Sign in to follow this  
Worrun (DayZ)

(Me again) How would this PC run Day Z and on what settings?

Theres one of these posts every 5 mins, stop being so fucking lazy and figure it out yourself. Do a search.

No, no, no, no, no.

Switch out your CPU. The Bulldozer design is a complete and utter failure, it's outperformed by even the i5 series. 560Ti is fine, can run on high, maybe very high, depending on resolution.

Also, doesn't say how much RAM it has. I'd suggest at least 4 GB, as RAM comes cheap these days.

Edited by krtshv

No, no, no, no, no.

Switch out your CPU. The Bulldozer design is a complete and utter failure, it's outperformed by even the i5 series. 560Ti is fine, can run on high, maybe very high, depending on resolution.

Also, doesn't say how much RAM it has. I'd suggest at least 4 GB, as RAM comes cheap these days.

The CPU appears to be the only thing I can't change. Does this mean I have to find yet ANOTHER (fucking) computer? This is turning into a right ballache.

The CPU appears to be the only thing I can't change. Does this mean I have to find yet ANOTHER (fucking) computer? This is turning into a right ballache.

Unless you want terrible gaming performance, yes.

The Bulldozer design was complete shit, a Core i5 2500k can outmatch it on almost every term.

Unless you want terrible gaming performance, yes.

The Bulldozer design was complete shit, a Core i5 2500k can outmatch it on almost every term.

How about this?

System Specification

- Case: Antec 300 Gaming Case

- Power Supply: OCZ ZS 650w PSU

- CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 3.30GHz @ 4.40GHz Sandybridge CPU

- Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard

- Cooler: Prolimatech Panther CPU Cooler

- RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit

- Hard Drive: 500GB HDD

- Graphics Card: 560ti GDDR5

- Sound: Realtek 7.1 Channel Sound (On-Board)

- Optical Drive: LG DVD+/-RW SATA Drive

Don't even bother ordering from that site either my friend had the same type of computer with a few things changed and he had nothing but trouble. Also you could build your own for like £500 etc trust me there more then enough guides nowdays to build your own.

Don't even bother ordering from that site either my friend had the same type of computer with a few things changed and he had nothing but trouble. Also you could build your own for like £500 etc trust me there more then enough guides nowdays to build your own.

Well from all the reviews I've read on the site and I also have 2 IRL friends that order from the site alot it looks like a very reliable place. Regarding building my own, I'm not sure. If maybe I could find a list of EVERYTHING I need down to a T, but then again, I'd have to learn a load of stuff (which I cba to do) because I just want my PC this week if possible, an extra 100 or 200 quid won't bother me really.

Even then I'll just ruin the motherboard with static or something, too much fuss and effort - but thanks :D Lol

I've decided to go with this:

• i7-2600k Intel CPU (3.4GHz) + Fan - NEW SANDYBRIDGE 2nd Generation CPU!
  • 8GB DDR3 RAM (16gb Max) - 1333MHz Fast Access Branded RAM
  • 500gb Sata III Hard Drive, 7200RPM, excellent performance and silent operation
  • DVDRW +/- DL, high quality DVD re-writeable drive, dual layer support, fast and reliable
  • High Performance Asus Motherboard featuring both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 and good upgradability (ASUS P8H61-MLE USB3)
  • NVidia GTX560Ti Performance Video Card, 1.0g GDDR5 RAM, VGA/DVi/HDMi support

For an amazing £500

I've decided to go with this:

• i7-2600k Intel CPU (3.4GHz) + Fan - NEW SANDYBRIDGE 2nd Generation CPU!
  • 8GB DDR3 RAM (16gb Max) - 1333MHz Fast Access Branded RAM
  • 500gb Sata III Hard Drive, 7200RPM, excellent performance and silent operation
  • DVDRW +/- DL, high quality DVD re-writeable drive, dual layer support, fast and reliable
  • High Performance Asus Motherboard featuring both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 and good upgradability (ASUS P8H61-MLE USB3)
  • NVidia GTX560Ti Performance Video Card, 1.0g GDDR5 RAM, VGA/DVi/HDMi support

For an amazing £500

That'll work just fine.

That'll work just fine.

I just bought it now, great stuff!

P.S. Lol Monster, you are random :P

You did the right thing man, you get so much more gaming performance with Intel than AMD these days, that should run it on very high, my pc has a weaker CPU than that and it does anyway.

I serioisly LOL'd at the price for that xD

You did the right thing man, you get so much more gaming performance with Intel than AMD these days, that should run it on very high, my pc has a weaker CPU than that and it does anyway.

Yeah man, I took advice and stayed well away from AMD and Bulldozers, thanks alot for the heads up! I'm super hyped now! :D

I serioisly LOL'd at the price for that xD

Because it's so cheap or because you can make it for £300 with your own parts? :o

Just checked ebuyer and the listed parts cost more than what you paid. I am sure that it is possible to go elsewhere, such as Ebay, and find cheaper parts but it shows that you was not ripped off (unless the parts provided are refurbished or not as good as those shown below).

The price also does not include a case and power supply. What power supply is included? I strongly recommend:

- Buy a second 10cm case fan (most likely it will only come with 1), front fan sucks air in and the back fan pushes air out.

- Buy a good PSU if it isn't already included. This is a typical one. If the PSU fails it is very likely to damage all of the rest of the PC, which would mean you have to spend 500 pounds again.

post-27354-0-88739100-1342584871_thumb.j

Edited by thisisbleep

Just checked ebuyer and the listed parts cost more than what you paid. I am sure that it is possible to go elsewhere, such as Ebay, and find cheaper parts but it shows that you was not ripped off (unless the parts provided are refurbished or not as good as those shown below).

The price also does not include a case and power supply. What power supply is included? I strongly recommend:

- Buy a second 10cm case fan (most likely it will only come with 1), front fan sucks air in and the back fan pushes air out.

- Buy a good PSU if it isn't already included. This is a typical one. If the PSU fails it is very likely to damage all of the rest of the PC, which would mean you have to spend 500 pounds again.

Thanks man but I already went with this BEAUTY! :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Gaming-Computer-i7-2600k-8GB-DDR3-GTX-560Ti-500GB-WIFI-Asus-PC-1-Yr-Warranty-/130722334016?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopPCs&hash=item1e6fa88540