Sign in to follow this  
Mr Zee

Don't logout in vehicles

I spent four hours last night running around fixing up a red car in Starry, all I needed was one last part (rear wheel).

Before I logged I was still sitting in the vehicle, I logged back in this morning to be kinda glitched into the car, seconds later I just suddenly died, no bleed-out or anything, I assume it thought I was crushed by the car lol.

So guys, DONT LOG OUT IN VEHICLES - i've certainly learnt my lesson, lost all my military gear, GPS, compass,map etc....god...

• Like 1

Seems like a bad idea anyways, chances are that someone else fixed it up aswell.

yeahhh.... U know that vehicles don't disappear when you log out right? Someone else can just come along with the last wheel and drive it off while you are logged out. Thanks for the PSA though..

been there, done that.

admin of server accidentally entered vote menu while not logged in as admin inside bus, script auto-kicked him

rejoined and was instantly killed

yeahhh.... U know that vehicles don't disappear when you log out right? Someone else can just come along with the last wheel and drive it off while you are logged out. Thanks for the PSA though..

No worries, bro, here is the server ip 66.150.164.82 GO HARD! (port 2302)

I'm not going back to that server, ping is like 300 for me horrible. And it survived the same spot for like 8hours when i went to bed, should still be tehre.

Edit: Yeah I know other players can steal the car before I fix it and drive it away, probably why I've NEVER sucessfully taken a car anywhere

Edited by Mr Zee

I actually aborted in a fishing boat (My first vehicle ;_; And i was stuck in it for about 1 hour and i finally managed to get out but i left the engine on (which i couldn't turn of) so it had no fuel.

Edited by TruckingBucket

Yeah, I got disconnected while on a motorcycle and when I logged in I was glitched up to my head in a field outside of Starry.

Edited by bfisher

What if the vehicle is moving?

It will not kill you, but u wont spawn in the vehicle either, you will simply spawn in on the ground where u last logged out

It will not kill you, but u wont spawn in the vehicle either, you will simply spawn in on the ground where u last logged out

Thanks.

I don't bother with vehicles in the game it's like ringing the dinner bell for a bandit with a rifle. Though I will admit they can be handy when someone else is driving one and the bandit reveals his position to me so I can relieve him of his gear by burying his body as I have no use for sniper weapons

I got kicked from a server once for 'hacker damage' or some such as I drove my V3S into a fence in Dubrovka. I rejoined and I seemed to spawn in right in the center of the V3S and I couldn't get out, seconds later my legs broke and then I died. I sprinted north and 30 minutes later I found my V3S still there, half on the road, engine running not a single thing missing. Thank god too because that thing is loaded with gear.

In the event you dc, or somehow get logged out by some other means, as long as the vehicle is not moving, you can log into a different server(if playing on publics), move a few feet, then relog into the server. If its private, you can attempt to log back in, remain still and scroll wheel to attempt to find the "enter back seat", or "driver seat". I have found that unless the vehicle is moving when you log back in, you can remain still, do not rotate or move, then you have a decent chance of scrolling into a seat.

Unlucky, but hey that's part of the Dayz experience, however I don't know if that's a good thing :P

I've logged out in vehicles before.. Now I feel like a true survivor because I didn't respawn to die.. :huh:

Never be inside of a vehicle (driving or not) when you are going to log out or if there is a server restart. It can cause broken legs, death, and even losing the car from it blowing up. If it does happen, don't move your player at all, and scroll to get in the car. More safe than anything.

There's worse than logging in from a server restart to be inside your car. I've logged back in from restarts to find my car with a tree growing through its roof.

• Like 1

Never be inside of a vehicle (driving or not) when you are going to log out or if there is a server restart. It can cause broken legs, death, and even losing the car from it blowing up. If it does happen, don't move your player at all, and scroll to get in the car. More safe than anything.

Do you people ever read anything but the OP? Try reading the entire thread once in a while. :D

Has this problem been fixed?

My game crashed while I was driving a SUV a few days ago. I logged back in expecting the worst but I was still in the drivers seat with the engine still running, nothing lost , no problems experienced.

I don't bother with vehicles in the game it's like ringing the dinner bell for a bandit with a rifle. Though I will admit they can be handy when someone else is driving one and the bandit reveals his position to me so I can relieve him of his gear by burying his body as I have no use for sniper weapons

I hate this common labeling of bandits. Not all bandits sit on a hill and snipe, far from it. I PERSONALLY do not carry a sniper rifle. Move through cities, hold people up and take their stuff, sometimes taking hostages and having fun. Now don't get me wrong either, having a sniper covering you on a hill is a lot better then 5 guys running through a city to get flanked by one random guy with a MK 48.

Sit on hill KOS kiddies are not bandits, Players who play the true bandit play style raping and pillaging groups of survivors. And taking over a city as our own. Treating zombies like play things, unlike being terrified of them like "Hero's"......THATS a bandit

Do you people ever read anything but the OP? Try reading the entire thread once in a while. :D

Obviously I did. He said that he logged while inside a vehicle, I replied with why he shouldn't due to the glitches. Maybe you should read it lol.