Sign in to follow this  
hallgraeme

Deer Stands and Guns

A couple of questions

1. Can you actually find guns in them? I have NEVER seen a gun in them and have looked at lots of them.

2. I only ever seem to find AK47 or AKM. The thing is i have lots of STANAG ammo but cannot find the guns to go with it. I always find the AK47 and AKM at the airfields but nothing else.

Any ideas?

I found M4A1 and stuff like that, which can use STANAG magz in Deer Stands, Baracks and also in Fire Stations.. So keep on searching..

I picked up AKS-74 Kobra + 4 mags 5 minutes after spawning from a deer stand yesterday . So yes, you can find weapons in them.

Lol nice contradiction there mate :P

Yes you can find military grade weapons in deer stands. Coyote backpack and mp5 sd with 4 mags was my best find.

Don't rely on deer stands, use them as a lucky draw rather than a promising loot point.

-MONSTER

• Like 1

I have yet to even see a deer stand, and I've spent a few hours searching the areas where they are supposed to be. Gonna try again tonight, lol.

Edited by RevApoc

There is a 3-4% chance for a Kalashnikov weapon and 1% for a m16, less for other natoweapons, and that is if there are loot there at all.

Well, you answered your own question in the 2nd point of your post.

Yes, you can find guns in them. I have found a variety of military weapons and more.

Keep trying =\.

Dayz Wiki To the rescue. :D

Deer Stand Weapon Drops Item Probability AKM 4.78% AK74 2.87% Glock 17 1.91% M1014 1.91% AKS-74 Kobra 1.53% Remington 870 1.53% AKS-74u 0.96% M9 0.96% M16A2 0.96% PDW 0.96% MP5A5 0.76% MP5SD6 0.38% M9 SD 0.38% M4A1 0.38% M16A2 M203 0.19% M4A1 CCO 0.19% M24 0.19% DMR 0.19% M14 EP1 0.19% M4A3 CCO 0.19%

Edited by Talon2000uk

Found:

M9

M9 SD

Glock17

PDW

MP5

MP5SD6

M16A2

M16/203

AKM/AKS/AK-74/Kobra

Rem 870

M1014

M4A1

M4A1 CCO

M4A3 CCO

M14 AIM

DRM

But I also found boatloads of trash, chemlights and empty cans.

2. I only ever seem to find AK47 or AKM. The thing is i have lots of STANAG ammo but cannot find the guns to go with it. I always find the AK47 and AKM at the airfields but nothing else.

Any ideas?

thank the server hopping loot farmers. they grab the good stuff and leave the often spawned ak's.

The loot table says a lot of shit. Frankly, since about 1.6.0, I haven't found loot even slightly resembling good outside of the absolute most dangerous spawn zones.

Not true I've found good stuff recently but its getting harder due to server hoping fucktards. >:(

A couple of questions

1. Can you actually find guns in them? I have NEVER seen a gun in them and have looked at lots of them.

Any ideas?

?

A day or two ago I was pissed that I accidentally deleted an MP5 that was on the ground because I forgot that I needed 10 slots in my backpack to fit it in. I said to myself when I spawned (I died shortly after) that if this first deer stand I go to doesn't have an MP5, I'm getting off for the day. Very luckily I found an M9SD and an MP5 in the first deer stand I found. Also today, I found an M16.