lepemese

Stuck Loading screen

Im stuck at loading screen, my friend said server said "BattlEye intialazing failed" on right down corner, wat 2 do ? I've updated everything, ran with admin and stuff :F

Try to downgrade the beta patch. I've had the same problem.

Edited by Clasius

Use the latest beta patch, 95054(released today), as the 2/3 previous ones seem to be buggy as shit. Heres a quick guide if you need it.

This is my current install method and i havent ran into any problems so far. Game working 100%

-Both games fully installed and ran before any mods or betas are applied.

-Dayz Updater ran and fully updated. Sometimes this updater has issues, in which case i use the torrent file instead. This can be found on the dayz website under "download alpha". Note. The files inside the torrent get extracted into: Default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addon or if you havent used the default folder then find your install of steam and go to \Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addon make sure you replace the existing files if necessary.

-Download latest beta patch (currently ARMA2_OA_Build_95054.zip) from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

-Run the .exe and install.

-Heres the important bit most people miss or do not do correctly: Go back to your steam directory, default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common, open the folder "arma 2 operation arrowhead" then rename "arma2OA.exe" to something like "xxxarma2OA.exe"(this is to create a backup should you ever need to remove the patch). From that same directory you need to move on to a folder named\Expansion\ then \beta\. Within here you will find another file named "arma2OA.exe". You need to right-click and copy this, then paste into \steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead(make sure you overwrite the existing .exe if necessary).

-Next just paste the following into "launch options" of Arma II: Operation Arrowhead" in your steam library: -beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca

-Make sure to use 95054 in the filter after youre fully updated as the new beta is not backward compatible.

-Be sure to launch the game as "combined operations". The game should be fully working and playable.

Edited by RTribesman
  • Like 3

Use the latest beta patch, 95054(released today), as the 2/3 previous ones seem to be buggy as shit. Heres a quick guide if you need it.

This is my current install method and i havent ran into any problems so far. Game working 100%

-Dayz Updater ran and fully updated. Sometimes this updater has issues, in which case i use the torrent file instead. This can be found on the dayz website under "download alpha". Note. The files inside the torrent get extracted into: Default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addon or if you havent used the default folder then find your install of steam and go to \Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addon make sure you replace the existing files if necessary.

-Download latest beta patch (currently ARMA2_OA_Build_95054.zip) from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

-Heres the important bit most people miss or do not do correctly: Go back to your steam directory, default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common, open the folder "arma 2 operation arrowhead" then rename "arma2OA.exe" to something like "xxxarma2OA.exe"(this is to create a backup should you ever need to remove the patch). From that same directory you need to move on to a folder named\Expansion\ then \beta\. Within here you will find another file named "arma2OA.exe". You need to right-click and copy this, then paste into \steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead(make sure you overwrite the existing .exe if necessary).

-Next just paste the following into "launch options" of Arma II: Operation Arrowhead" in your steam library: -beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca

-Make sure to use 95054 in the filter after youre fully updated as the new beta is not backward compatible.

-Be sure to launch the game as "combined operations". The game should be fully working and playable.

Thanks, I'll reinstall my Arma 2 and stuff and start everything from beginning.

Thanks, I'll reinstall my Arma 2 and stuff and start everything from beginning.

Well i dont think its really necessary to completely reinstall, If you follow from the second step you shouldnt have any issues, let me know how you get on.

Well i dont think its really necessary to completely reinstall, If you follow from the second step you shouldnt have any issues, let me know how you get on.

Well, I fucked a bit up with beta patch and stuff, only 40mins tho download it again from steam so its not a big problem.

Followed ur instructions 100% and well. Shit got messy and I had to reinstall my game because it got worse than before.

Followed ur instructions 100% and well. Shit got messy and I had to reinstall my game because it got worse than before.

No issues here, have always used this method since i first start playing. What went wrong?

TL;To Copy

=] Legend - post should get sticky icky

Works perfectly, thank you :D.

I only use six-launcher, as i am not extremely computer savvy. I got the automatic update this morning and got stuck on waiting for host for every server, regardless of the version. So i read the read forums and saw that i needed to manually update the BattleEye dll's. Now the only message i get whenever i try to join any server is "You were kicked off game: BattleEye"Bad Player Name"" - what to do about this?

Got it working thanks, had some intense adventures last night, found a few cans of beans + soda, now I can live in the w00ds

btw, i updated the dll's using the link in another forums post: are these the correct ones?

v1.61.94945+

I believe the "server" file is only for server hosts. Download the first one and it should be placed in expansion\battleeye

Glad you guys are having some luck.

Niall.

THANK YOU for posting this link to a site that has all the new patches as they come out! i have been unable to find where people download them from since i got this game 4 patches ago!