rickenwing@gmail.com

[1.5.7] Keep Spawning at the Coast

I was near the base of Klen hill, logged out. Log in today, die instantly on log in and respawn in the plaines without any of my equipment. Log out and back in and end up on coast. Run to a certain spot, log out then back in hoping it was just some error or something. Still no equipment, back at random point on coast and got shot. Thanks.

Beta 95883

Dayz 1.7.2.5

all people having this problem, you didnt by chance alt and f4 at loading screen did you?

all people having this problem, you didnt by chance alt and f4 at loading screen did you?

sometimes, coz of this other bug where the game is stuck on loading.........

EDIT: Confirmed, it only happends to me after i had to abort cause loading screen getting stuck.

Edited by AluCaRdBe

i find anytime i have to ctrl alt out its resetting my location.

same here, i've ran back to the NWAF 4 times so far, each time hoping to get that M4A1 Holo, finally freaking got it and then it spawned me on the coast with starting gear... -___-

• Like 1

Could this be because of server resets and your progress made is deleted and somehow keep your gear?

I've had this issue when not alt-F4-ing out of the game because I got stuck loading for the 999th time. I disconnected back to server list because I had to go ane eat some dinner, came back, picked server and wound up on the coast. Instantly came under fire from the forest near the beach.

Seems the campers left NWAF to come spawncamp for :beans:

• Like 1

When wll be fixed?

<_<

Edited by Youri
  • Like 1

I spawned at the beach with all the nice stuff I got the last night, and immediately got shot by a player 3-5 meters away. Lost it all, and now as I try to feed myself with steaks, I keep spawning at the damn beach. I use DayZ v. 1.7.2.4 with beta v. 95883.

Edited by Treehugger

I experience the same problem today, my friend since yesterday. I didnt have the problem, but as you maybe know, on some servers when trying to load, it gets stuck at "Loading" or "Waiting to create Character". It doesnt continue loading then... Maybe it tries to create the character but doesnt load the position, when exiting the game it doesnt save a location and maybe spawn you back on beach, but with same gear? That could be a possible reason.

OK guyZ seems the solution working is:

1. Manually download 1.7.2.5 (in case, dayz Updater has it already in the database for upgrade, six updater still don't)

2. Do THIS: Delete the folder of the curent profile you use in Day Z mod

(ex; C:\Users\Name\Documents\ArmA 2 Other profiles )

Don't be scared relaunching the game will re-craete your profile folder.

3. Launch the game via the root .exe folder (C:\Program Files ) // NOT VIA Six Updater or It will bug at loading screen!!!

TADAAAAA I'm at my 15th test; ALWAYS spawning exactly where I logged out! 2 hours gaming now. Full gear!!! :D

Do tell me It works for you!!! :beans:

• Like 1

same here man, i was up past northeast airfield when i logged out, and to my dismay i was back on the coast (with my gear atleast). i walked back up, logged out, and the same thing happened when i logged back in. shit sucks :(

1. Manually download 1.7.2.5 (in case, dayz Updater has it already in the database for upgrade, six updater still don't)

3. Launch the game via the root .exe folder (C:\Program Files ) // NOT VIA Six Updater or It will bug at loading screen!!!

TADAAAAA I'm at my 15th test; ALWAYS spawning exactly where I logged out! 2 hours gaming now. Full gear!!! :D

Does this work on 15 different servers or the same server 15 times, I can log in and out of the same server 15 times no problem

• Like 1

well im glad that fix is working for some people..i have found the root of my coast spawnign problem..if i try and join a server that is running a different version of dayz (say its running 1.7.2.4 or whatever and im running 1.7.2.5) i get stuck at loading, forcing me to alt f4 or sometimes task manager...after i re log im on the coast... so do not log into a server running a different version than you..hope this helps everyone else

Guys, this isn't something to complain about :). Pro Tip: Find a gun, Camp the coasts. PROFIT. xD. Gotten some badass gear from this. :)

Edited by Stix_FTW

running the latest patch here i have ran to nw air field 3 times today. I've spawned on the coast over and over. thou not always right after each server relog. sometimes i stay in nw airport for like one log then i seem to tele to the beach. will try again tmmrw. also on my last nw airport trip i stumbled apon an as50 just sitting in the barracks where a normal spawn should be it wasn't a thermal scope so it seemed legit. i didn't take it and then three seconds later i got kicked. then i arrived at three valleys on a nice scenic spot in the middle of no where. (that's where i am atm)

AND i have to config everytime i log out the game?(video/sound/keyboard)/cfg?

or u just done it once and never happened again?

or it doesnt even change it?

This happens to a friend and me, too; it also occurs since latest mentioned patch here

Have they changed the starting gear to 'not even a makharov or knife and no punching ' or have i got a bad weapons file ?

Am I here just for entertainment for bandits ?

Did I just waste my money buying this game?

If we start weaponless and vulnerable you take any playability from the game once you die ever.

Corpses I find have starter kit ie mostly nothing not even food drink.

Did this epic failure of a change happen between all those videos i saw and when I stupidly bought the game.

Mr Hall I feel really ripped off.

Have stayed alive for houres till i die of thirst - found some ammo cannot club anything with it - anyone I see kills me.

By adding a "murders" tally you make any freshman fresh meat for players and all you made was a PVP game.

I heard the interview with sidestrafe and Mr Hall - that is not what is the aim.

If you want to dramatically reduce player Kill take away the KILLS Tally?

"" Am I taking Crazy Pills?""

Bought the game yesterday over it in one day.

Great game potential.

Quoll69

Well, even if it's a bit tricky to get up-to-speed when you spawn defenseless, I think it will teach you waay faster how to be cautious and survive, than you spawning with a handgun etc... You have to learn how to avoid zombies and think what you loot.

And if you keep dying, at least you'll eventually be damn ace in navigating the beach and spawnpoint areas and gear up pretty fast. Everything in this game is XP for YOU - even if the game's not counting it ;)

So try to think of even the unfairest deaths as a learning experience, and it might keep you in the right mindset for the game :D

That's what I do at least.

Oh and a n00b without a gun isn't often something players shoot at. When I spawn and have nothing to lose, I just keep running whenever not around zombies and I rarely ever get shot, even if players would notice me. As I'm not even worth their (possibly rare) bullets.

Tip: If and when you find a pistol but no ammo for it, put it inside your bag instead of holding it in your hand. Or hey, maybe even if you already have bullets for it.. at least then you won't seem like a threat and can go about pretty peacefully until you find better loot.

But anyway, eventually you'll get better at finding loot and knowing your way around the place... but the main thing you need to do, is accept the many deaths to come. Everyone in this game dies eventually and has to start over..

lol, I started playing only 2-3 weeks ago aswell and I remember how I was actually pretty pissed about me walking around for 2 hours not finding anything and then being shot in the head from behind... little did I know that "2 hours of wandering for nothing" is actually a very gentle way to go in DayZ world.

DayZ really needs to be treated like a whole different type of game... you need to accept anything...

I could even quote mythbusters and say; "Failure's always an option" :D

WOW spawn at the coast yet again!!! id say this is about the 20th time..i downloaded 1.7.2.5 and still does it.. downed to 1.7.2.4 hoping it woould stop..nope!!! im so sick of this..think im going to sit dayz out untill this is fixed =(

I too have been experiencing this problem. However, I was believing that my issue was that I was having difficulty logging into certain servers, and even having to Task Manager my way off the "Loading" screen. Each time I did that, when I did get back into the game, I spawned at the coast. Probably happened 5 times this weekend.