Nekan

People are horrible.

As I have posted before, there are three main reasons for the current situation:

1. Alt+F4

2. Server hopping

3. Metagaming

Give people easy access to cheats and 9 out of 10 will use them - becasue it's internet and they feel entitled to be dicks. It's interesting to go on a private hive server and compare the situation. It's like a completely different community in the same exact game. When players character is tied to one place and they want to keep playing there, they start to think before they shoot because all the friends and eniemies they make will stay there with them. It's called consequence, something the official servers are not providing. Untill Rocket will find a right solution to AltF4ing and server hopping this games community will remain one of the worst out there (as it's perceived right now by pretty much anyone who tried DayZ).

And all those arguments about people turning to their animal instincts during a situation like that are complete and utter bullshit.

I've talked about this phenomenon for hours with two of my friends my friends (one of them is a sociologist and the other is a psychologist). If people could not metagame in DayZ and getting into a group or just finding friends (weather it be survivors or bandit friends) would require actual communication in-game, even those shoot-on-sight assholes would not be so quick to pull the trigger. If the "bullshitters theory" would be true, then human race would pretty much not survive up to this point. Middle ages or wild west would be the end of it (if not much-much sooner). We only survived that long because of people with common sense. They made first contact, didn't stab each other in the back, got organised and brought order (to the best of their ability).

Sure, assholes and murders would still be in this game even if all the issues with DayZ community would be adressed, but it wouldn't be near as bad as it is today. It's up to Rocket to come up with a solution, because counting on people to get their heads out of their asses won't work outside of real life.

tl;dr

If you skipped right to this part, start treating your attention deficit disorder.

• Like 1

I only just started playing this game... Everytime I encounter a player I am killed, I havent even been able to find a weapon.

(Every house/barn etc is always completely empty except for empty cans/bottles, windscreens etc...)

Actually there was this time I met this one player, he didnt shoot on sight and let me follow him for a while which I thought was cool, then all of a sudden he just pops a bullet in my head then runs off. He didnt even loot my corpse.

Anyone know of any servers where I might stand a chance...?

25 here and i still would not trust people irl apocalypse, only to the oldest friends. My motto is "in jungle, only the strongest and coldest hearts survives". If you ever have opportunity to see my nametag in this game, RUN FOREST RUN! I'm not alone, wolfs moves in pack. If my friend would be bitten, he should know that it is his time to go. Same would occur to me. I would fill my backpack with sacthel charges and run in middle of horde.

25 here and i still would not trust people irl apocalypse, only to the oldest friends. My motto is "in jungle, only the strongest and coldest hearts survives". If you ever have opportunity to see my nametag in this game, RUN FOREST RUN! I'm not alone, wolfs moves in pack. If my friend would be bitten, he should know that it is his time to go. Same would occur to me. I would fill my backpack with sacthel charges and run in middle of horde.

I cannot believe how cool you are. And yet, it must be true..

• Like 1

Got some binoculars and turned on 'Peeping Tom' mode, climbing up onto a destroyed castle and looking over a town. I saw a guy running away from several zombies, it didn't look like he had a weapon to fight them off with. Another survivor ran up and shot the zombies down one by one, until they were all dead, and then started to check the bodies. The guy that had just been saved pulled out an axe behind the savior's back and hacked away at him, took his gun, and ran off.

didn't read any further. laughed hard! :D

srsly would have done the same just for the lulz.

There's a huge difference between killing to survive - desperately needing food/water, weapons etc, and killing 'for teh lulz'.

It's a shame that they can't make the game age-verified only. I know people could get around it but many wouldn't.

>18 = less pvp and less annoying turds on direct chat too.

the terror i feel playing dayz is definately adult rated. The full game should be R. Then they can go all out with the gore and violence too. Theres plenty of other games for the kiddies to play