Sign in to follow this  
Anthonyzz

How would someone figure out which server a person is on by looking at their name?

I've been wondering why people on YouTube and on streams cover their in game names. Say my name is Bob and I was playing on US 1, is there a way to find out which server I am on by searching my name?

Most servers show you who is on that server in the server selection screen, near the bottom. Those that don't, you can just go into the lobby and see who is on.

The names of players come up in server browsers, of course this is a bit of a pain to do, but stream trolls haven't got anything better to do.

That and if the player accidentally reveals the name of the server they're on, either through mouth or pressing I.

Bless the stream snipers.

If you are confident enough to broadcast your position to the public, then you should be confident enough to face whatever comes your way.

On the arma servers list (not in sixlauncher) I believe you can see who's on the server without having to get into the lobby, with sixlauncher I think you can't.

I was watching Sacriel42 streaming and someone got their positions and took a few of them out and I was pretty confused to how someone could find out. So, the only way to find their name is by going down the list of all DayZ servers until they find their IGN? Or is there some kind of filter where they put the name in?

Edit: Ahh that makes more sense Tuggo, thanks for clearing that up!

Edited by Anthonyzz

I was watching Sacriel42 streaming and someone got their positions and took a few of them out and I was pretty confused to how someone could find out.

I'm wagering it's because they were STREAMING.