Sign in to follow this  
PixelPopper

IDEAS FOR A BETTER DAYZ!!!

1. No. Body armor is not a good idea in any context.

2. Rocket has already said he plans on making identifying markers for people who play in groups. I hate when people come into the suggestions form when they haven't even bothered to read what the game's creator has planned.

3. Entirely unnecessary. For the most part, you aren't going to live long enough to want to spend the time burying things so that you can come back to them. Especially if you're "saving them for another life." No.

4. Wouldn't serve any purpose and would probably just require more system/server load to keep track of. No thanks.

5. Rocket has also said that this isn't an option. More zombies = more server load = less enjoyable gameplay.

6. Rocket has also addressed why zombies have erratic movement. Do some goddamn reading instead of just jumping to the suggestions forum.

7. "Hey, let me stop bandaging myself, it's not like bleeding everywhere is bad for my health or anything." No.

8. "gernaid." I didn't even read the rest of this.

9. Using the words "realistic" and "zombie" in the same sentence absolutely invalidates any point you're trying to make. Zombies are not real. Do not pretend that you know how they behave.

10. No. People server hop for legitimate reasons all the time. Punishing all players because of exploiters is not the solution.

11. Agreed.

12. This already happens with wire kits and sandbags. Fortifications are used almost primarily to troll servers, rather than creating a safe haven for survivors.

13. Pretty sure this is in the works as well.

16. No. Traps are going to end up being used for trolling. Traps don't serve any real purpose.

overquoting is intentionalfor easier navigation

1. body armor- head armor - chest armor - shoulders and leg armor. The longer you play the more protection you get against player killers but at the expense of movement speed. If you get so lucky to find them. Each piece of armor you find has a -% reduction and can can add up with a full set.

2. More skins - a little more diversity so we don't accidently shoot one of our own when someone tries to blend into a group because everyone looks the same.

3. Shovels can be used for digging a hole to bury your items for long term storage. If your good at using a map it should be easy to refind.

4. limbs can be taken off zombies kinda like in dead space. and can only be 1 shot with a head shot. This would only work if teleporting was fixed.

5. Slow the rate that zombies can move but increase their numbers.

6. Fix the Z's animations so when your close range fighting with they dont jump around you like a vampire or neo would and dodge your bullets.

7. When stuck in an animation like bandaging or throwing, it would be great to stop the animation so you can react to incoming gunfire or two zombies that appeared out of nowhere.

8. If your throwing a gernaid, flare or tin can have a reticle on the screen so you can see generally where your going to throw it.

9. I agree that the sight aggro radius is a little unrealistic for a zombie. Instead of such a long sight aggro radius maybe you can add a different mechanic like smell. if rain washes off your stench then your more susceptible to aggro.

10.Restrict how quick a player can switch from server to server say you have to be in one server for at least 30 minutes before you can enter another one without a wait timer. the more you switch servers the longer the wait timer adds 5 mins for switching too quick 10 for another quick switch etc etc. you are still able to instantly connect to your original server.

11.Thermal optics should never be allowed on a gun. From what i understand they were taken out but it might make sence for something like thermal sight that would take up several slots of your inventory much like what swat teams would use. Thermal optics and a large case takes up space. They are heavy and cumbersome but can be used really well to plan out an indoor attack. from personal experiance you have to keep them still and looking at one location for a few seconds before you get a picture of whats there.

12.The ability to actually completly board up a building with wood and bars from scrap metal. Large groups of players can completly take over a part or an entire city. of course they could be retaken by using an axe to chop the wood off or just by shooting it.

13.Add a grouping option so you can choose to spawn near your team mate with a penalty to something like 50% blood for 5-10-15 mins, this effect might be similar to a deserter debuff on a mmorpg for leaving a pvp area.

14. Why are broken down vehicles so rare? if you were in a city there should be tons of vehicles to repair. I would think it would be better to make them spawn more just completely broken down.

15. Rare spawn shovels can be used for digging holes so you can either use it for cover while defending a position or to bury your items.

