Sign in to follow this  
G0V3RNM3NT4L

Sniping for Fun Isn't Banditry

I'm against sniping for fun. It's like what the American's did to the bison: eliminate them. No, they didn't need food, no, they didn't need fur. Just to kill. To hurt. It's stupid. If I kill somebody, I kind of say "kudos" to them, for giving me the stuff to survive a little longer.

And I rarely kill at all. It's all about getting the stuff to survive. Over at Survivor HQ you hear them crying on and on about "waaah, turn off pvp i've been killed". It's a part of the game. Yes, it sucks when you're killed. But it also teaches you tricks. Like making sure the "new guy" leads. He can't backstab you if he's the point man.

And while I might hate people who kill to kill, not to get anything out of it, I don't think they should have resources ready to punish them. It's a play style. In my opinion, murderers are worse than bandits.

I think we need to fix hacks, disconnect, the bugs, and then MAYBE balance out PvP versus PvE.

Ps, send me a message (or bean this post) if you agree. I want to make a society of gentlemanly bandits, who will steal, rob, and plunder, but draw the line at cold-cut murder.

Edit: Wow guys, I thought I would be flamed/trolled! Never expected to be rolling in the beans from stating my opinion :P

Edited by G0V3RNM3NT4L
  • Like 15

If I kill someone, it's to take their stuff. It's not worth the risk to me of engaging in combat if they don't have anything worth taking. I always hate it when I waste ammunition on people with no gear and I couldn't imagine shooting people and not attempting to claim their things. It just seems like such a waste of good bullets.

Props to you for having a reasonable form of conduct. I hope we can meet up one day, and have a tense social situation. See where it goes from there.

• Like 1

Haha, I'm an avoidance player. I rarely meet players.

Then hopefully some day we can (not)meet, and avoid eachother. haha

• Like 2

I don't agree with it but think sniping for fun is a style of play too. I hate them, and I hunt them for fun.

Good luck with your project.

P.S - for the rest of us there is a surrender button, it's at the bottom of the key binding list.

so your saying you will loot,pillage,humiliate,enslave them,run them over repeatedly,rape,t-bag,curse at,give their location,call them babies,eat them,pour beans on them,and stalk them but you won't ever kill them because you are bored?

so your saying you will loot,pillage,humiliate,enslave them,run them over repeatedly,rape,t-bag,curse at,give their location,call them babies,eat them,pour beans on them,and stalk them but you won't ever kill them because you are bored?

I will farm them. Take what they have except for what they need to survive. I'm against senseless killing. If the guy surrenders his stuff, why the hell not let him live?

I will farm them. Take what they have except for what they need to survive. I'm against senseless killing. If the guy surrenders his stuff, why the hell not let him live?

So you wouldn't even T-Bag?even just a little
  • Like 1

Only if he changes his name to Lipton or Earl Grey will he teabag.

• Like 1

Cold-cut murder? I would never do such a thing! However, I am happy to kill people if I need their stuff. Otherwise I steer well clear of other players altogether (sadly I am in my teens, so everybody else still thinks CoD ersh bersht germ erver, so I've got no mates to play with >.<) . This Gentlemanly Bandits Club sounds like a proper idea.

Indubitably.

Edited by Stompopolos

OP thanks for bringing social conduct into the discussion. The mindset from every other FPS most of us have played is to shoot as soon as possible, but the videos I have seen and experiences I have had that are interactive and more along the lines of role playing have been the most cherished.

I love riding through a city blasting ice cream truck music, watching people until they prove their mettle, or convincing another player to not shoot me in the face. It's the best part of the game for me, and as the game matures there will be more of the moments like these:

OP thanks for bringing social conduct into the discussion. The mindset from every other FPS most of us have played is to shoot as soon as possible, but the videos I have seen and experiences I have had that are interactive and more along the lines of role playing have been the most cherished.

I love riding through a city blasting ice cream truck music, watching people until they prove their mettle, or convincing another player to not shoot me in the face. It's the best part of the game for me, and as the game matures there will be more of the moments like these...

I want to see less of this:

Recently, in my server a group of bandits were literally sweeping through elektro, killing every survivor they saw. They didn't bother looting, just killed literally everyone. Both had m4s, and also had 1 on sniper support. I took advantage of this, and killed one of them with a 1911 (they weren't that good, just had op weapons for the coast) than continued to kill another. My clan-mate also joined me, and killed the last with a mak. They continued to charge the location where they died, trying to get back to their loot, but failed in doing so.

In my opinion, these are the kind of people that ruin the game. They were just killing noobs, and people trying to re-gear for fun. I saw dead bodies at the coast of elektro, making me think these people were actually afraid to go in because of the group of 2 or 3. That's why my clan and I do everything we can to eliminate these threats so people can enjoy the game.

• Like 1

"Your bandity isn't REAL banditry waa waa waaaaaa..."

There's at least a thread every day from some hipster bandit who says you have to either take prisoners, or only kill when you really have to, or whatever before you can be a real bandit, like it's a 4-year degree program from Oxford or some shit.

If you kill people, you're a bandit. If you cry about it, you're a pussy.

Bandit's murder but not all bandits are murderers just saying since you decide to be a d-bag without provocation.

Bandit's murder but not all bandits are murderers just saying since you decide to be a d-bag without provocation.

So if you don't murder, what separates you from a common survivor?

Well if the cyclical cycle of shoot on site hadn't become so perpetuated I would say the behavior to help others (not just in your sect) or at the very least to survive but not harm and prey off others. It exists just not very much in this game due to expected behaviors forming KoS behaviors and such.

A lone survivor wouldn't be aggressive and try to rob someone really. A bandit would try to take what others have to increase his odds of survival others be damned. Murders just kill to kill or things as such.

(again the KoS mentality has made a lot of lines non-existent)

I think what people are trying to say is they want their bandits to be creative in their evil doings, rather than just mindlessly killing everyone. Everyone loves a bandit story when the bandit went to great lengths or took the effort to do something a little more epic.

• Like 1

If i kill somone, its either 1. For their stuff 2. They are a threat to me, or my group. I never kill fresh starters, if i can avoid engagin a guy with a makarov, i dont engage. But if im fired upon, or being threatned, no mercy

Yeah, Indian style. Do like the Navajo, pay your respects to the dead. Use everything.

And hide the body!

Edited by G0V3RNM3NT4L

so i have killed for fun in electro just sat on top of the hospital and shot people with an enfield

the only time i actually had fun while doing that was engaging groups of people already equiped or were actively shooting other survivors

screw killing the freshies im getting off the coast and imma go hunting in the north

I think what people are trying to say is they want their bandits to be creative in their evil doings, rather than just mindlessly killing everyone. Everyone loves a bandit story when the bandit went to great lengths or took the effort to do something a little more epic.

Yeah that is awesome. The problem with that just loops back to the DC issue. You have to actually find someone willing to play along.