AnonDayZ (DayZ)

Tents, tents everywhere as far as the eye can see...

Should tents be removed from the game entirely or some useless thing like "1 tent/individual", people would start using vehicles as storage more than they do at the moment. What will happen then? You will start complaining about that. "Uuuuh, yea they got 1 tent filled with gear and 2 urals filled with stuff too, its unfair advantages, the vehicles needs to be removed!"

This whole thing is ridicilous, where does it end? Really?

do vehicles randomly generate free gear every server restart? if no then that gear has been worked for and will alter player interactions becasue of fear of loss/need to restock toning back some of the death matching a beach slaughter

if yes then fine temp remove that too, or alter the loot carrying ability to parts and fuel only

its not about advantage,

but if it were, real advantage thats worked for . your clan spend 3 days farming the crap otu of the airfield and taking on all comers to the gear gratz ^^ you got the gear it was woked for

current advantage, 1 guy stuck some nvg's in a tent saves it removes and waits for server restart, takes second pair out waits for restart, dupe a couple of tents and its a mass production military grade factory in tent sized bundles

• Like 1

I agree, something must be done about this tent problem. I mean, we all payed Rocket good money for this mod and.... "What's that? I didn't pay any money? That must be wrong I clearly remember paying money for... Oh, that was Arma 2 I paid for, not DayZ? I see."

Long story short, yes, they appear to be a problem. I'm sure it has been bug reported, Why complain about it? Just play around it until/if it is fixed.

I agree that these are bugs that need to be fixed, and should be a priority. But what I don't understand is people saying "The tent duping bugs ruin the game for me because when I die I can just go back ad get re-geared".... just don't do that then. Until the bugs/exploits are fixed don't use them. Seems pretty simple to me.

It's like having a save game feature and being told "don't use the save game". That's fine in a SP game, but this is a MP game and people will abuse the bugs for advantage. As my head splatters from a AS50 ghillie spec ops duper it makes the testing of the alpha weaker.

To be absolutely clear, this is about duping. Tents are just the vehicle for this. If you are setting up a resource limited game where you have to risk going somewhere to get something that might kill you, duping is your no1 bug.

• Like 1

I thought tents were notorious for eating items, not keeping them.

I believe the problem comes from the need to manually save them.

If you empty your tents and then save them, I believe the contents stay gone.

But, you can fill a tent with all kinds of good stuff, save it, then take the stuff out and it will all come back on a restart.

So if you're sick of these tents, care to let us know where they are? some players might like a new weapon, and at least this will take campers away from the other usual areas!!

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

It's alpha. The team has better things to do than waste time on trivial shit like your tents. If it was beta fine, but let things like this go and start doing your job as testers. You're here to make Day Z's trip to beta and then final release quicker, not cry about tents, and/or people stealing your gear.

Excuse "its alpha" not really comes in play here as what is happening in alpha is usually fixing bugs and going forward to other stages of developement. Having bug such as unlimited resources in resource based game where they should be scarce is like turning godmode or aimbot in CS. It is bug on very high priority list... Also noone is crying about stolen gear = seems that you totally missunderstood the point raised here.

If you call this trivial shit you are probably just one abusing the feature to your advantage... ;)

I agree that these are bugs that need to be fixed, and should be a priority. But what I don't understand is people saying "The tent duping bugs ruin the game for me because when I die I can just go back ad get re-geared".... just don't do that then. Until the bugs/exploits are fixed don't use them. Seems pretty simple to me.

You are perfectly right, but not everyone plays "fair". Even now there are lots of people abusing this to their advantage making testing the game not really fun for people who want to play it legit. Testing needs to be set in admin given enviroment, without any advantages. As some people decide not to use tents will only get disadvantage as there are dupers who will say screw it, and go on rampage with ghilies, L85s and AS50s :)

Remember not everyone plays fair. Cheaters with Battleye evasion are _less_ of a problem as this is basically exploiting the game in open using in game means killing the spirit the game was built for = survival.

Edited by 5c0

“One should not be envious of someone who has prospered by unjust deeds. Nor should he disdain someone who has fallen while adhering to the path of righteousness.”

Imagawa Sadayo (1325-1420)

Go to cherno, place a tent on a street, pick up a tent, place a tent, pick up a tent, place a tent, lets say, 20 times, after next server restart, that street will be a solid wall of tents... Nah it's ok lets add beartraps so we can dupe them and place them on every doorway...

Ok seriously i'm not playing DayZ till they fix that. Tent bug is more important than broken zombies, game crashing, legs breaking in doorways or whatever other bugs there are.