Sign in to follow this  
HamTheBacon

Is this an abuse of power?

Ok so a friend of mine stumbled upon a group of tents in the far North East of NY8 and there were some really nice items in there, we opt to leave them alone but some players logged in and saw us and began shooting us, after i killed them i said fuck you and we took their stuff and moved it to our camp, later we logged on and found our camp empty like before we took them, and went back and saw everything was back to before we looted them, so we took them again, put them back played for the day (about 6 hours) then went to bed woke up, gone again, we went back later that day and found the camp moved, this gave us 3 conclusions:

A: The server admin abusing powers and reverting the server to save his or a friends gear (I assume against the rules)

B: A Hacker who moves our stuff back to the tents so he doesnt lose his stuff (Far less likely)

C: These players somehow followed us after being killed and took their gear back and then moved it (I think not)

So as far as i can tell those items became the spoils of war after they shot dead 2 of 4 of us, but me being a total boss was able to take out all 3 of them with a AKM whilst i was going up against a Sniper with a AS50 and 2 guys with AWS.

Some of the stuff they had we questioned, like 15 Satchel charges and 4 Mk.48 around 6 GPS 2 NVG 3 AWS 2 AS50 3 M107 4 Mountain dew and some random other guns even about 6 M4 Holos.

It was more along the lines of us trading with them until they logged in and shot at us, then i killed them for trying to take us by suprise when they could have just said hey wtf are you doing here, we were actually leaving, we were just exploring the area and stumbled upon them, we didnt want to oppsose until we had to defend ourselves, after using 4 clips of ammo and 4 steaks to stay alive long enough to take them out we had to restock supplies, but the butthurt kids we killed start abusing server admin powers and revert the server to save their gear? and then move it? yea that shouldnt be allowed, all we actually kept was what we got off the bodies and a couple steaks and guns from the tents, so please tell me if we are in the wrong here for being at the wrong place at the wrong time, and then taking what we earned in a firefight.

Play on another server I would say just to be safe, its their server technically so if they want to be idiots and abuse the game mechanics somehow you can't stop them, so best to just move to a more reliable server

Edited by Lonewolfz

Exactly. You never know if you're being fucked over, and move your stuff to a different server while you still got it.

That's my best advice.

Most likely tent saving bugs.

We destroyed the same camp three times before it stuck. After each server restart, it was back with the same items we had stolen on the first visit.

Play on another server I would say just to be safe, its their server technically so if they want to be idiots and abuse the game mechanics somehow you can't stop them, so best to just move to a more reliable server

You ever did sports or watched them? Cheaters/abuser gonna banned from championships. No sportmen ever moved to other tournaments...

i killed an admin couple dayz ago and he did a server reboot right after. So yeah people abuse their power all the time and this problem will never go away.

Well i went from having the following:

1 AKM 4 Mags

2 Cans beans

2 Steaks

2 Cans Purple Drank (Cola)

2 Cans Pepsi

1 Pair Binos

1 ALICE pack

to having:

1 AWS 6 Clips

1 M1911 4 Clips

2 Steaks

2 Cans Mountain Dew

1 Large Coyote Backpack

1 M107 3 Mags

1 M4A1 Holo

I would have also had a Mk. 48 and a AS50 but the backpack i took off the corpse of the assholes that shot at us for no good reason (hurr durr) reverted as i logged off, went from having a AS50 2 clips and a Mk. 48 1 Belt to being the crap in his backpack.

What pisses me off is i get caught by a bug and post about it, they tell me to stop being so carebear butthurt, so i stopped giving a fuck, and then i find their camp and they do the same shit i asked to do, i saw who the bodies were, i could post names but im not an asshole.