rickenwing@gmail.com

[1.5.7] Keep Spawning at the Coast

Just posting to say I'm getting the same problem.

1. Logged a lot last night because of connection problems without it respawning me at the coast.
  2. Tried to join a server listed as .5 only to get told it's still .4.
  3. Logged into another .5 server sucessfully but find myself at Cherno.
  4. Logged out and back into the same server and I'm at Elektro.
  5. Every time I log in I'm somewhere new.

REPOST:

OK guyZ seems the solution working is:

1. Manually download 1.7.2.5 (in case, dayz Updater has it already in the database for upgrade, six updater still don't)

2. Do THIS: Delete the folder of the curent profile you use in Day Z mod

(ex; C:\Users\Name\Documents\ArmA 2 Other profiles )

Don't be scared relaunching the game will re-craete your profile folder.

3. Launch the game via the root .exe folder (C:\Program Files ) // NOT VIA Six Updater or It will bug at loading screen!!!

TADAAAAA I'm at my +50th test; ALWAYS spawning exactly where I logged out! +10 hours gaming now. Full gear!!! :D

Do tell me It works for you!!! :beans:

Few answers:

-FIRST THING TO DO!!!

(The Reddit solution:) Delete just ONE TIME your folder in C.\mydocuments\arma2otherprofiles (it has to be the profile you use for Dayz!!!)

-I know this works for windows 7 at least

- +10 peoples have confirmed me it worked.

- DO NOT LAUNCH THE GAME VIA SIX UPDATER/ USE THE ROOT FILE .EXE IN PROGRAME FILES (Steam path or else) EACH TIME YOU LOG IN!

- DayzUpdater.exe has the 1.7.2.5 in the database

REPOST:

1. Manually download 1.7.2.5 (in case, dayz Updater has it already in the database for upgrade, six updater still don't)

3. Launch the game via the root .exe folder (C:\Program Files ) // NOT VIA Six Updater or It will bug at loading screen!!!

TADAAAAA I'm at my +50th test; ALWAYS spawning exactly where I logged out! +10 hours gaming now. Full gear!!! :D

Few answers:

-FIRST THING TO DO!!!

(The Reddit solution:) Delete just ONE TIME your folder in C.\mydocuments\arma2otherprofiles (it has to be the profile you use for Dayz!!!)

- DO NOT LAUNCH THE GAME VIA SIX UPDATER/ USE THE ROOT FILE .EXE IN PROGRAME FILES (Steam path or else) EACH TIME YOU LOG IN!

i'm not gonna lose all my gear, am i?

this is happening to me too-.- its sooooo annoying, someone needs to fix this. My game was working fine until this happened.

Wonderful .. so the 'fix' for this issue is to delete my single player ARMA progress ... oh wonderful, congratulations - what a wonderful fix!

So just make a backup of those files and copy them back when you want to play singleplayer. You don't lose anything.

Of course it's a bit of work every time but hey, this is an alpha. Don't expect everything to be perfect. You didn't pay anything to play DayZ ;)

REPOST:

Few answers:

-FIRST THING TO DO!!!

I'm afraid your 'fix' has no effect for me. Did everything as you said. I was logged out at Vybor. Logged back in and I got stiffed by the infinite loading scree. When I tried another server I logged in at Drakon, by Elektro.

I do run vista and not win 7.

Also just be aware if you do remove your profile folder your cfg file gets reset. So if, for example, you altered it to change your FoV it will get reset back to the games default Fov. As with anything else you may have changed in there.

This game is now just a marathon running sim for me. Getting frustrated to the point where I'm going to stop playing until someone can come up with a concrete solution or fix to this endless coast spawning bs. It's just a waste of time for me at the moment. I can't go anywhere knowing that as soon as I log back in and hit an infinite loading screen next time I do get in a game I'm gonna be back at the coast.

REPOST:

Few answers:

-FIRST THING TO DO!!!

i tried delete my arma2 and arma 2 others profile i'm launch at Launch Arma2 OA BETA PATCH.exe in my installed game folder.

why don't worked for me ?

And i just lost my ghillie suit and got bandit suit. i was at beach now i ran to some where about 10 times or more

i running 1.7.2.5 and 95913

When you fixed it? Huh DayZ team.....

Well

And i just lost my ghillie suit and got bandit suit. i was at beach now i ran to some where about 10 times or more

i running 1.7.2.5 and 95913

When you fixed it? Huh DayZ team.....

Well you lost your ghillie 'cos you're a murderer, basically. That supercedes the ghillie I believe.

Well

Well you lost your ghillie 'cos you're a murderer, basically. That supercedes the ghillie I believe.

thx

but i found a new gilly now lol

Well

not really...

That only happens to me...

If I fail to load into a server and get stuck on the loading screen. I will close the game (By killing the process) and this causes me to start back at the beach with all my gear.

I read it's some sort of counter measure for people who Alt+ F4 out of games and to prevent you from spawning in debug plains.

I'm experiencing the same issue. Appears to only happen if I get stuck on loading screen when trying to enter a server. Only way to come out of loading screen is to use task manager to close Dayz, then when I load back in to another server I either get stuck on loading screen again or I'm back at the coast with all my gear. Makes meeting up with friends next to impossible.

The perils of alpha I guess.

Bah bumhug.

Edited by Oceanchief

Logged in this morning to spawn on the beach at cherno with the SVD Camo and M4A1 CCO SD I just acquired last night only to get killed almost instantly by coast bandits. This certainly isn't the first time its happened after 1.7.2.4 and it only seems to occur when I quit a server before that was bugged stuck on the loading screen. The game is almost unplayable atm considering 60-70% of servers I try to join have the stuck on loading screen bug.

Happend to me several times now logged out in stary/airfeild and log back in on the coast

I'm still suffering from this bug. Seems the only way around it is to keep a note of the servers that don't have you stuck on the loading screen and stick to them until a fix. In saying that one of the servers I had noted as working killed me as soon as i logged in and then when i respawned at the coast I had no gear apart from an axe. I had no backpack, no bandage.... just an axe. Weird.

We could really use an official response on this as none of the workarounds suggested actually work, believe me I have tried them all.

The game is nearly unplayable with such a high chance of spawning on the coast especially since occasionally you also lose all of your gear :(.

This happens to me when I wait when servers are restarting and I don't leave before you get disconcted

a user on Reddit just pointed out that this might occur when you spawn too close to a tree.

would make sense in my case, my body was directly next to a tree because that's where i usually log out. posting that in the other threads too. so people stay away from trees or don't hug the trunks when logging out :)

Played a few nights ago and logged out near cherno.

Logged in yesterday and it spawned me near solinski (with all my gear)

Traveled down to cherno and logged out.

Logged in today and it spawnedme on the coast nearish cherno (with all my gear)

Changed server to avoid night time, logged in. Got some total random gear. some shitty double barreled shotgun and some wood lol. Kinda puts all last nights efforts to waste

a user on Reddit just pointed out that this might occur when you spawn too close to a tree.

would make sense in my case, my body was directly next to a tree because that's where i usually log out. posting that in the other threads too. so people stay away from trees or don't hug the trunks when logging out :)

That is complete horse shit. The only reason you get respawned back at the shore, is because you end process the long loading screen server(close the game while in loading screen), that you previously tried to join.

I'm assuming, by doing so, there happens an malfunction in @hive, reseting your location, next time you join a server.

Edited by Inqharsh
  • Like 1

Happened to me 5 times in the last few days.

Was at the NW AF, battleye kicks me (client not responding), find another server and spawns me in Electro with the gear i had before.

Today i'm at Stary, battleye kicks me again (again not responding) and i spawn in Three Valleys with all my gear.

Very annoying. I dont fancy spending the whole day running 5 times to meet my squad .

Same thing for me, yada yada, log off somewhere, log back in at the coast with all my gear. I get it, it's annoying, but I just wanna know when and if it's gonna be fixed. It's no fun playing this awesome game if each time I'm back at the coast waiting to be killed by a bandit.