rickenwing@gmail.com

[1.5.7] Keep Spawning at the Coast

Happends to me and my friends as well since late yesterday.

Arma2 revision: 95883

DayZ version: 1.7.2.4

Not much to add, other than I get the same thing. Happened on about 5/5 servers, yet to find one it doesn't happen on.

Happends to me and my friends as well since late yesterday.

Arma2 revision: 95883

DayZ version: 1.7.2.4

Same story, for me, running 1.7.2.4

Same issue. Logged off north of Gorka. Respawned at Solichiniy, my destination. I was happy about that until we switched to a different server and I spawned at Otmel. Ran back to Solichiny, went to a different server, spawned at Elecktro.

Keeps happening to me now. Got all the gear for sniping and ran all the way up to the NW airfield and found a decent sniping position, logged out. Logged back in on the shoreline with all my gear. Ran all the way to Cherno, found a decent sniping position, logged out. Logged back in on the shoreline with all my gear. Ran all the way to Elektro, found a decent sniping position. Logged out and logged back in on the shoreline with all my gear... Pissing me off.

Oh good, i was afraid that there is something wrong with my character but I see many of you have the same problem ... yesterday i was in my camp at NW, today Im at beach so i went all the way back, reloged and appeared on the beach again ... can someone at least give us explanation why does this happen ? Some feedback maybe ? I know its aplha but still, we paid for it, at least give us some info.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the loading time lasts extremely long, like 15-20 minutes, dont know whats wrong with it but before patch it was like 1 minute tops

Edited by Montwern

Same here I ran up found a car fixed it left joined back and boom in kamenmka im like NOOO

It's happening literally everytime I log in now, on every server I try, both with 1.7.2.4 and now with 1.7.2.5.

Same thing happened to me. Though I got killed seconds after logging in on the coast of Elektro. 550 kills, Ghillie Suit, Coyote Pack, NV Gogs, MK 48, and an M9SD with plenty of ammo, all gone!!

Please fix this issue!!!

• Like 1

Yeah have to say it's new update, happened to me. Good think I love the feel of a run all day every day. :huh:

Happened to two of us that had logged out at NW airfield. I got spawned in Elektro he got spawned in Cherno. We get disconnected because of a server restart and we both end up near Cherno on the coast. I had logged out in Cherno. Today I was spawned out near solichny on the coast.

EDIT: Also my inventory is doing weird things to my 249 saw ammo. It keeps duplicating whenever I get spawned on the coast. I used to have 3 boxes. Now I have 5. It keeps getting rid of my items in order to add more boxes to my inventory/backpack.

Edited by Risen

Keep happening to me and is very very frustrating. Have the gear but no map and spawn a far location.

Yep SAME HERE... 2nd time since the beta patch I'm still 1.7.2.4 by the way. All gear, well just on the coast... (I was at ... Mountain)

Same problem for me, except all of my gear is gone ... there goes a week of scavenging. Somethings tells me that the "changelog" from 1.7.2.5 had a lot of undocumented changes because I don't see how all of these new problems could have been introduced by rebinarizing a few models.

Update: Had 2 clan mates log in with me. One logged in on the beach, the other logged in and he hadn't logged in about 2 weeks, he spawned where he was last known. I had to reconnect because my audio wasn't up to par with my blood level, and I spawn back in where I was however I didn't leave the server just disconnected to lobby and came right back in

I can also confirm at least 5 people being randomly spawned on the coastline complete with all their gear on server changes over the past 5 hours, for me it happened twice both on server changes. None of us had updated to the lastest patch so we were all running 1.7.2.4.

Same here ... logged in yesterday with 1.7.2.4 and was on the coast and played for a few hours ... logged out up north. This morning when I logged in, I was in the debug desert and all of my gear was gone. Left and came back ... same issue. Every time I login I am back on the coast and without equipment (but my stats still display the kill counts, etc). To me, this sounds like a database integrity issue?

Same here. Logged of Northeast near a town. Respawn at Cherno Beach with nothing, really nothing, no backpack, bandage etc

Happens after 1.7.2.5 update.

Reddit post saying you need to go into your Arma2 profile/other profile folders in my documents and delete the game save folder that stores your single player progress. I tested this and confirm it works. Why does it work? Who know. o.O

So after testing this on my own, If I stay on the same server, I do not spawn at the coast. If I change servers, no matter how long (tested at 1 hour) I wait and no matter where I was when I logged off last, I end up back at the coast.

I can't even express in words how frustrating this is. Way to many variables to consider for this to be a server hopping deterrent.

To list a few:

-The server you were playing on an hour ago isn't working any longer for some reason or another.

-Hackers on the server you are currently on, so you hop to another hacker free server.

-Kicked for ping being to high, in which case you should find a server that your ping isn't too high at.

-Friends are playing on a different server.

-It is night time on the server you were on before. (Suck it up, try playing at night, it is actually fun!!) Still a legit reason to hop servers though....

-When you log into the server you were on before, you get like 5 FPS. (I am not sure this is a server problem, but it often seems so).

I am sure there are many other reasons why this is not a good fix for a nasty issue. Unfortunately, I do not have any recommendations on a viable fix..

Yep, I spawned on the coast too. With all my gear, at the very least. I was somewhere in the woods heading up to the NE Airfield, and the next time I log in, I'm at Kos... K... Kosomov? And the game crashes at Balota, so I try another server and spawn in Elektro.

Not cool man.

me and my buddy changed servers becose it was glitching like hell, could not see a damn thing. boom back on the beach, same gear (thank god) tough. we make our way to stary sobor, same problem again, glitching like crazy disconnect change servers, BOOM back on the beach

If you have 1.7.2.4 and try to join on a server with 1.7.2.5 you will be stuck in the loading screen and after joining on another server you will spawn at some of the various new player spawns.

Happened to me yesterday.

I have not updated to 1.7.2.5 yet so I don't know if this is the case if you try to join on a 1.7.2.4 server.

Edited by LtHyperion
  • Like 1