Domeboybeene

Can't open Arma II, Operation Arrowhead

Hey, I realise it's not actually DayZ acting up but I can't play the game without running Operation Arrowhead once. Problem is, I can't even do that, it comes up with the message 'No entry bin/config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow' during the loading bar with the boxes and ticks. Once I've pressed okay, it will continue to try and load up, but the second message 'Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0' pops up and Operation Arrowhead does not open. If someone can help out with this problem, It'd be mighty appreciated. Arma II opens fine, it's just Operation Arrowhead that's being a problem. I've tried reinstalling it three times, same message.

Hey, I realise it's not actually DayZ acting up but I can't play the game without running Operation Arrowhead once. Problem is, I can't even do that, it comes up with the message 'No entry bin/config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow' during the loading bar with the boxes and ticks. Once I've pressed okay, it will continue to try and load up, but the second message 'Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0' pops up and Operation Arrowhead does not open. If someone can help out with this problem, It'd be mighty appreciated. Arma II opens fine, it's just Operation Arrowhead that's being a problem. I've tried reinstalling it three times, same message.

run combined operations
  • Like 1

Okay, came up with the command bar and a lot of stuff got typed out, but apart from that, nothing. Anything else?

A lot of people have been saying to run as admin but still didn't worked for me, please, anyone, solve this problem.

i cant play operation arrowhead, wen i try i get a pop up window saying !!!MISSING LINK twice at the same time (but i can play ArmA 2 single and online no problem). wen i verify the integrity of game cache... on my steam account for both ArmA 2 and ArmA 2 operation arrowhead i get this pop window 1 file failed to validate and will be reaquired can someone help?

I've got the same problem! I'm so mad right now. I've spent $30, had a 9 hour download time, having my internet stop working, having to reinstall twice, and now this! Somebody, please fix this! I've tried running as admin and reinstalling, but nothing helped.

EDIT: I know I'm late, but this question was never answered, and I'm still having a problem.

Edited by Gusmaniac

ok there are sevral thngs that need to be addressed. did you buy the game through steam?

faster you reply the faster i can help you

Edited by {RoS}ZgraphZ

Have you tried the guide . Section 7 Had similar issues last week. Cant remember 100% if it was this that fixed it.

More-than-less fail-safe method. One step at a time!

Install A2&updates>play. Same for AO. Then install whatever broswer you want (DayZ Commander, Play withSix..or "F" the broswer, nab the IP from the Private Hive Listing and join from within Arma CO)

IMPORTANT. If you either browser. Set your mod folders up correctly (Refer to the Guide. Section 4) for either DayZ Commander, Play withSix. Because if you dont, you'll have multiply copies of each map/mod...never in the right spot.)

Actually I dont follow that to the letter. I've made a folder named extensions in my main OA directory where all my @ModAddOns go :thumbsup:

you need to merge the arma 2 folder with your OA folder this will sort your problem out m8.

its the addon folder and another file sorry i cant check on my laptop.

i had to do it to the other day.