Sign in to follow this  
Kiro (DayZ)

Do you think there should be more vehicles?

Hi

I found my first vehicles 2 days ago, and it was a lot of fun. It was a big truck that gave a completely new dimension to the game, it was like a "main base" for our team, I was starting to get bored of walking everywhere and having so few space in my inventory, but it was so fun defending this truck against other players, having to repair the damages... I think it's a good way of implementing base building in the game. A vehicle is just like a big house on wheels, and you have to take care of it all the time by repairing damages, finding fuel...

The problem is, I played almost 100 hours and only found 1 car and 1 truck. The truck was incredible luck : it was standing in the middle of the road, with a lot of weapons and gear inside, so maybe the driver crashed :/ And the car had already 2 passengers, and we had to kill them to get it :D

So cars are super rare. IMO there should be more of them, because that's simply so much fun... I want to see car jackings and clans fighting each other to grab their vehicles full of stuff!

So what's your opinion, and what do you think could be the cons of adding more vehicles spawn points?

• Like 3

No thanks. Even though I desperately want one, I don't want spawning increased for the same reasons I wouldn't want everyone running around with military gear.

Edited by Zexis

I think there should be WAY more rusted car husks on the road... where the fuck did they all go? I mean obviously not everybody was able to get out of chernarus so why are there only like 30 car husks in all of the country??

Think there should just be some way to prevent car hoarding, cars should still be something special and not common, but right now they become a myth.

In the last month closest i've come to vehicles was the sound of a car in the distance and the ring of a bicycle whilst i was inside a house.

their should be more, but not too many more. it would be hard to get a good balance. maybe make them harder to fix or something.

this whole parts hunting is silly. I think you should need to find a set of tools that take up a LOT of inventory space and that's it. Spending 8 hours digging up parts is honestly ridiculous. Make the tools hard to come by and it would still make running cars valuable since not everyone has a set of tools, nor do they have the inventory to carry them regularly.

No more. It is good they are rare or it would just turn into gta- zombie edition.

No. Vehicles are nice as they are. Like the Macarov back a few patches ago became garbage because everyone had one. Now that you start without they are nice to find. Vehicles would become the same because everyone and their grandma would have one. I do howerver think there should be more bicycles or possibly a scooter.

I think its good. The problem is that at a certain point of a server, one or more clans will have stockpiled all vehicles for themselves. I'm in a clan myself, and were doing this (right now its going crap though, we just have a bunch of boats :D) but I can understand the frustration. At the same time, when you DO find a vehicle with your buddies, the feeling of blazing by on the road, oh man. And part of that feeling comes from knowing just how rare that thing you're sitting in is.

No. Vehicles are nice as they are. Like the Macarov back a few patches ago became garbage because everyone had one. Now that you start without they are nice to find. Vehicles would become the same because everyone and their grandma would have one. I do howerver think there should be more bicycles or possibly a scooter.

This though, please a few more bicycles. Possibly make bicycles have unique properties, that they can't be saved, so that they will only be used as temporary transportation, and more people would get a chance to use them.

Meh, I like the idea of having more cars/trucks/atvs/bikes. The best feeling I had playing the game was finding a working tractor with a brand new character taking it to Cherno to get owned. They do make sense as a mobile base, but that is why you don't see them much because they act as a moving tent. I would rather see more vehicles and less military grade weapons, but this isn't my mod. I would love to see dirt bikes more common and without storage, so there is no real incentive to keep them as a mobile tent.

Probably just luck as in the last week of playing i encountered no vehicles what so ever, but in the last 2 days alone i managed to come across

A tractor, 2 broken cars (1 i fixed and then lost), a bus, and 2 bikes being used by other players.

If anything i demand skateboards....

Meh, I like the idea of having more cars/trucks/atvs/bikes. The best feeling I had playing the game was finding a working tractor with a brand new character taking it to Cherno to get owned.

But you feel good cause it's rare. I personally find the walking stuff annoying too. But if you find a vehicle, oh joy. The scarcity really creates the experience.

I have no idea if the spawn rates should be increased because on most servers they are being hoarded by clans or small groups so I never get to see/feel out what the spawn rates are actually like! I've seen 1 bus and that was being used by a clan.

If anything, I would like to see hoarding addressed and then maybe we can talk about spawn rates. Maybe at least increase ATV/bike amounts of servers to more players a chance to check out what vehicles are like :/

I would like to see some more. It seems like those that have the vehicles hoard them in a special location. Maybe not trucks but at least ATV's or motobikes

Do I want there to be more vehicles? Yes.

Do I think there should be more vehicles? No.

It is their scarcity that makes them so special. If everyone had one, the feeling of pure adrenaline would not be there when you finally heard that engine sound for the first time, or slipped out on to the road and hit 100 kph for the first time.

Some things should be rare.

It makes them special.

And memorable.

And DayZ is all about making memories.

I will remember my first vehicle forever. Literally. No joke. That first time I glanced over into the trees and saw the glint of the sun off of that Land Rover parked in the pines. My precise Winchester slug that pierced the eardrum of the driver and left him bleeding out while I jumped in and tooted the horn.

And that sound. The rum-rum-rum-rum budda-budda-budda and driving out into the sunset and on to the road and nothing I could do could wipe that smile off my face.

Let them stay rare.

When you finally find one you will thank me.

I would like to see some more. It seems like those that have the vehicles hoard them in a special location. Maybe not trucks but at least ATV's or motobikes

There are no "special" locations. There are just locations.

If vehicles are there, you can find them. The map isn't as large as it seems. Grab a couple friends and head to the northern forests. Run around and keep your eyes open. You will be in a vehicle before the sun comes up I promise you.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby