jonnerz

40% OFF SALE | Premium DayZ Server Hosting | Host Altitude (Ltd)

Alrighty, so my server is setup all nice and good. My friends are playing on it now, but there is no number after the country code. It just says US (v1.7.2.4/Beta 95417)... Is this against the rules to leave it like that?

Just send in a ticket and it will be fixed.

Just send in a ticket and it will be fixed.

I've found response time much faster today and yesterday, mmmmm.

We currently have 0 pending tickets and just a handful of servers to create (will be up shortly).

The vast majority of tickets have been responded too within a few hours at the most. Some may take longer depending on if our staff can answer them or need to escalate them to management.

Our average response time today has been 45 minutes. The day before was 1 hour. I can safely say our support is back to it's amazing standards! Our orders will also be instant from Tuesday now that we have no back log.

We currently have 0 pending tickets and just a handful of servers to create (will be up shortly).

The vast majority of tickets have been responded too within a few hours at the most. Some may take longer depending on if our staff can answer them or need to escalate them to management.

Our average response time today has been 45 minutes. The day before was 1 hour. I can safely say our support is back to it's amazing standards! Our orders will also be instant from Tuesday now that we have no back log.

I call bullshit. 36+ hours to respond to a ticket, until I put another one in threatening a dispute via paypal.

I call bullshit. 36+ hours to respond to a ticket, until I put another one in threatening a dispute via paypal.

As I said above:

Yours would have been of those not inside the vast majority as it had to be seen by management (me in this case). I was away last night which is why your ticket was not responded too in good time. Apart from that one wait, your replies were answered within minutes. The dispute does not affect response time at all, your ticket was flagged to me prior to your threat and I answered it the moment I read it.

Edited by Jonnerz

Yeah well currently I asked them to add in the new scripts.txt and got response in about 5minutes and the update within about 15minutes. I'd say its better from before when it used to take 20 hours.

I want to leave a review of my experience I had with their hosting service. I purchased a managed server a few days ago and while it did take a bit over 24 hours to get the server up I was happy with the service. Unfortunately it was not exactly what I was looking for (it was my mistake for not researching enough and realizing i needed a VPS) so I cancelled my server. Within an hour or two of sending the ticket to cancel my server I had an email in my box with a receipt for my refund. I will however use them again once they have more VPS options in stock.

As I said above:

Yours would have been of those not inside the vast majority as it had to be seen by management (me in this case). I was away last night which is why your ticket was not responded too in good time. Apart from that one wait, your replies were answered within minutes. The dispute does not affect response time at all, your ticket was flagged to me prior to your threat and I answered it the moment I read it.

Just find it funny how the SIMPLEST things will take your company 24+ hours. Changing a IP on the VPS? 30+ hours waiting now. Oh and because you were too lazy to change it, we got nulled by DC because of the DDoS's; best part? No refunds for YOUR fuck ups.

Just find it funny how the SIMPLEST things will take your company 24+ hours. Changing a IP on the VPS? 30+ hours waiting now. Oh and because you were too lazy to change it, we got nulled by DC because of the DDoS's; best part? No refunds for YOUR fuck ups.

Changing an IP is not simple. For starters, I am the only one who can manually change VPS IPs at the moment. Secondly, we had to wait for a free IP which was due to open up today, it wasn't actually free until much later in the day and I was not on in the evening. Yes, I failed to mention this to you and I am really sorry.

As for the no refunds, we don't refund customers who get DDoSed 3+ times a day by someone who is specifically targeting you. No one refunds for this I'm not sure why you think we would. I've explained this to you many times.

Edited by Jonnerz

Changing an IP is not simple. For starters, I am the only one who can manually change VPS IPs at the moment. Secondly, we had to wait for a free IP which was due to open up today, it wasn't actually free until much later in the day and I was not on in the evening. Yes, I failed to mention this to you and I am really sorry.

As for the no refunds, we don't refund customers who get DDoSed 3+ times a day by someone who is specifically targeting you. No one refunds for this I'm not sure why you think we would. I've explained this to you many times.

So the fact we've been down over 40hrs (Due to your shit support) is our fault?

It isn't rocket science to tell a DC to un null us.

Real good chance we wont be continuing our service after this month, we're paying you to sit on your ass and do nothing.

Funny how you say the IP became available, but we still don't have it.

EDIT: Anyone considering this company, be prepared to waste money almost on a daily basis :)

Edited by HunterBoy

So the fact we've been down over 40hrs (Due to your shit support) is our fault?

