AnonDayZ (DayZ)

Tents, tents everywhere as far as the eye can see...

It's alpha. The team has better things to do than waste time on trivial shit like your tents. If it was beta fine, but let things like this go and start doing your job as testers. You're here to make Day Z's trip to beta and then final release quicker, not cry about tents, and/or people stealing your gear.

Infinite anything: infinite AS50s, NVGs, Ghillies, AS85s, food, medicine, ammo. This is a trivial in a Zombie apocolypse game where finding any gun is meant to be special? Can you tell me what is a major bug? This is an Alpha grade bug. It breaks the game. You die, you go to tentworld, you get everything. Death is meaningless. Every soft and hard server reset and you get to go again.

Its a game of permadeath where every few hours you can roll out with the best loot in the game. It is basically giving "lives" to a small group of the playerbase (the apex tent, heli/NWA/etc farmers) as it is a bug that kicks in no matter what you do.

Basically lol@u for the word trivial. Oh wait. Maybe.... you like the bug.

There's nothing "trivial" here ... Tent duping + gear duping warps the game mechanics and rules to the point, that there's no need to raid places like NWA or Heli crash sites again, ever ... or any other places, since you can dupe whatever you need.

Trivial.

You know why? Because a Hive wipe clears it all anyway and moving from Alpha to Beta for example would most definitely warrant a Hive wipe. You can go ahead and keep grasping at the straws of how important these issues are but in reality its not. Stop teating it like a commercial game.

Edited by Lobo

Infinite anything: infinite AS50s, NVGs, Ghillies, AS85s, food, medicine, ammo. This is a trivial in a Zombie apocolypse game where finding any gun is meant to be special? Can you tell me what is a major bug? This is an Alpha grade bug. It breaks the game. You die, you go to tentworld, you get everything. Death is meaningless. Every soft and hard server reset and you get to go again.

Its a game of permadeath where every few hours you can roll out with the best loot in the game. It is basically giving "lives" to a small group of the playerbase (the apex tent, heli/NWA/etc farmers) as it is a bug that kicks in no matter what you do.

Basically lol@u for the word trivial. Oh wait. Maybe.... you like the bug.

Obviously the team does not side with you. Or they would be constatly sweeping for these things.

It's alpha. The team has better things to do than waste time on trivial shit like your tents. If it was beta fine, but let things like this go and start doing your job as testers. You're here to make Day Z's trip to beta and then final release quicker, not cry about tents, and/or people stealing your gear.

Hope you're being sarcastic. It is Alpha and totally understand it's about testing and hitting limits of the mod. But if you can't understand how limitless equipment is game breaking then...

Infinite gear givers people the chance to continuously gear up without playing the game as intended. These people then go and kill other people - newbies, survivors, bandits and so forth. With no chance to actually play the mod as intended hoe can others fully test the game?

For high end players we are no longer experimenting and testing DayZ, we are simply giving false information to Rocket and other devs.

• Like 1

Trivial.

You know why? Because a Hive wipe clears it all anyway and moving from Alpha to Beta for example would most definitely warrant a Hive wipe. You can go ahead and keep grasping at the straws of important these issues are but in reality its not. Stop teating it like a commercial game.

True, hive wipe would help, but it doesn't solve anything since there is something wrong in the code itself ... we can wipe the hive all day long, but if they don't fix the code, the tents+gear gets duped until another wipe.

Edited by Gʀʌʏ Fох
  • Like 1

That's precisely what we're doing. We're testing the game, reporting tents are broken in several ways, and asking the team to prioritize fixing them, as it breaks the game. Me, I'd be OK with all tents being wiped (tent and contents both) until they can fix this.

Yeah, I seriously am starting to think that tents should be fixed immediately. The duping and indestructibility just destroys all concept of scavenging. It took me a week to find my first tent - dozens of supermarket raids, trips to Cherno (what fun), and other such things. Imagine my thrill when, in the back room of an apartment, I spy a camping tent.

