Sign in to follow this  
The_Cake_Is_a_Spy109

Give Us a real bow

Looking at a listing of modern carbon arrows it seems like the average weight is around 380 grains, which is just over 24.6 grams with some rounding. So maybe a pound and a half for each carbon arrow. Not sure how realistic that would be lol

Derp, physics unit conversion fail. Glad that seemed so dumb I double checked it. They're actually closer to .06 pounds each. Maybe. Multiplied by 200 and you have around 12 pounds. Still seems off but whatever. They could be 5x as heavy and that is at least feasible.

While modern carbon arrows are very light, they still take up a lot of space. Most are around two feet long (roughly), and thanks to the fletching (feathers for those who don't know) they still take up a fair amount of space. I'd think being able to carry arrows in 6 round bundles would work well. They would not be compatible with crossbow bolts, since bolts are a lot shorter and usually thicker.

Most competition bows use either high accuracy iron sights, and compound bows are usually equipped with low magnification sights (1.5x or so), giving them a decent range. I've shot competition archery before, and 70 to 120 metres is a reasonable range for accurate fire.

wow so you go to my other post just to insalt me because i made a human mistake

No offense, but try reading what you're typing aloud. Listen to it. Put a little thought into it, rather than rushing to post something.

Right now your combination posting before thinking and bad spelling give very little credit to you.

Edited by Duckman404

Make the Quiver take the place of a backpack.

Arrows and bolts can only be carried in a quiver. (5 min - 20 max) (common - rare types)

Arrows and bolts are retievable.

Each use has a chance to break the arrow or bolt.

Make the Quiver take the place of a backpack.

Arrows and bolts can only be carried in a quiver. (5 min - 20 max) (common - rare types)

Arrows and bolts are retievable.

Each use has a chance to break the arrow or bolt.

Most quivers used by archers nowadays are mounted on the hip, actually.

Therefore, a quiver should take up the pistol slot instead. Most quivers can be filled with as many as 18 arrows without bending the fletching.

While modern carbon arrows are very light, they still take up a lot of space. Most are around two feet long (roughly), and thanks to the fletching (feathers for those who don't know) they still take up a fair amount of space. I'd think being able to carry arrows in 6 round bundles would work well. They would not be compatible with crossbow bolts, since bolts are a lot shorter and usually thicker.

Most competition bows use either high accuracy iron sights, and compound bows are usually equipped with low magnification sights (1.5x or so), giving them a decent range. I've shot competition archery before, and 70 to 120 metres is a reasonable range for accurate fire.

No offense, but try reading what you're typing aloud. Listen to it. Put a little thought into it, rather than rushing to post something.

Right now your combination posting before thinking and bad spelling give very little credit to you.

No see this bitch has been casing me on the forums and agruing with me all days soo ya and i am dyslexic i cant help i spell

I'm an archer and a certified achery trainer. I frequently take part in WA tournaments. I'd love to see bows in the game but the range you speak of, 200m is not realistic.

100m max effective range (and thats being generous)

50 - 70m fairly accurate

25 - 50m accurate

2 - 25m very accurate

Okay i give u some facts, cause its my hobby :-P

At first there are different types of Quiver, one small examples: a back Quiver (thing that one everyone know ;)) than u can have side Quiver who on your legs.

A side Quiver hase normal 3-4 tubes, each tube can handle normaly 3 arrows, if u push then in they can handle up to 5, but at this the arrow get damaged, so u just should put a maximum of 3 arrows per tube.

The biggest back quiver i ever seen can handle about 15 arrows, but this was a hudge quiver, normaly u can handle 9-11 arrows.

For DayZ i think they should be a "special bag" like one of thes: handle 8 arrows

357050111903.png

At all i want to say: a modern composite bow can handle up to 1000m if u shot with a launching angle about 45°, but in this case the arrow take some times in the air (about 2-3mins) and u cant even hit something because the arrow totaly dont go in your target ;-)

a crossbow has much more power than a bow, so the range should be higher, but i never shot a crossbow with aiming (just of fun)

hope we get a good bow, normale range should be about 300-400m.

best regards

At 400m you'd need a line of english longbowmen to hit a target :P But technically I guess that makes sense. It would still probably be impossible to hit anything with the bow given the typical "sights" on bows, so damn near any "max range" works.

Give us Hoyt Compound bows! (I love mine)