harken (DayZ)

Possible hacking on US 5 (unrepentant)

Yesterday our clan's camp was taken out, but not only this, every camp we've ever seen and many we have not were black marked on the server map with sarcastic comments like "tent city bitches" etc, all within the space of a few hours. These camps were all over the map, and the time it would have taken to get between them would be in the hours.

My clan tried to retake our camp, indeed one of our lads scoped it out using a thermal rifle for well over 30 minutes and didn't see anything alive. When he moved past a certain point he got shot in the head.

We aren't annoyed our camp got hit, that happens to everyone but it does seem really suspicious every camp on the map was marked, presumably by the same person.

Today, I placed one single tent in a location so well hidden when I took 10 steps from the tent even I couldn't see it. There is no way anyone could stumble upon it by accident. You'd literally have to walk to the edge of a cliff, then turn around and look back at the moutain. 40 minutes after I placed it and dropped off a few items I came back and the tent was empty.

I don't like to cry Hackers for no reason, but apparently they can run scripts that show them all the tents on the map, and they then just teleport to them. The only people who were on last night and today are called Dylan and

Dreamtripper.

How do I prevent this?

Edited by harken

Don't put stuff in tents?

That is one solution. Not a very good one, but until I get word from someone with a better alternative, sadly that is what we're left with.

Lol, we probably hit you like we hit everybody else. I'm not saying it was HSZ, but we did search that entire server yesterday. It wasn't just one person though. We don't script/hack but we do leave sarcastic messages for people after we take their shit. [:

I did kill 3 people last night, they were headed to a camp me and another dude came across. I shot 2 in the head and 1 in the chest with a DMR, wearing a Ghillie.

Was this you guys? My friend also killed 2 - 3 people in the fire fight. We scared 'em off eventually. Think they all d/c.

• Like 1

You can't seriously expect me to believe you "searched the entire server", not unless you have a chopper and lots of time.

I placed a single tent today in a location impossible to spot unless you walk right up to it, then turn around and look back the way you came. 30 minutes later the tent was hit and only 5 people were on the server.

What are the odds?

I think someone is hacking the shit out our server.

If you tell me the location of the camp you hit last night.

Edited by harken

You can't seriously expect me to believe you "searched the entire server", not unless you have a chopper and lots of time.

I placed a single tent today in a location impossible to spot unless you walk right up to it, then turn around and look back the way you came. 30 minutes later the tent was hit and only 5 people were on the server.

What are the odds?

This camp had more then one tent and two vehicles, a white car and a tractor. We stole the tractor and left the white car, until today, we took that a few hours ago.

I can't give out the camps location, for safety reasons. I apologize, you don't want to go snooping around there anyways, the 5-6 guys last night will tell you the same.

If you were the guys camped out west of Guba, it was me and the rest of HSZ that raided your camp.

I came across it a couple days ago, killed two of your guys, took the URAL and UAZ. To the best of my knowledge, other members of HSZ (including Tag up there) killed other members as well. This we openly admit to.

However, we do not hack.

Last night, two members of our clan were killed randomly and arbitrarily, either from hacks or some strange, unknown glitch. There is definitely the possibility that there are hackers on this server, but it was not HSZ.

Also, we found this ammo at your camp, which I'm certain is not in the game normally.

Care to explain?xeNda.jpg

Furthermore, I was just on US 5 again, and a man in a ghillie suit ran right past me in the middle of the woods. Ignoring the already absurd probability of coming across anyone else on that server past dark out in buttfuck nowhere, only 3 of which weren't clan members, I shot him in the back twice with an L85A2, which alone should have taken him out. Instead of dying, he ran forward, got behind a tree, and was able to return fire. I hit him one more time, again to no effect, after which he dispatched me with a burst of 5.62 to the chest.

Coincidentally, he also had an L85A2, the fourth I've come across on this server. It also happens to be the fourth I've seen during my entire time playing Day Z.

I call bullshit.