Two weeks later, I have seven stored away because tents keep respawning all over my camp. It took me three tries to place my tent right (successful placements, but packed up and redone). Now, every server reset, I get three new tents. So now, when I go to the market, it's no fun to find a tent. Whoop-de-do, a tent, I have an INFINITE NUMBER of those back at base. I have quite literally left piles of tents in the middle of the woods in an attempt to cull the herd.

It's a bad sign when people start passing up rare items because a bug makes them more common (and unwanted) than tin cans.

• Like 1

True, hive wipe would help, but it doesn't solve anything since there is something wrong in the code itself ... we can wipe the hive all day long, but if they don't fix the code, the tents+gear gets duped until another wipe.

'

I am not saying don't fix the code. However thread 836343473 and 1 on this topic plus all the reddits we know Rocket reads, are not going to get it fixed faster. They know it's a problem, it's safe for people to stop making new threads and wait for the fix. It will happen, when it happens.

Yeah, I seriously am starting to think that tents should be fixed immediately. The duping and indestructibility just destroys all concept of scavenging. It took me a week to find my first tent - dozens of supermarket raids, trips to Cherno (what fun), and other such things. Imagine my thrill when, in the back room of an apartment, I spy a camping tent.

Two weeks later, I have seven stored away because tents keep respawning all over my camp. It took me three tries to place my tent right (successful placements, but packed up and redone). Now, every server reset, I get three new tents. So now, when I go to the market, it's no fun to find a tent. Whoop-de-do, a tent, I have an INFINITE NUMBER of those back at base. I have quite literally left piles of tents in the middle of the woods in an attempt to cull the herd.

It's a bad sign when people start passing up rare items because a bug makes them more common (and unwanted) than tin cans.

They are no indestructible. Toss a frag grenade at them.

Do that, and half the time they come back on the next server reboot. Full of stuff.

We had to grenade a camp three times before it stuck.

Trivial.

You know why? Because a Hive wipe clears it all anyway and moving from Alpha to Beta for example would most definitely warrant a Hive wipe. You can go ahead and keep grasping at the straws of how important these issues are but in reality its not. Stop teating it like a commercial game.

In your pre-edit post you mentioned "testing the limits of the game". In an Alpha a bug which fundamentally alters the gameplay and the way players interact with other key elements of the game is game breaking in my mind. We have a perma-death, risk-reward, survival game where you will die and everything you own will be someone elses or just lost. Ok, duping breaks every element of this and prevents a realistic understanding of how players are interacting with the game. How do you make decisions about balance? Trivial, nu-hu. Makes the alpha balancing pointless.

Zombie aggro radius changed? Who cares? i'll spam my M48. Lol I died. Run in, lol I have an M48.

Food usage rebalanced? Who cares? I have a tent which makes food.

Server pops increased by DAYZ request with resulting increase in PVP, you die more. Who cares, I run for 30 minutes, I am a spec ops night server ghillie operative with an AS50.

Friendly or shoot on sight? Why care, you die, you get all your gear back. No risk reward.

Duping makes the risk of engaging with a player utterly trivial. Result: grief, ganking, lol-I r Rambo zergs with M48s on cherno.

Trivial o.0.

'

I am not saying don't fix the code. However thread 836343473 and 1 on this topic plus all the reddits we know Rocket reads, are not going to get it fixed faster. They know it's a problem, it's safe for people to stop making new threads and wait for the fix. It will happen, when it happens.

There are people who don't know about the bug, tho. I didn't until two days ago, when I started seeing the weird tent behavior for myself. So I came to the forums and searched for it, and I only learned of it because people were posting.

And then they come back when the server restarts. whoo-dee-doo, how useful that was.

Fact that this hasn't been hotfix'd by now is lame as fuck. Let's get beartraps instead -.-

• Like 2

'

Lobo, can you link the 836343473 threads? No? It is a hot topic. Deal with it. Also, "in devs we trust". I trust no one, especially not software engineers.

Fact that this hasn't been hotfix'd by now is lame as fuck. Let's get beartraps instead -.-

Yeah the devs really are looking at the wrong things. Stop adding more shit that doesn't work right, and get whats in there solid.

