rickenwing@gmail.com

[1.5.7] Keep Spawning at the Coast

Same issue here the last days. Its totaly frustrating that there is no response how to avoid this or where the problem is and when it will be fixed.

I´ll stop playing and wait for a fix, dont want to waste my time with running from coast to the north all the time!

A mate and myself having this kind of issue since 1.7.2.5. Feels like it happens randomly but I think it is around 1/5 times we log in. Most times just one of us is spawning near Eletro or Cherno which is very frustrating 'cause it needs a lot of time to find ourselves again...

We play on different servers because we can't play at the same time every day so I can not say if these spawning issues are server related.

This has happened to me also. I logged out at NWAF. About 2 hours later I got into another server and spawned on the coast. After that I moved back up north and logged out. That time when I logged back in I was unconscious. Also both times when I spawned my primary was in my hands but not usable. I had to swap to my secondary and back to my primary in order to use it.

Ok, this is really, REALLY anoying. I play slowly, collecting gear, sneaking up, avoiding bandits etc. I lost count of how many times after loading screen freez I was spawned at the beach somewhere near cherno, elektro or in the middle of nowhere. Do i have to tell You dear DayZ team how anoying it is ? after many hours of traveling, running, crawling to distand locations i have to start from the beginning... I'm wasting my time running back to locations where i logged off. And there is no way to prevent this. You never know when your loading screen is going to freez.

FIX IT !!!!!

Because of this bug DayZ is for me currently 95% RUNNING to previous locations, 5% actuall gameplay.... with such proportions it's really not fun at all to play....

Edited by Akozz
  • Like 2

I logged out in Stary Sabor and logged back in after taking a break to find myself on the beach in Balota. I now need to visit a food shop to survive the journey back to Stary. :(

-Max

Sorry if this has been posted, but I've found a way to duplicate this bug 100% and I have not had it happen to me since avoiding it. I've been stuck on the loading screen before and had to force quit but this will only cause to you spawn on the coast IF YOU ARE JOINING A SERVER WITH A DIFFERENT DAYZ VERSION THAN THE ONE YOU HAVE INSTALLED.

I have NEVER once spawned on the coast when joining servers that match my DayZ version, I will rarely get stuck loading and have to force quit but this never causes a coast spawn. However this becomes really dicey as it seems that admins will often mislabel their servers/forget to update them. The solution? Either take note of the servers that you hung at loading on or take note of the ones you were able to get in to and try to stick to those because without fail, joining one with a different version, getting stuck on the loading screen, quitting, and joining another server WILL cause you to spawn at the coast somewhere.

Sorry if this has been posted, but I've found a way to duplicate this bug 100% and I have not had it happen to me since avoiding it. I've been stuck on the loading screen before and had to force quit but this will only cause to you spawn on the coast IF YOU ARE JOINING A SERVER WITH A DIFFERENT DAYZ VERSION THAN THE ONE YOU HAVE INSTALLED.

I have NEVER once spawned on the coast when joining servers that match my DayZ version, I will rarely get stuck loading and have to force quit but this never causes a coast spawn. However this becomes really dicey as it seems that admins will often mislabel their servers/forget to update them. The solution? Either take note of the servers that you hung at loading on or take note of the ones you were able to get in to and try to stick to those because without fail, joining one with a different version, getting stuck on the loading screen, quitting, and joining another server WILL cause you to spawn at the coast somewhere.

Sorry but unless DayZ commander doesn't work the way I think it does, this isn't true. I set DayZ commander to only show servers with correct versions, and I don't think it just uses the name of the server, it actually looks to see what versions are actually being run (unless I'm wrong about that...)

Anyway, with commander filtering the wrong versions, I still had this problem frequently.

• Like 1

Happens to me all the damn time, except i loose everything i have on me, svd's as50s ghillies m9 sd's m4 sd's gps's nvg's coyotes... all gone... fix this please.

me too

its a long walk back to NW. :/

Funny part is Its always near electro I spawn at.

Happened to me, logged out in cherno due to needed to get a drink, was happy about coming back and looting, and i spawn back in the wilderness coast.

I spawned on the coast, but I can't move... just stuck with no items. unable to play

I've had the same problem but I think I figured out the reason. Everytime I was stuck on a loading screen for over 10 minutes I alt+f4ed to be able to join another server. After that I respawned on the beach. Every time I disconnected from a server (escape, abort, disconnect and then alt+f4 just to be quick) it happened aswell.

However! When I quit the game by numerous escapes and then exit I stay in the same place as I was! I logged in and out and had some mates try the same and all went well. Ofcourse then some got stuck on the loading screen aswell and when they pressed alt + f4 they spawned at the beach with all their gear.

So I was thinking that exiting the game without the actual exit button corrupts the hive on some way. Or maybe it's just an alt+f4 preventative.