Not neccesarily. I took enough rounds to put me down to 1200 at one point and didn't fall unconcious. If it's one solid hit then yes, you will probably fall. If it's a lot of multiple hits, the chance of passing out goes up. Just like blood loss and passing out, the more you lose then the bigger chance you have of passing out.

Well, that's the last time I pick up a gun at a caliber smaller than 7.62.

Also, we found this ammo at your camp, which I'm certain is not in the game normally.

Care to explain?xeNda.jpg

I honestly have no idea mate. I couldn't tell you what guns and ammo are banned/hacked if you put a gun to my head.

You can all rest a bit easier, Sykotix, who is server admin and also a Dayz Dev is on the case. He is going to review all the logs and start issuing bans to the hackers and exploiters, so we'll see who has been cheating.

Grats on getting our camp, that indeed was the one. We learned a rather important lesson from that about stockpiling so much in one location. Feel free to trample it into the ground.

The thing is, someone from my group is almost certain they were fired on by an Mk 17 SD. It was the dead of night, they were in ghillie suits, yet someone somehow spotted them (thermal scope on that Mk 17 SD would make quite a bit of sense...) and opened full-auto SD fire on them.

Make sure you read the list of allowed weapons in the game. Here's the list Tandwan posted above: http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/images/4/45/Weapon-chart.png

as for the ammo I don't know, when i found the Ural in the first place it was loaded to the hilt with misc weapons,ammo and gear.

Hey, was it you HSZ guys that stole my white pickup truck? I remember there being an mcchris.

It was hilarious when I came back for it and your friend shot at me, then I slaughtered him. Then mcchris got in the pickup and ran away.

I was alone and passed out, so I lol'd. I'm honestly done with US 5. I doubt anybody hacked to find your shit. However, the server doesn't update for shit, and if I want to play there, I have to use such an outdated version I can't play anywhere else.

It's too bad. I really enjoyed killing your friend. Who disconnected after he died in a feeble attempt to keep his gear. And then mcchris disconnected too in fear that I knew where he was too(I didn't, which he figured out when he safely hopped in the truck and ran with his tail between his legs).

Furthermore, I was just on US 5 again, and a man in a ghillie suit ran right past me in the middle of the woods. Ignoring the already absurd probability of coming across anyone else on that server past dark out in buttfuck nowhere, only 3 of which weren't clan members, I shot him in the back twice with an L85A2, which alone should have taken him out. Instead of dying, he ran forward, got behind a tree, and was able to return fire. I hit him one more time, again to no effect, after which he dispatched me with a burst of 5.62 to the chest.

Coincidentally, he also had an L85A2, the fourth I've come across on this server. It also happens to be the fourth I've seen during my entire time playing Day Z.

I call bullshit.

This was, in fact, me. It wasn't bullshit. You're a terrible, terrible shot. You literally hit me once before I found where you were firing from.

Don't cry hack every time you die. There has to be a point where you have to accept personal responsibility for being terrible.

Edited by Valec
  • Like 1

This server has been kinda fucked. Just the other night I was crouched by a tree after checking everything nearby. Went to chat on Steam and I heard footsteps, before I could close chat and turn I was dead. This was near Polana on Dubina, and I was flabbergasted by the whole thing. Sure I guess that could happen if the dude logged in... but it just seemed wrong.... Either way, it's all good. Shit happens.

Anyways, about the tent raiding. I do remember seeing lots of markers on the maps with funny slogans that day. I had a good chuckle thinking about all the people that would be crying on that day and how many fucks I would give. After uncovering a tent city directly north of Olsha mountain me and a friend took out a guy with a FN ANPV as he was trying to drive a car out of the camp. It's a shame he didn't check the tires first. Oh and it was quite fun hiding his body after eating his beans.

I have been pointing that camp out on the map ever since... If that is your camp OP, sorry about it - I just want other people to come show you a good time!

I doubt you are being hacked... there are other smart players on this server :)

What are the odds?

Are you in the clan?

Hey, was it you HSZ guys that stole my white pickup truck? I remember there being an mcchris.

It was hilarious when I came back for it and your friend shot at me, then I slaughtered him. Then mcchris got in the pickup and ran away.

