Nekan

People are horrible.

Wow, this got quite a bit of activity since I posted! :D

There's been a few people proposing ways to modify the game and stop banditry, I don't want this at all! I just want people to understand the basis of why this game was made, to simulate survival in a zombie apocalypse. Once that is fully understood by someone, I want them to treat their player as -them- and think about all of their actions.

If you're aiming a gun at someone's head in game, just think to yourself 'Would I pull the trigger in real life..?' For most people the answer will be no, and you'd lower your gun.(Unless you were defending yourself of course, in which case, defend yourself!)

If everyone stopped the senseless murder and treated this like a simulation, there'd be alot less player killing and a LOT more robbery in the woods. I would love to be robbed instead of killed! I get to keep my position -and- most of my items? Hell yeah, take my beans!

Instead of trying to stop banditry, why not add other ways for you to get the things you want off players! Something like sneaking up on someone and knocking them out for a good minute or so, letting you take what you'd like and run off. It's probably a flawed idea, but I'd just like to see things added that will offer alternate solutions instead of simply murderering to get a bite to eat.

Shoulda hunted that fucker down and shown him the meaning of Karma !!!

p.s. one of the ideas to curb wanton banditry is for items to disappear when killing Survivors

Edited by Killavirus

today i was scavenging in town when i saw a player running from 3 zombies he had a rifle but didnt shoot i thought he must not have ammo so as the good person i am i charge them with my axe (my only weapon) and kill all 3 and lose alot of blood in the process then i go down to bandage me and he shoots me ?! i just saved him that ungrateful bastard!

As long as people disrespect the help they received by shooting their savior(s), it will never work.

After my mate got shot 1600 hp by a guy i just epi-pen'd, i decided to only help teammates.

I still vote for inventory weight, only one modification that will hopefully change the game when people think food is more important than a 20kg amr + ammo.

Instead of trying to stop banditry, why not add other ways for you to get the things you want off players! Something like sneaking up on someone and knocking them out for a good minute or so, letting you take what you'd like and run off. It's probably a flawed idea, but I'd just like to see things added that will offer alternate solutions instead of simply murderering to get a bite to eat.

I think the problem is the reverse - it's not so much the killing for little it's the killing for nothing. If there are going to be penalties, you should incur a penalty for not at least trying to loot the corpse of someone you have just shot in a certain timescale (negated if someone gets there first or hides it). If you have to check out the corpse of a victim, the snipers from a km away would rack up more penalties wheres the more face-to-face killers (who the victim could have at least tried to communicate with) do not fare so badly.

Edited by kander

I still vote for inventory weight, only one modification that will hopefully change the game when people think food is more important than a 20kg amr + ammo.

assuming AMR was a typo and DMR was intended, here are some facts:

Like all small arms, the M14 DMR is designed to be as light as possible - because y'know, a marine doesn't have a choice, he has to pack his lunch with his rifle - unloaded it's in the region of 4.5kg

an empty 20 round mag probably weighs 300g at most

and 100 rounds of 7.62 NATO would be under 2kg

sorry to burst your bubble, but a DMR and five mags isn't gonna be much more than 8kg

All this moral shit makes me feel sick .

Is just a video game , is fun help people and team up and sometimes is fun also just kill people . Deal with it and stop complaining everytime a bandit takes your beans.

Killing people is part of the game as it help and meet other survivors , i do not support KoS in any way but i accept it as part of the game and the whole fun it delivers , when a damn sniper get me i still have fun and i think it's was my fault for not being enough ninja .

People who cant deal with easy triggers need to think again if a sandbox fps without penalty over pk is the rigth game for them.

Sorry for my grammar . cheers

Edited by maatdk

I always look at what the other person has, but I'm not an aggro player to begin with. However, sooner or later you will come to the conclusion of kill or be killed. After helping people 3 times in a row and dieing for it 3 times, I stopped helping.

There's a huge difference between killing to survive - desperately needing food/water, weapons etc, and killing 'for teh lulz'.

I agree that there's a difference between killing to survive and killing because you can. The only time I've killed another player, prior to being shot at, was because my food and water meters were both flashing, and the supermarket I was in had neither. I was getting ready to start running from house to house, Z's be damned, when I hear player footsteps just outside. He was armed with an AK74S Kobra, had an ALICE pack, etc...so I shot him.

I wasn't proud of it. I wasn't giggling cause I killed some noob. In fact, I felt kinda bad about it. Like many games, the choices I make in DayZ reflect what I'd do if I were really in that situation. I'm no murderer, but if it comes down to a stranger or myself, I choose to live. Yes, I could have asked him for spare food over direct chat, he might have even given me some happily, but at the time, I was feeling the desperation of my predicament (which is a testament to how good this game is and can be).

And if you're that player, who killed the two Z's that followed you into the building, then were shot, I'm honestly sorry.

Next time I came across a player, it was at a helicopter crash. Guy aggroed some Z's and started shooting them with his newly found FN FAL. Bad choice. He got mobbed, I saw a LOT of blood, but he got them down. Now, I could have shot him, one shot would probably have done the trick, but instead, I openly ran across the field towards him, all the while saying "friendly, I've got a blood bag if you need help" as I approached. Oddly, he declined, but he didn't get hostile, so we parted ways peacefully.

That's two of dozens of encounters I've had with players. Nearly every other one involved an exchange of bullets, but that's due to their mentality, not mine.

Yes, there are a lot of players that are hostile to EVERYONE, but every now and then you find someone that's genuinely friendly. If you do, I recommend you exchange contact info so you can play together again.

