harken (DayZ)

Possible hacking on US 5 (unrepentant)

I'd like to hear about what you think you've witnessed me trying to exploit.

But mainly about how you have two L85A2s.

You tried to disconnect to prevent dying to me(though it was too late already). I'm not sure why you don't think that's an exploit, considering that's the main problem in the game at the moment. You noticed what I did when you shot at me? Looked for you, then killed you.

I'm not a disconnecting little bitch like you. But if I was, I probably wouldn't have died like you did.

I have two L85s because of killing people like you. You'd think these things fall out of the sky or something.

edit: You also might like to know that we don't have a 'camp'. So I don't really know anything about your adventures raiding 'us'.

Edited by Valec

I've been gone the past week or so moving to a new apartment. When I get home today I'll be updating US 5 to the latest version, and implementing a few fixes that I've been testing in a closed environment.

DayZ has grown from a measly 1000 concurrent players to over half a million concurrent players. With that the demand for cheats rises as well. As far as the remaining issues with hacking, hopefully we'll have more anti-cheat tools to work with once 1.61 comes out.

I've been gone the past week or so moving to a new apartment. When I get home today I'll be updating US 5 to the latest version, and implementing a few fixes that I've been testing in a closed environment.

DayZ has grown from a measly 1000 concurrent players to over half a million concurrent players. With that the demand for cheats rises as well. As far as the remaining issues with hacking, hopefully we'll have more anti-cheat tools to work with once 1.61 comes out.

Thanks Alex Sykotix!

There's a few of us that were ready to throw in the towel on US 5 because of the beta not being up to date.

Sweet!

Thanks Alex Sykotix!

There's a few of us that were ready to throw in the towel on US 5 because of the beta not being up to date.

Indeed, same with my friends. You know, the funny thing was, I was even mentioning to my friend it's always possible the admin took off for a week or two so it hasn't been updated.

This was the only reason we were going to switch servers, but if regular updates will continue, then we'll probably stay.

• Like 1

You still haven't answered the question about having so many rare weapons.

I know you guys run the server, and from what I've seen during my stay, I'm not surprised you've been hacking (not to mention the various nukings that have happened).

Secondly, don't even try to call us noobs. I found your camp within 20 minutes of joining your server for the first time, killed two of your men, took your two best vehicles (by myself). Went back later, took your remaining vehicles, killed 2-3 more of your incompetent members, and evaded you for 2 days, before giving up in boredom.

US 5 blows dicks.

First, we don't run the server, Alex Sykotix does (don't know his in game name (maybe admin?). Second, we aren't hacking. Third, I've yet to encounter a 'nuking' of the server but I've heard that it does happen. Fourth, stumbling across a camp by no means makes anyone a non-noob :) and we also don't have a 'camp' and multiple vehicles so that wasn't our stuff you took. Fifth, none of us died though there was an attempt on Valec (which failed). Evaded? Evaded what? Everything we're talking about happened in a single night, you're reality is blurred by some imaginary Chernarusville timezone.

Also, if you think US 5 blows, GTFO.

If it's not too much of a bother, could you possibly post here when you update the server?

Sykotix, is there any way that you could add a server restart notification? I would absolutely love to know 10 minutes before it happens! I'm looking forward to things that you might be implementing!

• Like 1

I'd like to hear about what you think you've witnessed me trying to exploit.

But mainly about how you have two L85A2s.

I've lost more L85s than you're probably ever going to see. I have a strange attraction to high powered weapons and the tents of other people. I find all kinds of things roaming around the world thinking to myself 'where would I hide my stuff.' Also roaming the server on vehicles looking for heli crashes after server restarts never hurts. Another thing that doesn't hurt: When you steal something from another person's camp, don't disconnect 8 minutes later. I have never successfully secured anything from any other competent group without spending 30 minutes creeeping in and 30 minutes gtfo'ing. I would feel pretty stupid if I stumbled upon a white pickup (The easiest thing in the game to spot), drove it 400m and ran around looking to get shot only to escape with half my team dead AND THEN only drive SOUTH for 10 minutes before thinking I was safe.... You have a lot to learn about this game before beta.

Also, regarding hacking.... we don't hack. I play this game and test a variety of exploits in an attempt to uncover what other people are doing to fuck up the game. I report anything that I find. If you are intent on criticizing everyone as hackers, please leave, let the adults test this game, and come back when mom can buy it for you at Gamestop.