16. TRAPS and LOTS of VARIETY!!!

1. Not crucial for now, but I'd be glad to see this feature, espacially if it will be visual too.
  2. No sir, not little more diversity. We need a scary freaking lots of diversity and randomness here. We need very big system to build character appearance so that there will be almost no chance to meet two character alike. That will be totally awesome. But knowing the amount of work it will require, knowing how DayZ is developed, I don't think it's realistic to wait for this feature in the next year or two :(
  3. Yes, this is willbe the most outstanding feature! Revolutionary. I really hope it will be in DayZ. Isung those gigantic tents to store loot. Dammit, rediculous. In real life you just wrap you stuff in a bag and put it under a log. C'mon, we need at least shovel with a pit to store loot. Defifnitely for it.
  4. This feature is about the game engine. Arma2 is not having it. But VBS (which is the base of Arma2) has it already. I can find a video of a soldier blon on mine with his leg flying away if you need.
  5. Zombie animations and speed are planned to be revized and optimized. Confirmed. Not sure of slowing them down for their bigger number. But they'll get more "realistic".
  6. See 5)
  7. It's a matter of time for dev to fix it. But I'm afraid it won't be dealt with until major serve\login\hacking isssues are addressed. It's coming in I guess in half a year from now at best.
  8. This is the server difficulty tweaks, but they are not aalowed by DayZ. It only showes the highest arc point of your throw trajectory, not the place where it will precisely land. You can't guess it in real life as well, do you?
  9. Minor issue. May be in long term development such subtleties will be added.
  10. This idea is spaammed countlessly around the forums. Dev are aware and taking measures. But not unitl ... see 7) for ETA.
  11. I don't think Rocket will add thermal imaging in the game. It's too combat\military. But who knows.
  12. Very interesitng idea. I'd vote for that. Good point.
  13. The social and grouping features are promised to come with standalone DayZ game at the end of the year.
  14. They are very numerous if you look more attentively. But most of them are ruined beyond repair. In a postapocalyptic scenario without proper engineering\factory infrastructure you cant seriously think that vahicles will survive at all. As far as crisi continues, vehicles will extinct.
  15. Hmm.. duplicate. See 3)
  16. YEAH! I can build a deadly trap with a few branches and a rope. It will be triggered when someone walks on the rope and be peirced with sharpened branches. There are plenty of recipies of them on the internet, where you can build one using only your rope and a knife.

Edited by -=PA=-Mikhail

1. body armor- head armor - chest armor - shoulders and leg armor. The longer you play the more protection you get against player killers but at the expense of movement speed. If you get so lucky to find them. Each piece of armor you find has a -% reduction and can can add up with a full set.-------- I like half of this idea i am all for armor but i dont think movement speed should be affected, i just think it should be very very rare like a .009 chance of spawning and it would not have a crazy amount of protection out of it.

2. More skins - a little more diversity so we don't accidentally shoot one of our own when someone tries to blend into a group because everyone looks the same.----- all for it a good idea and something tells me you shot your teammate lol.

3. Shovels can be used for digging a hole to bury your items for long term storage. If your good at using a map it should be easy to refind.------------- that is a good idea but i think that when you use the shovel it has to stay in the ground marking where you buried the items so that something you buried is not completely unfindable by anyone else and so you can only use it once.

4. limbs can be taken off zombies kinda like in dead space. and can only be 1 shot with a head shot. This would only work if teleporting was fixed.----------- ummmm i guess i would rather stay where it is because i dont awalys aim for the head soo ya i do think it would be kind of cool tho. I would like the idea if you can still kill with body shots.

5. Slow the rate that zombies can move but increase their numbers.----------- ummmm no because i LOVE when zombies case me all the way across the map.

6. Fix the Z's animations so when your close range fighting with they dont jump around you like a vampire or neo would and dodge your bullets.----------- i completely agree with you on that one

7. When stuck in an animation like bandaging or throwing, it would be great to stop the animation so you can react to incoming gunfire or two zombies that appeared out of nowhere.-------------completely agree on this one as well

8. If your throwing a gernaid, flare or tin can have a reticle on the screen so you can see generally where your going to throw it.--------- i think the same

9. I agree that the sight aggro radius is a little unrealistic for a zombie. Instead of such a long sight aggro radius maybe you can add a different mechanic like smell. if rain washes off your stench then your more susceptible to aggro.------- I agree that there should be a smell sense but i think the less you smell the better.

10.Restrict how quick a player can switch from server to server say you have to be in one server for at least 30 minutes before you can enter another one without a wait timer. the more you switch servers the longer the wait timer adds 5 mins for switching too quick 10 for another quick switch etc etc. you are still able to instantly connect to your original server.----------- I guess this is a good idea in idea form but what if someone is haveing a problem where they can not play on a server so they leave then they have to wait 5 mins. Also I dont think arma 2 can do that, maybe the 6-launcher can.

11.Thermal optics should never be allowed on a gun. From what i understand they were taken out but it might make sence for something like thermal sight that would take up several slots of your inventory much like what swat teams would use. Thermal optics and a large case takes up space. They are heavy and cumbersome but can be used really well to plan out an indoor attack. from personal experiance you have to keep them still and looking at one location for a few seconds before you get a picture of whats there.--------- Completely disagree, tho i do get that they are heavy

12.The ability to actually completly board up a building with wood and bars from scrap metal. Large groups of players can completly take over a part or an entire city. of course they could be retaken by using an axe to chop the wood off or just by shooting it.---------- ummmm i think rocket tried something like this and it was to glichly so he was not going to put it in the game.

13.Add a grouping option so you can choose to spawn near your team mate with a penalty to something like 50% blood for 5-10-15 mins, this effect might be similar to a deserter debuff on a mmorpg for leaving a pvp area.----- i dont get what you saying here.

14. Why are broken down vehicles so rare? if you were in a city there should be tons of vehicles to repair. I would think it would be better to make them spawn more just completely broken down.

15. Rare spawn shovels can be used for digging holes so you can either use it for cover while defending a position or to bury your items.

16. TRAPS and LOTS of VARIETY!!!-------------------- alll for it