Jenga22

MOLOTOVS!

I dont know if this has already been suggested, but i think it would be a great idea to get the empty wiskey bottle and have it so you could have it with wiskey in it, then you could have some cloth and put them together to make a molotov, another option for the wiskey bottle could be you could get drunk, i know its a silly suggestion but would be quite funny, like add a bit of a social element to it when your sat round a campfire with your group drinking

The drunk bit was a silly idea but i think the molotov could be a potential idea.

Many thanks

Jenga22

• Like 3

People in my group are already too stoned to properly surive in this mod. Please don't give them ingame alcohol.

this post is mostly about Molotovs please forget the alcohol and more on the actual topic LOL :)

People in my group are already too stoned to properly surive in this mod. Please don't give them ingame alcohol.

you've stumbled on an even better ideaa! whiskey in bottles drop more readily than cans and then when you have no choice you have to drink that and run around with blurry vision :D

More on the Molotovs People, Not Alcohol lol, I shouldnt have said anything ;)

most-suggested suggestion ever? Use search. Rocket has even commented on this, stating something like: "cool and obvious idea, but we can't get the proper effect coded into the engine. Too low a priority atm."

they already have empty whiskey bottles and jerry cans for gas, it would be a great item if there was crafting or just add it as a item in general.

have it as something that could be made? tear a strip of ya clothing off stuff it into a whiskey bottle,use a match to lgiht it

jerry cans could be made into IED's then as well, same idea, cept light it and run

This is a nice idea, though I suspect it would involve a massive amount of programming because a molotov would set Zeds on fire which isn't a mechanic currently in ARMA 2. I do like the idea of combining jerry cans, bottles, matches with some kind of paper/cloth to make a weapon.

there is talk of dayz becoming a standalone game, so maybe if that happens it will come into it

Use search next time.

I fully agree here, typing molotov gave me a whole list of the same suggestions, i reported this thread for merger with the last one on that list...

@RaZzi, if it isn't to much trouble, find a thread with the same topic, copy the link, then hit [report] on the OP and do a simple:

double to: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/36720-molotovs/page__hl__molotov

and send it in, that way the Mods can easily merge the two threads ;) ... obviously i already reported this one for merger!

It's funny watching people post without thinking.

Search, or course, primarily.

Secondarily, fire is usually hellaciously difficult to code without destroying frame rate.

Coding isnt just a matter of duct taping existing objects together.

Hmm, we have bottles and fuel and matches... Tell the computers to put them together!!

I agree, molotovs would be used pretty early in the process (though, to me, infected would still jump you and kill you, just with the added "oh fuck, I wish I hadn't set that almost mindless thing ON FIRE, FIRST"). I hope they are incorporated some day.

I hear in The War Z, your character will be able to fire a Molotov bazooka at the screenshot zombies!

i did search before, the point i was making that it to be a crafting item and also not to be a killing weapon against zombies but a tool. like light them fire and use it as a tool to see at night like a human lantern or something u guys on this forum all u do is complain about someone reposting something similar.