gerow1337@hotmail.com

Admin kicking/ banning everyone but 5 people us 175

This is an -alpha- EVERYONE, is an alpha tester at this point. We are all subject to faulty patches, that's the whole point of testing.

Under no circumstances are you allowed to lock or kick people for "testing" purposes.

I don't know the OP's history with your server but the fact of locking a server and kicking people is not even a debatable violation of server admin rules.

This guys knows it! lol but seriously, 5 hours is a ridiculous amount of time to test a patch. as stated above, it is Alpha and testing is part of it. Not to mention every char is different so different results can happen to a certain character, such as the Debug plains, not EVERYONE got sent their at one point, But a good amount did ( me included). Overall, Respectable Server Admin or a Dirty One, It is still in Alpha and I for one play it to Help Iron it out and make it become a better mod (Soon to be Standalone) With some fun Include of Course! :D

No Beans for Dirty Admins tho :emptycan: . Sorry :P

Edited by joeman4
  • Like 1

So how exactly does it affect you in any way if you can't get on the server? There are hundreds to choose from, go elsewhere.

Edited by adharma
  • Like 2

5 hours of testing with more than one person (the admin) is obviously abusing power.

Blacklist his server, and ban him as well.

• Like 1

So how exactly does it affect you in any way if you can't get on the server? There are hundreds to choose from, go elsewhere.

people put blood sweat and tears into some servers collecting resources setting up a base with vehicles it can be emotionally devastating when people lose it all when US 799 closed I hit rock bottom it was a dark 4 hours of my life.

• Like 1

Sorry, we always make sure the new updates work before we let people in. Think of it as a courtesy. That way we can roll it back if we have too.

yes so you can get all the gear and dupe without worry.

ya we are not that stupid.

lock the server if you want to "test"

as a past Cod, CS, DoD, and Tf2 server owner i call BS.

• Like 1

I hate cheating admins. Just shows they have no skill and can only succeed by playing unfairly.

• Like 2

When do you guys give up? What the fuck is it with complaining? I don't want to hear it anymore!!!! You sound like a bunch of little girls that lost their virginity and want it back. You guys are playing for Free on a server that I pay for and you insist on complaining. Let me reiterate that; You are playing a free mod on a server that I AM PAYING FOR, you are playing for free. Enjoy the damn game and stop acting like a bunch of bitches.

Edited by grandslamsam2003
  • Like 1

When do you guys give up? What the fuck is it with complaining? I don't want to hear it anymore!!!! You sound like a bunch of little girls that lost their virginity and want it back. You guys are playing for Free on a server that I pay for and you insist on complaining. Let me reiterate that; You are playing a free mod on a server that I AM PAYING FOR, you are playing for free. Enjoy the damn game and stop acting like a bunch of bitches.

I AM NOT ABUSING MY ADMIN RIGHTS... In fact I am doing more than most admins. Like it or not.

Edited by grandslamsam2003
  • Like 1

like i said before its all the little kids that are bitching

you know something im getting fed up at post like this you are so rude yes thats right server admins are paying to host this game for you to play for free and yes im well awhere of the rules but this admin like all the others are footing the bill so you can play for free and the second it gos down your in here bicthing about violation of server admin rules that should not be

Indeed, they pay for it, by hiring that server they agree to the rules server owners have to follow. The admin doesnt seem to have any problems with paying to make other people play for free.

You obviously miss the point, go elsewhere.

You abuse your server by farming gear etc, this gives you a noticable advantage over legit players, aka as cheating. You decide to pay for the server, you bear the responsibility for your server, and you bear the consequences when you do something wrong with your server.

I AM NOT ABUSING MY ADMIN RIGHTS... In fact I am doing more than most admins. Like it or not.

Yes you are, did you really go this low? Just lying?

You are some pathetic kid. Cant beat the game legit, to dumb to make or find a hack, so you buy a server to still avoid the game. Just pathetic.

And how long does it take this damned DayZ staff to disconnect a server from the hive?

Edited by Robolord

Good points robolord. To set the record straight, I bought the server to avoid bandits. The game is wonderful in so many ways but people have ruined it by going stickily PvP which is ridiculous. I will say this again... PLEASE GO TO ANOTHER SERVER and don't even look at mine.

I don't want to hear it anymore!!!! You sound like a bunch of little girls that lost their virginity and want it back.

Oh the irony.

I'm not anyone's friend and yes I was kicked from the same server. BUMP to that. That is US 175!!!

But then again there are many of the low population servers that I've been just kicked from. I'll keep a list now. Just to track this reoccurring phenomena......

Edited by kakaram

I am going to kick everyone from my server from now on just because of you guys... I won't lock it, I will just kick players off

This makes me facepalm very hard.

I think the server rules we have to obey as an admin is silly. Yes. However you AGREED to follow these rules when you PAID for the server from your host.

Your server host AGREED to the rules set forth by the Developers to be permitted to USE the Hive.

This is the breaks of it. Live with it. If you are locking your server with more than one person, kicking people for anything short of blatant racism and malicious talk then you are abusing your admin privileges and the server should indeed be blacklisted.

I've banned only one person from my server, he teleported in front of me and in between a friend and 'vanished' then later on he appeared before us again in a field and then suddenly eight parachutes and smokes dropped out of nowhere directly above us.

• Like 1

Now that was nothing much because this link: http://dayzmod.com/f...r-read-in-here/ you gave was for server hosting... but anyways I totally agree (*sarcasm*) when he stats, "Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc." So, this means I can hack now and script anything I want in the game right? He said that a server owner can only ban for malicious talk and racism, and not for hacking/scripting/cheating. I do agree with malicious talk and racism as a ban-able offence but it is missing hacking/scripting/cheating. This still happens in any game regardless of the anti-cheat engine the game uses.

Okay, so what is the big deal anyways this is suppose to be a mod off of the original ArmA 2 game. If Rocket wants to push the mod into one direction and destroy it by all means let him. This would be totally understandable if this was a new game being developed but it is just a mod that anyone can easily change if you know how to write code. I totally wish Electronic Arts (EA) and/or Digital Illusions CE (DICE) would apply the same rules to all of the servers such as there must be all maps, vehicles, and weapons in the game at all times. No exceptions, otherwise your server will get blacklisted.

Last note, I would have never had been able to survive without friends/clanmates because you got teamwork, numbers, and help otherwise you are screwed surviving alone because someone will pluck you off like a fly. So Rocket really needs to fix that issue because this mod is just a PvP (barley any PvZ going on because of the bandits) and you may as well just play the base game without any mods enabled.

One last thing: Rocket really need to add some sort of melee so you can defend yourself from the zombies because spawning in with only a flashlight, band-aid, and backpack is quite lame when the zombies can still hit you while you run, and even then sometimes they break your legs. So you are better off killing them instead of running.

We should at least be able to throw the flash light and break their legs, when they can bitch slap us and break ours. Just saying lol...

I am going to kick everyone from my server from now on just because of you guys... I won't lock it, I will just kick players off

That's a quick way to get blacklisted.

Sorry, we always make sure the new updates work before we let people in. Think of it as a courtesy. That way we can roll it back if we have too.

An easier way to test them is to let people join. You don't need to 'test' the updates. If you find a problem, submit a support ticket.

• Like 1

Me and my group was serviving in UK 252 and when we was going through Northwest Airfield We got kicked every one of us but about 4 people i wont to now why it has pissed me off real bad