I was alone and passed out, so I lol'd. I'm honestly done with US 5. I doubt anybody hacked to find your shit. However, the server doesn't update for shit, and if I want to play there, I have to use such an outdated version I can't play anywhere else.

It's too bad. I really enjoyed killing your friend. Who disconnected after he died in a feeble attempt to keep his gear. And then mcchris disconnected too in fear that I knew where he was too(I didn't, which he figured out when he safely hopped in the truck and ran with his tail between his legs).

This was, in fact, me. It wasn't bullshit. You're a terrible, terrible shot. You literally hit me once before I found where you were firing from.

Don't cry hack every time you die. There has to be a point where you have to accept personal responsibility for being terrible.

I'm crying hack because you had two L85A2 TWSs. One from your white truck, and the other on your person.

Also, how would you have known who was with me? US 5 doesn't show tags.

Edited by Shroom

I'm crying hack because you had two L85A2 TWSs. One from your white truck, and the other on your person.

Because you're both disconnectors.

There was only 2 of you with clan tags and one was killed.... obviously the other was you, and yes, i was there (well, headed south to there to back up my buddy who was telling me about this gunfight he was just in).

This is what I shared with my buddies at 4am after the whole "our white pickup is gone?!?!" journey

Enjoy.

So there I was, wandering 90km back to the 4 wheeler......... fueled up and ready to go I decide it’s time to put this thing to rest as well as myself... upon dropping it off I can’t help but think “that damn white truck!”... so I set off in search all the while saying to myself, “noob gunfire + fallen comrad = NUBS!” So I set my coordinates south, on foot, to scour the western edge. I realize that a true noob will only go where he’s comfy and semi-familiar with the terrain (deep south!) from many a respawn. swaying back and forth on my route towards the coast I see a landmark, the barn just west of Myshinko and BOOM, it hit’s me. They logged about 8 minutes after the gunfight leaving them 1 man down (Valec was pleased) so I took that landmark (roughly that long a trip from the war zone with a bit of noob swerving along the way) and put myself in noob mode. If i was to leave a vehicle with limited resources to find it again what would I do.... Correct, I’d place something directly away from the road, from some landmark, either northwest, west, or southwest... Checking northwest from the barn, no go... Checking directly west of the barn, bollocks! If this shit doesn’t work it’s bedtime for me (probably wouldn’t have been)! Directly southwest of the barn I spot... no... could it be? is my heart racing for no real reason??? IT’S A WHITE MUTHA FLIPPIN PICKUP TRUCK!!! Noob sauce thoughts FTW!!! White pickup is back in our hands mates! By the time you read this, good morning ;)

You still haven't answered the question about having so many rare weapons.

I know you guys run the server, and from what I've seen during my stay, I'm not surprised you've been hacking (not to mention the various nukings that have happened).

Secondly, don't even try to call us noobs. I found your camp within 20 minutes of joining your server for the first time, killed two of your men, took your two best vehicles (by myself). Went back later, took your remaining vehicles, killed 2-3 more of your incompetent members, and evaded you for 2 days, before giving up in boredom.

US 5 blows dicks.

You still haven't answered the question about having so many rare weapons.

I know you guys run the server, and from what I've seen during my stay, I'm not surprised you've been hacking (not to mention the various nukings that have happened).

Secondly, don't even try to call us noobs. I found your camp within 20 minutes of joining your server for the first time, killed two of your men, took your two best vehicles (by myself). Went back later, took your remaining vehicles, killed 2-3 more of your incompetent members, and evaded you for 2 days, before giving up in boredom.

US 5 blows dicks.

I wonder how you did all that when only 3 of us play together, we're not a clan, don't have members, etc.

You can imply that we're 'hackers' or 'exploiters' all you want, doesn't make it true. However, I did in fact witness you yourself attempt to exploit, so i'd think hard before I started making accusations.

Unless you think disconnecting to avoid death from players is cool.

Which it sounds like you do.

I'd like to hear about what you think you've witnessed me trying to exploit.

But mainly about how you have two L85A2s.

Edited by Shroom