Lady Kyrah

Get rid of those .50 cal

Those are anti material rifles, from a realistic standpoint, they aren't even designed to be used against peoples. Just give us more reasonable precision rifles instead of those handheld "cannons".

It keeps making me think about the LAR Grizzly Big-boar in the "tremors" movie, which was chosen simply because the character using it is a gun nut.

• Like 1

Don't forget there are vehicles in the game, and that's why I think they should stay in. Its really nice being able to stop a ural in 2-3 good shots.

• Like 1

They use .50 cal in CoD the most realistic game evar! case closed

keep them in but make the ammo very very rare, and only be able to find 1-2rounds at a time....although its still hella fun to put a round through the engine block of a moving vehicle at 800m +

• Like 1

Don't forget there are vehicles in the game, and that's why I think they should stay in. Its really nice being able to stop a ural in 2-3 good shots.

You will see a vehicle once a month and i doubt you run with your as-50 inhand all the time. Just few shots to the tires with 7.62 and the car is yours.

• Like 2

So what's your point. They're not intended on shooting people? Yeah, but you can still shoot one at a person in reality afaik and it'll kill him with ease plus you can disable a car driving down the road. They don't have 1km aggro radius for nothing.

• Like 1

keep them in but make the ammo very very rare, and only be able to find 1-2rounds at a time....although its still hella fun to put a round through the engine block of a moving vehicle at 800m +

I've owned a car since the 1.1 patch and I have never been shot at with .50cal 99% use them to snipe across NWAF and cherno.

Also the addition of a weight system would balance them a lot. Not so fun lugging around a massive 50 cal. so people would stick to the m24 or DMR.

Also the addition of a weight system would balance them a lot. Not so fun lugging around a massive 50 cal. so people would stick to the m24 or DMR.

They should disable the backpack if they use .50cal weapon in main weapon slot.

• Like 1

You will see a vehicle once a month and i doubt you run with your as-50 inhand all the time. Just few shots to the tires with 7.62 and the car is yours.

Lol once a month? You obviously don't know where to go or do not play on a populated server. I get all my gear from raiding tents/vehicles and having a 50 cal. to stop someone from driving off with there loot cache is very nice.

Yeah but those rifles are mostly for disabling radar equipments, stationary aircrafts and the like. Any armored vehicle is normally impervious to a .50 and any car/truck can be made quick work of with any assault rifle anyway.

They just propagate the "my gun is bigger than yours" mentality.

And that's an interesting idea, IF a couple equipments where using the backpack slot.

Edited by Lady Kyrah

It used to be like that for the M107 but they changed it a while back.

And what's wrong with bigger gun than yours? There are different tiered guns in the game and it is just natural a anti-materiel rifle can out-range CZ 550, there's supposed to be progression to get better guns from higher risk loot areas and a reason trying to loot better guns and not just get Winchester and own everyone.

I think its being kept because of its easily recognisable shape. If someones running around with a .50 on their back, you can tell from a mile off, so you know to either get over the next hill away from em, or close the distance between you carefully.

I agree. IRL given the population density, even when taking into account the military presence in Chernarus. It is unlikely that there would be even one or two rifles of this type present. Currently there are way too many! They are too powerful and too frequently just used to grief other players.

Just for reference this article details some info. on the number of Scout/snipers and their equipment in a USMC battalion Scout/sniper platoon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scout_Sniper_Platoon

How many Scout/sniper platoons were ever deployed to Chernarus?

Edited by heretic

The .50 cal weapons are pretty rare to find so I don't see a problem with them.... If you are lucky enough to find one then why the fuck can't you use it against some poor bastard (not saying camp the shoreline and hit new spawns). The better snipers aren't really in the game for killing zombies but to kill butt hurt noobs that run to the forums after being killed by one to rage.

.50 cal should use up 20+ slots...that thing is huge compared to the other rifles...they should make backpack usage depending on the primary weapon size. SMG 10 slots, Rifle 15 slots, "Sniperrifle" 18 slots, AMR 22 slots.

Why can we actually pack them into a ruck anyway? Not realistic according to ppl who say they exist therefore you can find them.

Edited by Enforcer

A makarov to the head is just as effective as the 50 cal. And if you take either to the head, it was your fault.

Those are anti material rifles, from a realistic standpoint, they aren't even designed to be used against peoples. Just give us more reasonable precision rifles instead of those handheld "cannons".

It keeps making me think about the LAR Grizzly Big-boar in the "tremors" movie, which was chosen simply because the character using it is a gun nut.

The rifle itself can fire .50 cal ammunition, and it theoretically is capable to destroy more then human tissue, but you need to use the proper ammunition, there is special ammo for human targets, and there is special ammo for lets say car engines and other comperable stuff out of metal.

It has higher range, that other sniper rifles can not achieve just because of the smaller ammunition, which is a another reason to use it agains human targets, also it was quite often issued in Iraqi cities just becaue of the walls people cover behind, so basically for killing human targets behind cover, and that happens quite often as you may know.

It may be called an anti material rifle, but 99% of the shots are at human bodies ...

Edited by Proceed

why dont u get rid of your game and unistall it?

Are you skipping on your medications again?

I'm not against sniper rifles, it's just that those .50 cal are only popular with gamers and gun nuts that own it just for bragging and hardly ever take it to a range that can exploit it's capabilities. In the hands of a civilian it's makes as much sense as a desert eagle for home defence.

Basically it's neither realistic nor serious.

Edited by Lady Kyrah

I see vehicles every day. Often multiple times per day.

And I keep my AS50 in the back of my truck for such occasions.

As it turns out, not everyone is you.

As to the OP and supporters, this is argument is silly. You go down a slippery slope of "unrealistic" rifles until we're basically left with revolvers and shotguns because honestly those are probably the only guns in the game the average "civilian" could handle properly let alone maintain, fix jams, etc. Maybe the AKs.

Appeals to realism are made because you don't have appeals to game play.

The AS50 is content, it has applications, it is no more unrealistic or unbelievable than an M4A1 CCO or an M16A2 ACOG or an M203 or the M136 or the M107 or the M249 SAW or M240 or the PDW or Bizon SD or L85, etc., etc. ad nauseum.

By the time you're done taking out every weapon that doesn't "fit" we will be throwing rocks and sticks at each other or attacking with insults and japes.

Basically you're asking the developers to devote time to removing content from the game. You better come equipped with a good reason. And so far nobody has.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 1