Zzzonked (DayZ)

PvP Idea?? Maybe

Basic idea: Ok so I thought about maybe a extra mode where PvP is more involved and there is some sort of team work. So my idea would be a 'X' amount of people VS an equal amount of people. For example maybe 50 Vs 50, one team. Blue Team for example would spawn at the south of the map spread across the shore and the other team (Red team) would spawn at the top of the map, spread out along the top.

How the game would unfold: So as the teams spawn they would do the basic survival game play, kill zombies, collect ideas, ect. Then the game would just continue, players getting extremely rare items and players getting the simple AK-47 ect. So along searching places they would encounter other players of the opposing team, bringing the PvP into it, getting better loot maybe from the other player so you get rewarded and have a advantage over the opposing team. Over time players will die. So maybe there would be a score or even better towns or places you could take control of, getting score for your team = winning the game. Like a capture the hill, but with about 3 captures through out the game.

This may sound like what Day Z is like right now but without the score and some objective it would give players a chance to play with team members that they have never met or maybe a group of friends, this would maybe create huge gun fights making it alot more intense. As someone like myself who plays solo (Most of my friends who play this game are shit) I would like to team up with some decent people, control areas, get decent loot and kill some nubs.

Rules: So I think this should be a game type that players should have the OPTION to do and because of that It should be different characters instead of normal characters you use now. Also probably a good idea to have friendly fire OFF, there's alot of people who would abuse this and this brings me to the first rule, to have Alt characters to play on so their gear doesn't get stolen. The game should have a point to it and that should be maybe a levelling system, not sure if people would like that, but its just an idea.

Problems: I know there's been alot of hackers lately and there isn't really anyway to combat that apart from banning them, so this would would attract alot of them. That really is one of the only problems I can think of off the top of my head, but there's probably ALOT more.

Why I think it would be great: I think it would be good to have something like this, because it brings a different atmosphere to the game, working as a team maybe 10 people working all together for example, it would bring the community together and make something different to do in the game, I know its pretty much the same, but its teams VS another. It would bring many different play styles working together as well, it would be interesting. Well I think its an Pretty good idea, don't know about anyone else.

I'm not being a smartass here but what you describe is called armaII is it not? or BF3 etc.

I'm not being a smartass here but what you describe is called armaII is it not? or BF3 etc.

Maybe, but I don't really play BF3 or really any FPS game. I think this game to be very realistic, BF3 is maybe a bit realistic but not as much as Day z and to get a kill in day z feels alot better and would be a bit rarer to get a kill than in BF3. Its just an idea, thanks for the response.

Its an anti-game. Theyre not even considering the idea of game modes

Arma 2, you own the game, go play it

This. It's like suggesting that Nazi Zombies be given a TDM mode... With no zombies.

Arma 2, you own the game, go play it

Seconded, you should really try the original game. There are hundred of different missions and PvP gamemodes that would do just that.

We've played two teams fighting towards a goal, that's boring now, is what the poster is trying to say,

We want things in the middle killing both teams without regard, yes hackers are one and bandit another, but Zombies are better.

I like the OP's post, and have played Arma 2, where's the zombies in the middle causing havoc for everyone, on yeah theyre here, hence why he mentioned it here in this forum.

Worst Idea Ever! DayZ is DayZ it's not changing like that.