I murder anyone I see. In fact, I usually use the enny and hope for unconc state for them with my first shot. And then I hope for zombies in the area. I usually run up and whistle dixie while they get eaten. Right when they are about to die, I kill them.

I guess I am a horrible person. What a putz OP is.

After hours I found an AK-74 and I was making my way up into the NW Airport from near Green Mountain and then I just randomly died. I don't know what killed me. The first hit knocked me out and removed 2500 blood, then I got hit again while I was down and died.

Why the fuck do people have to kill each other? It's just so damn annoying that you spend hours getting your equipment just so you can randomly get killed by someone you can't even see. I was looking all over the place and I didn't see anyone around, I don't know where he came from. I wish the mod would give players a reason not to kill each other. If I wanted to play PvP I would have just played a normal ArmA multiplayer game.

There's a huge difference between killing to survive - desperately needing food/water, weapons etc, and killing 'for teh lulz'.

It's a shame that they can't make the game age-verified only. I know people could get around it but many wouldn't.

>18 = less pvp and less annoying turds on direct chat too.

Passing an age milestone doesn't bring spontaneous maturity. I respect what you're saying, but from personal experience I've found younger players (not 12 year olds, around 15-16) to be much more friendly than adults. Adolescence is innocence, after all.

Restricting a game based on age is just as discriminatory as not letting a certain gender play it, in my opinion. Everyone is different and acts differently, you'll find griefers wherever you go in sandbox games like this. It adds to the survival element and regardless of my not being a bandit, I can say that I like it.

• Like 1

Age has not anything to do with it, there are fcktards no matter which generation you play with.

I recorded a dayz session recently.

The story of betrayal begins at 21:20 when I meet a random person and decide to help him survive.

Lesson learned? Whenever I meet people like this now I force them to type in direct chat so that I can identify their name. If they do not answer promptly I kindly introduce them to Mrs. Hatchet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXUOPJDzPzc

Edited by Alpo
  • Like 4

After hours I found an AK-74 and I was making my way up into the NW Airport from near Green Mountain and then I just randomly died. I don't know what killed me. The first hit knocked me out and removed 2500 blood, then I got hit again while I was down and died.

Why the fuck do people have to kill each other?

tbh, you are probably just saving someone the trouble of having to go into a town for supplies. you are an easy target, that has probably looted their way North, often carrying much needed supplies.

i personally am not going play around in that sector until i have my game down.

• Like 1

Why the fuck do people have to kill each other? It's just so damn annoying that you spend hours getting your equipment just so you can randomly get killed by someone you can't even see. I was looking all over the place and I didn't see anyone around, I don't know where he came from. I wish the mod would give players a reason not to kill each other. If I wanted to play PvP I would have just played a normal ArmA multiplayer game.

i love it when people blame bandits for killing them when 95% of the time it's their own sloppy play that leads to their demise. i bet you were standing upright in the middle of an open field when you got shot.

and it's kind of funny that you're complaining about PvP but you're trying to go to the NW airstrip, which is only one of the biggest PvP hotspots on the map. what the fuck were you expecting?

Edited by Blakorr
  • Like 3

I dont rlly mind dieing anymore....but:

Sniper, I rlly hate these people, camping all day long just waiting for a survivor to kill and if they are found--->alt+F4 instantly

I know it´s not rlly the best idea, but there should be.. something, i dont know what exactly, to encourage at least little amounts of teamplay rather than shooting everyone at sight.

• Like 1

i love it when people blame bandits for killing them when 95% of the time it's their own sloppy play that leads to their demise. i bet you were standing upright in the middle of an open field when you got shot.

and it's kind of funny that you're complaining about PvP but you're trying to go to the NW airstrip, which is only one of the biggest PvP hotspots on the map. what the fuck were you expecting?

I was crouch walking in a dense forest. I was hoping to then sneak into the hangars at the Airfield, it's just that I knew to expect people there, just not in the middle of the woods out of nowhere.

• Like 1

Sometimes I really want to take advantage of how easy it is to find where people live. Some people really need someone to come to their house and scare the hell out of them. This sense of oh they're random people on the internet so I can be a douchebag really needs to stop. THIS is the main cause of this problem. As I read through this post there are ever so many people on here and everywhere that seriously just need to get their shit tossed.

I know all of the people in question (trolls) are going to jump on this and make fun of it. Just know that all the good people out there are laughing at you. We all know that you will get no where in life, and if you do its because you're hiding behind some mask and being a phony.

If your boss, or parents, or grandma could see the way some of you act on the internet I would bet that you would be fired from your job or be smacked upside the head. Just because you think that nothing can happen to you, that the internet is some sort of protective shield, doesn't mean that it is. It is so very easy to find out where people on the internet live. Heck for $35 you can find out pretty much anything you want to know about someone.

So just be glad that I am not some sort of crazy lunatic who actually would show up at your house someday. Hopefully you can get it through your thick worthless skull that what you're doing, the way some of you act is not okay. If you acted like that on the street, in a parking lot, wherever, to the wrong person.. you'd be very very sorry.

Go ahead make fun, tear me down. Say i'm just crying because of whatever, but deep down you know its true. Maybe your parents didn't care about you. Maybe you grew up in a bad neighborhood. Maybe you have no friends, girlfriend, social life, whatever. But that does not make what some of you are doing okay.

If you decide to not take this in stride, To not be a better person, then I hope that someday you anger the wrong person. So they can teach you some manners, and morality.

Thank you and good day.

• Like 1