It isn't rocket science to tell a DC to un null us.

Real good chance we wont be continuing our service after this month, we're paying you to sit on your ass and do nothing.

Funny how you say the IP became available, but we still don't have it.

EDIT: Anyone considering this company, be prepared to waste money almost on a daily basis :)

You are being DDoSed several times a day, it's standard practice for a DC to null-route the IP being attacked. These are high PPS attacks and can cause network issues for other customers in the DC. You are causing us more damage than you think. We've been working on getting an IP available for you but we had to discuss if it was worth it: If the attacker can find the new IP with ease then there is no point as the same issue will happen again. Your server being DDoSed is NOT our fault and the fact you know who is doing it and it's directed personally at you means we are not to blame for anything. Feel free to cancel at the end of the month as you have caused other customers problems too.

In reply to your "edit", you are on a legacy VPS option. Only 4 other customers have a VPS in the same DC and no new customers will ever be put on your same type of hosting. Our new line of VPS will better cope with this as they are based in another DC (these are not out yet but will be soon). This means no new customer's VPS will be as sensitive to DDoS attacks.

Edited by Jonnerz

You are being DDoSed several times a day, it's standard practice for a DC to null-route the IP being attacked. These are high PPS attacks and can cause network issues for other customers in the DC. You are causing us more damage than you think. We've been working on getting an IP available for you but we had to discuss if it was worth it: If the attacker can find the new IP with ease then there is no point as the same issue will happen again. Your server being DDoSed is NOT our fault and the fact you know who is doing it and it's directed personally at you means we are not to blame for anything. Feel free to cancel at the end of the month as you have caused other customers problems too.

In reply to your "edit", you are on a legacy VPS option. Only 4 other customers have a VPS in the same DC and no new customers will ever be put on your same type of hosting. Our new line of VPS will better cope with this as they are based in another DC (these are not out yet but will be soon). This means no new customer's VPS will be as sensitive to DDoS attacks.

We will be terminating your service and refunding you 50% of your last payment. You are causing too many issues for other customers as you can't seem to resolve the DDoS attack. We will un-null your IP and you will have until the next DDoS to save your data.

-----------

Jonathan L.

Management Team

Thats how you resolve this huh?

You wont even un-null us to let me talk to the guy DDoSing us so their is no way I can resolve it.

Think of it like this, if you cancel our serivce you have 0 chance of stopping the DDoS attacks, do you really think he's gonna stop when he wont even know we no longer use your service?

Instead

Edited by HunterBoy

Yes it's how we are resolving it. You are causing many problems for other customers. I've given you many chances to try and resolve the issue but we just receive abuse from you in the majority of tickets. The fact I am giving you a 50% refund for this is extremely rare and I can tell you now that no other host would be so generous. Feel free to use another provider who can offer better protection or simply wait for our new line of VPS. Our hosting is not suited for your needs right now.

We won't be using the IP for a couple of weeks so I'm sure this script kiddie will get bored by then. I don't see why someone would be DDoSing you several times a day for at least 3 days without having any reason to or not even knowing your server is still active. I'm not sure what you are hosting on your VPS to attract such people.

Edited by Jonnerz

Yes it's how we are resolving it. You are causing many problems for other customers. I've given you many chances to try and resolve the issue but we just receive abuse from you in the majority of tickets. The fact I am giving you a 50% refund for this is extremely rare and I can tell you now that no other host would be so generous. Feel free to use another provider who can offer better protection or simply wait for our new line of VPS. Our hosting is not suited for your needs right now.

We won't be using the IP for a couple of weeks so I'm sure this script kiddie will get bored by then. I don't see why someone would be DDoSing you several times a day for at least 3 days without having any reason to or not even knowing your server is still active. I'm not sure what you are hosting on your VPS to attract such people.

DayZ. So many script kiddies.

I ordered a server last night out of Dallas and it still says pending can i get an ETA so the guys who sent me the money have an idea.

Order # 3422836672

Edited by Crazzie

Hi Guys,

I purchased a server and it was up the next day which was a pretty decent turn around, the only problem is nobody can connect to it. We can get in to the lobby but the game sticks at loading for everyone? I have raised a ticket which is #790394, please could someone take a look?

Thanks

I just put a ticket to find out whats going on as its been just over 24 hours no ip or anything yet.

Still says pending in the loggin area.