I honestly have no idea mate. I couldn't tell you what guns and ammo are banned/hacked if you put a gun to my head.

You can all rest a bit easier, Sykotix, who is server admin and also a Dayz Dev is on the case. He is going to review all the logs and start issuing bans to the hackers and exploiters, so we'll see who has been cheating.

Grats on getting our camp, that indeed was the one. We learned a rather important lesson from that about stockpiling so much in one location. Feel free to trample it into the ground.

Man I've been wanting to find that Ural forever! So happy to see a picture of it alive and well :)

They like to say they're legitimate, but they farm tents that have been duped either by them or random players on server. Also all of yesterday for some weird reason, us 5 wouldn't let me or anyone I know even connect from the server screen, but somehow between 1-5 clan members were in there throughout the day somehow. Crazy stuff.

That server has been sketchy for a while now imo. Glad somebody got to their base :D

You guys a clan? Where do I sign up?

Edited by Mjolnir22

They like to say they're legitimate, but they farm tents that have been duped either by them or random players on server. Also all of yesterday for some weird reason, us 5 wouldn't let me or anyone I know even connect from the server screen, but somehow between 1-5 clan members were in there throughout the day somehow. Crazy stuff.

That server has been sketchy for a while now imo. Glad somebody got to their base :D

You guys a clan? Where do I sign up?

I play on US 5 and if you had the newer beta patch it would keep you sitting on the waiting on host screen. You had to have the 94876. anything newer and it wouldnt let you connect as they werent backwards compatible. glad to hear Skyotix updated it to the latest one earlier.

• Like 1

I've lost more L85s than you're probably ever going to see...

It is getting a bit silly on us 5 imho. low pop, frequent restarts mean lot of crashed hele's and most of us regulars know where they are found. Its more effective finding those than going to deer stands now.. I've gone through more FAL's in the last mouth than I've had AK's since starting dayz.....

But then again having every one armed to the teeth does add a certain zest to time on the server :)

Edited by Detoeni

It is getting a bit silly on us 5 imho. low pop, frequent restarts mean lot of crashed hele's and most of us regulars know where they are found. Its more effective finding those than going to deer stands now.. I've gone through more FAL's in the last mouth than I've had AK's since starting dayz.....

But then again having every one armed to the teeth does add a certain zest to time on the server :)

The only problem I have with the server at this point is that it is running horribly and there is no warning before a restart. If I didn't already have 4 vehicles and so much equipment there I would already be on another server.

Example: I was on US 10 the other day and got nuked. I posted the incident on the cheating forum and not 5 minutes later the admin responded and told me he was looking into it. In about 20 minutes he came back with his findings, and told me that he found the player.

I don't think that would happen on US 5. I like being on a server that is cared for.

Well, hard to say with the admin being in the process of moving. I'm not quite ready to give up on US 5(Seemed to finally be running smooth last time I checked it), and as you mentioned, we're quite established there.

Naturally we'll be setting ourselves up on other servers, but still hoping US 5 gets sorted out and gets regular attention.

Also, we found this ammo at your camp, which I'm certain is not in the game normally.

Care to explain?xeNda.jpg

Me and a friend found this yesterday. Not 5 minutes after everyone was teleported to the ocean. We did run back however and escaped with the truck, so it was definitely unrelated. Oh and I also noticed that ammo and was intrigued. Ellind if you read this. I had you in my sights one day at the NEAF. I think we were the only 2 online and I was cruising around on my bike. I am not a cold blooded KOS murderer but I did enjoy watching you creep along looting. If I were an asshole sniper I would have had too much time to take you out :D. This server has been a blast for me. I will be around for a bit.

It does seem like most of the players on US 5 are extremely competent. It makes for some good conflict.

As to all the rare weapons like I mentioned to Valec in another thread hacking is just nuts in DayZ at the moment. If things were showing in the logs you can probably bet there'd be bans handed out left and right at a dev's server, but the bypasses are being used.

This issue is compounded by the tent issue that is supposed to be fixed today. If you found a good weapon in a tent a week ago, chances are it'll still be there after the next restart. With any luck there'll be a game wide tent wipe at some point.

So I just had a heli fly over me and my vehicle... better move. *sigh* Need to get this under control!

Edit: Sure enough god mode guy rode up on a motorcycle and took half of my clip and my friend got about 50 rounds out of his LMG yet we died. Server went down 4 minutes later :).

Edited by baron6673