• Like 1

Pretty much what happened to myself. The first tent I found was probably on my first or second trip to a supermarket. I was very lucky, as I'd later find out. I put it out in the woods, not very well-hidden, tho. That one character died, and I spawned as the new guy which I've been surviving as for six days. The area the camp was often had some action going on (I once logged in to hear shots all around camp... was really nervous that day), and I was always afraid that someone would find and loot my tent. So for four days straight I went several times to a supermarket and high-yield residences, until I found a new tent. I was so happy I almost shouted out.

So I proceeded to search for a new, far away, heavily secluded place, to put my tent in. Left it there, put all my stuff inside, and the following day... it's empty. All 5 weapons and 50 items. It coudn't have been a looter, but still I wanted to move it somewhere else. So I picked it up, placed it further down the hill, and when I log back in the next day... BAM there is the original tent again. I had looted another tent from a hidden tent city camp, and placed it on another server, very well-hidden inside a tree's foliage. But not before having to retry and re-place it once. So when I come back... BAM there's the other tent... All of them empty, btw.

So I went from being incredibly engaged in gameplay and hoping for a tent so I could relocate and explore new places... To being just "meh" about the game, since tents are a never-ending plague, and will duplicate or erase items randomly.

Edited by takfar

Adding stuff is fine. Rocket has said it's all an experiment. Add stuff and see what happens. But currently the tent issue is becoming a huge hindrance as more and more people play, you get more people hitting end game as such - thus destroying all gameplay.

Adding stuff is fine. Rocket has said it's all an experiment. Add stuff and see what happens. But currently the tent issue is becoming a huge hindrance as more and more people play, you get more people hitting end game as such - thus destroying all gameplay.

Well, theres still huge game breaking issues that have been seemingly left as they are:1) Server hopping/farming abuse.2) Dc exploit.3 Dupes inc tents.4) Barbed wire/Tank Trap dupe and litteradding stuff had added:4) heli drop cycling5) invisible bear trapsetc etcIt would sugest there are vital issues that need fixing before adding dogs or whatever crap the fanbase has begged for.

I agree that these are bugs that need to be fixed, and should be a priority. But what I don't understand is people saying "The tent duping bugs ruin the game for me because when I die I can just go back ad get re-geared".... just don't do that then. Until the bugs/exploits are fixed don't use them. Seems pretty simple to me.

• Like 2

I agree that these are bugs that need to be fixed, and should be a priority. But what I don't understand is people saying "The tent duping bugs ruin the game for me because when I die I can just go back ad get re-geared".... just don't do that then. Until the bugs/exploits are fixed don't use them. Seems pretty simple to me.

Stop making sense on the internet!

• Like 1

To me it's not about dying. I haven't died in six days. It's about finding new loot and being unable to put it in a tent because it will either a ) make everything disappear or b ) replace whatever I placed there with a previous instance of the tent's contents. It's also about having two terribly conspicuous tents standing around the spot where I wanted to put my well-hidden one, and being unable to move that hidden tent elsewhere without leaving an undead copy of it in its place, forever.

We've already begun doing it :)

However don't think many others will - the temptation let's face it is just too much for the vast majority of players ;)

• Like 1

It's alpha. The team has better things to do than waste time on trivial shit like your tents.

i agree, they are so broken remove them temporarily and work on more important stuff

side benefit there would be less militray geared nubs sniping noobs of the beach like omaha re-enactment day

If it was beta fine, but let things like this go and start doing your job as testers.
they are broken the bugs have been reported its now a feature that no longer needs testing until fixes are made, so its easier to remove temp then just leave as leaving is having negative impact on the games feel (also important part of alpha/beta reporting) and putting uneccessary strain on the testers learning the game so they can find other bugs

since 1.7.2.3 my backpack randomly generates a duplicate of 1 item in the backpack over writing my secondry rifle on loggin (last night i got a free piece of raw meat, the night before a free smoke grenade) this is a bug .. this has been reported, tents are a broken game mechanic they moved beyond bug