Sign in to follow this  
djseanit

LATEST BETA PATCH v95054 + BattleEye Update

Hi Guys,

Quick heads up, we (server hosts) have been advised to update to the latest BETA patch.

You also need to MANUALLY download the client.dll file from battleye and that goes into your expansion/Battleye folder.

BETA Patch Download: ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_95054.zip

Battle Download: http://www.battleye....61/BEClient.dll

Cheers

DJ

Edited by DJSean00
  • Like 3

...just for the info, with last patch (95054) and on servers that have applied last patch i had NO problems connecting and playing..tha question is why six upader and launcher didn’t install the latest patch automatically, and I was counting on that......

GL&HF

Dunno seemed to be a permissions issue on my side. When I deleted @DayZ folder manually and relaunched sixupdater then reinstalled DayZ it worked fine. Windows 7 64 here.

Downloading the .dll file for BattlEye fixed the ''BattlEye initialisation failed'' error message for me, but still stuck on ''Wait for host'' when trying to join a server

whenever you guys release a new patch a whole bunch of shit gets fucked up on my computer, can you please release ONE patch without ruining my game and me having to fix it for 3 hours before i can play, extremely inconvenient.

This is my problem... cJpcz.jpg

I downloaded the latest beta patch and latest BattlEye .dll files. I am trying to join servers with the latest beta patch too.

Edited by Smittyjaja

The BattlEye update is automatically handled in the latest SIX Launcher build, released a short while ago.

This is my problem... cJpcz.jpg

I downloaded the latest beta patch and latest BattlEye .dll files. I am trying to join servers with the latest beta patch too.

You didnt actually enable the DayZ mod.

I did, it says it is Enabled in Extensions =/

JhNvY.jpg

Edited by Smittyjaja

I did, it says it is Enabled in Extensions =/

Then I suspect something's wrong with the launch - are you using a shortcut? perhaps the "start in" working folder is set to the beta instead of the game folder.

Any luck when using SIX Launcher?

Replace the arma2oa.exe with the downloaded and installed arma2oa.exe that is in the beta folder!

Once you extract the beta patch, you will need to copy arma2oa.exe (can be found in the beta folder) to the main folder (\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead), paste it and overwrite (or you can change the name of the current arma2oa.exe to arma2oa.bck.exe to back it up first, and then paste the new arma2oa.exe)

Now if you use a shortcut to launch Arma2/DayZ, make sure you set it to the correct .exe

Edited by tickle_me_jesus

Then I suspect something's wrong with the launch - are you using a shortcut? perhaps the "start in" working folder is set to the beta instead of the game folder.

Any luck when using SIX Launcher?

This is my launch command on Steam '-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@Dayz'

I also use Six Launcher, what is the 'start in' folder?

These are my six launcher settings... Ylgh2.png

Also @ tickle_me_jesus I have done that

Also @ tickle_me_jesus I have done that

Ok, so if you have done that you should be able to launch DayZ without any problem if you just double click the .exe. Maybe you can try that; if it works and you are able to connect to a server, then it should be obvious there is something wrong with the shortcut in Steam or Sixlauncher, no?

Next step would be to check what is wrong.

I don't use sixlauncher cause it makes a mess of the otherwise perfectly clear folder structure.

Please make the Mod Path blank, it's to be used if you want to install mods outside of the game directly, and thus definitely shouldn't be pointed to a modfolder like @DayZ.

Also the OA and standard game paths can be left blank as we auto-detect them, but that shouldn't matter as long as you configured them properly.

Start-In folder is irrelevant when using SIX Launcher to start the game, its taken care of already.

Edited by Sickboy

I don't use sixlauncher cause it makes a mess of the otherwise perfectly clear folder structure.
Hows that?

The file/directory structure should be exactly the same as if you manually installed it.

The only difference is a .rsync subfolder inside each modfolder, containing repo information and packed files for repair and patching.

Edited by Sickboy

Hows that?

Well maybe it was specific and just for me, but SixLauncher effectivly doubled the amount of folders. Adding a dayz/addons/rsync (including all the files) structure.

Was perfectly fine with the setup i allready had, and just made manually in arma2oa folder (make addon folder, make dayz folder, drop dayz files) and works with Steam

I have never in my life had any trouble double clicking an .exe file so didn't see any necessity to use an 3rd party launcher do that for me. Manually updating BETA patches is also easy and prevents programs updating stuff while you don't want it to update or it isn't even supposed to update (release non-stable/approved beta patch anyone?)

But don't take it personal, it's just not my prefered way of launching

whenever you guys release a new patch a whole bunch of shit gets fucked up on my computer, can you please release ONE patch without ruining my game and me having to fix it for 3 hours before i can play, extremely inconvenient.

+1

Hey. My client is 95054. Ive donwloaded the correct version of BEClient and placed it to Expansion/Battleeye but i still cannot connect to the servers cuz it says "Battle Eye: Bad player name"

Any way to solve this problem? thnx

Well maybe it was specific and just for me, but SixLauncher effectivly doubled the amount of folders. Adding a dayz/addons/rsync (including all the files) structure.
Yep as explained there's an .rsync subfolder inside the modfolder, not the addons folder, which contains packed files for repair and to be able to incrementally patch the files when an update occurs. You can simply ignore this folder, it is only for the software.

You can also disable the updating of Beta Patches if you want to control it manually.

The benefit of SU/SL in regards to distribution is incremental patching (saving tonnes of bandwidth for you, and for the mirrors) and saving manual hassle.

Of course your preference is up to you :) But feedback and bug reports are valuable.

Edited by Sickboy

It seems to work now, I deleted the game paths and mod paths from Six Launcher! Thanks Sickboy and Jesus!

Edited by Smittyjaja

It seems to work now, I deleted the game paths and mod paths from Six Launcher! Thanks Sickboy and Jesus!

Glad to hear! Will be adjusting the Options screen for SLv2 to be more clear - showing auto detected paths, and explain what the ModPath means. Edited by Sickboy

nice beta patch, but, after install, when i tried play, i have this " OA stop running"

all the time we have problem.

24hs day:

4hs - install game or fix game

6hs - wait for host

3 hs - loading

8 hs - sleep

1h - eat (lanch, dinner, breakfast)

3hs - try work for make money and buy a new pc for new patch or new mod.

HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEE!

i want otmize my time and work more, so please, when put a new version, new patch, make it easy for us.

tanks a lot!

Edited by Varella