It could totally be a Walking Dead type thing. Where death causes you to turn into one.

people who have died should get up. Not another way to suddenly kill me please.

Imagine a manly lumberjacktype dude with a beard going twoards a stumbling survivor talking to him and pleased the survivor isnt shooting at him, and then the survivor starts to spring twoards him.