Ticket Created #274995

Edited by Crazzie
  • Like 1

At the 48 hour mark now, and still pending.

No response to ticket last night yet.

Seriously considering putting a billing dispute to get money back.

I dont mind 24 - 48 hours but any more raises many concerns here.

• Like 1

Posted a ticket 6 hours ago after our server went down unexpectedly (not a scheduled reset.) Current server status is "Unknown" and we can't start it back up. Host Altitude still hasn't given me a SINGLE response to my ticket. Is there anyone even working over there? I've had a server with them for less than 2 weeks. Is random, extended downtime a common thing with these guys? The support isn't very impressive AT ALL. High Priority tickets are a joke. Any recommendations on a hosting alternative?

Edited by LostIt1278

They're having a hard enough time supporting the servers they have and you want them to add more? roflmao

18+ Hours now and Host Altitude hasn't sent me a SINGLE response to my Ticket. Server is still down. It took them THREE DAYS to set it up. It only took the 5 minutes to take my money. Support is completely non-existent with this company/kid's basement. What a joke. If you can't handle the customers/servers you have STOP ADDING MORE!

2012-08-25 16:02

Server went DOWN on it's own at 5:55pm EST. Now the status is "unknown"? I hope this is something you guys are doing to upgrade/maintain the server. Information on why this happened, if known, and an ETA, if possible, would be greatly appreciated.

I was in the server at the time it went down. I am the only admin on this server. Thank you.

2012-08-25 16:04

Forgot to mention this is a DayZ server and there is no "Start" option available on the Control Panel.

Thank you.

2012-08-25 16:09

Now the Control Panel on your site is returning an error and not loading at all.

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

2012-08-25 17:35

It's been over an hour and a half and I haven't heard ANYTHING from you. My server is TOTALLY useless at the moment (on a Saturday night no less.) I've had this server for less than 2 weeks and I already have over an hour down time that I was never notified would happen. I'm guessing (because I haven't heard anything from you) that you didn't shut it down for maintenance and I'm also guessing (because I haven't heard anything from you) that nothing is being done to fix it. I'm trying to be optimistic about this but I'm not getting any help from you as far as I can tell. If my server is not up before the weekend is over I WILL cancel my account and inform others about me experiences. Please help if there is even anyone there.

2012-08-25 17:47

The control panel is working; as much as it can work with the DayZ server totally offline.

2012-08-25 18:21

After reading MANY forum posts about HostAltitude/DayZHosting I realize that your company isn't that big and you get overwhelmed sometimes. Not sure if you are experiencing heavy Ticket counts but I appreciate the help. FYI my server is still in Status: Unknown. Looking forward to a fix. Thank you.

2012-08-25 20:09

4 Hours and not a single clue as to what is going on? Is High Priority meaningless? My friends and I all work during the week. We can usually only manage all get together to game on the weekends. This is very frustrating that our NEW server is down on 1 of the few days we can play. What is going on over there? Anyone?!?!?!?!? I feel like the hosting is going on in some kids basement and he's in bed! lol Alright, thanks for the help guys...

2012-08-25 21:52

You're really going to let 6 hours go by without sending me a single bit of info on what is going on? HEY KID. WAKE UP. Tell mommy and daddy you need to earn the money I am paying you.

2012-08-25 21:53

This really is ridiculously horrible support.

2012-08-26 10:24

WTF guys. 18+ Hours and you still haven't done ANYTHING to help me. You took my money on Aug.14. It took you THREE DAYS to set up my server. It wasn't up until the 17th. Now my server goes down unexpectedly because of something on YOUR END and you guys blow me off like you don't give a crap. I've posted on the DayZ forums about the lack off support from you guys. I've already gotten messages from other hosts apologizing for my current host (YOU!) and offering me discounts to go with them. At this rate I will be asking for a refund and going else where which seems to be what you want. I really can't believe the COMPLETE LACK OF PROFESSIONALISM. You are obviously understaffed or under qualified. Either way, not the type of business I want to deal with. Good luck fixing my server I doubt it will be done anytime soon. I'll ask for my refund shortly.

Thanks to you, a less than 2 week customer.

Edited by LostIt1278
  • Like 1

Our server is back online after 22 hours downtime. THANK YOU for getting it back up. I still haven't received a single response to my ticket other than my server being back up. I would still like to know what caused this 22 hour downtime. That's over 10% of the time we've had the server. Hopefully this isn't a regular issue. Thanks again for getting it back up.