jonnerz

40% OFF SALE | Premium DayZ Server Hosting | Host Altitude (Ltd)

Hey was just wondering what time my server would go up, ordered sometime last night, order 7257917725.

Thanks.

Holla, since the last update my server doesn't show up in the ingame server list!?

Is there any Problem with that?

Let’s get started with my review.. This is my personal experience and thoughts, things may have changed now. I don't know.

So I purchased a 40 slot server for DayZ in NY from “Host Altitude” on the 31st of July, their ETA said July 31st for NYC servers. After purchasing I didn’t get my server right away, fine by me I understand setup times etc. So I am patient and wait for 24 hours.

Aug 1st :

I get an email for my CP, I’m all stoked, I login to stop my server and update it etc., I can’t start my server. It just said (Status: Error, slots 0/0). All of a sudden the CP goes down about 10 minutes later, (cp.dayzhosting.com), so I put in a support ticket, no response for 24 hours. Their CP is basically down until about 1 AM EST. (GMT-4, tried periodically through the day)

Aug 2nd :

I never received and email for my ticket, I had to manually check that it had been responded to. Someone did responded, Notice, This ticket went up 1st August 2012 08:58, I Got my response 2nd August 2012 05:31. Not a full 24 hours but pretty damn close to it. In this ticket it literally says this:

“Control Panel is now back online.

Thanks for your patients”

Okay? First of all what patients? Did you mean patience? Why did you go down? What do I tell my friends/community? Unbelievable who is working for you that can’t even spell?

Anyway, I login to the CP, to find my server up and running it has been assigned a PID etc. Okay, cool so I shut down I reupdate the OA build 95417 + DayZ 1.7.2.4 + Hive 0.7.2 + BE update. It says it was all done, I go to start my server, it starts and when I tried to join (along with many others), I get the “This server is running an incorrect version of the server side application, you cannot play on this server, if you are the server admin please contact DayZ Staff”.

Then, I try to troubleshoot it by using the older 95389 build and even manually updating the server by downloading the latest zip for DayZ via FTP, just to find out that they don’t allow .dll’s to be uploaded, I search around the ftp for the dynamic link libs for @hive and MySQL, I am not the server admin so I don’t know if I have been restricted from seeing it, but on their website it says server.cfg is restricted and I can access it via FTP/CP, but I couldn’t find the DLLs. I don’t know if DayZ requires these things but it was in the zip I received. I also checked the logs for possible reason while I was at it and everyone who joins my server basically gets one of these: “Player X: Wrong Signature for file Y.”

5:58:56 X uses modified data file

5:58:56 Player X connecting.

5:58:56 Player X: Wrong signature for file c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\expansion\addons\characters_e.pbo

5:58:57 Player X: Wrong signature for file c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\expansion\addons\desert_e.pbo

5:58:57 Player X: Wrong signature for file c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\expansion\addons\dubbingradio_e.pbo

5:58:57 Player X: Wrong signature for file c:\program files

… list goes on and on. It’s about 5mb of this.

Also, I see no updates on the forums/website saying that you may experience downtime for any new customers or any possible reasoning as to why things aren’t working. I feel they leave you out in the dark. This is a managed server I am paying for I should not have to troubleshoot your problems for you by checking logs that you should be checking, or uploading files that you should already have. If I had wanted to do any of this I would have paid for an unmanaged VDS.

I have been renting/purchasing managed/unmanaged servers for multiple purposes since 2001 and honestly this is the worst company I have ever seen in terms of ETA’s, support and response times. I can’t even rate their server performance because they can’t even get things running.

Host Altitude says if you are an unhappy customer to refund with them, they will be happy to refund you.

Edited by sluth0e

We are currently short staffed again as a member of staff went away without any notice. We are a small company and so this has had a huge impact on support times. If you are not happy by all means make a ticket and we will refund you, until Monday this may take up to 24-48 hours at the very most. There is no need to create a dispute or contact your bank as is that will only delay things longer. We are more than happy to refund customers who are unhappy with our service, we are not monsters.

Customer service will be back to normal by Monday and we aim to answer all current tickets by tonight. Phone support is not fully operational.

We admit times have been tough. Since we started offering dayz some weeks have been good and a couple have been poor. I can promise that this will be the last bump in our customer support and set up times. Once customer service is back to normal we will also be setting our instant server setup system live.

We know what we are doing, we were the first company to host/donate servers for the DayZ team and have been doing so since DayZ went public. Some of our staff may be a little inaccurate with some problems but training is not instant and can take time. Please also let me know if our staff have not made sense or have poor English as this needs to be rectified. All our staff are either in the UK or USA.

Let’s get started with my review..

So I purchased a 40 slot server for DayZ in NY from “Host Altitude” on the 31st of July, their ETA said July 31st for NYC servers. After purchasing I didn’t get my server right away, fine by me I understand setup times etc. So I am patient and wait for 24 hours.

Aug 1st :

I get an email for my CP, if you can call their pathetic control panel a control panel. Regardless I’m all stoked, I login to stop my server and update it etc., I can’t start my server. It just said (Status: Error, slots 0/0). All of a sudden the CP goes down about 10 minutes later, (cp.dayzhosting.com), so I put in a support ticket, no response for 24 hours. Their CP is basically down until about 1 AM EST. (GMT-4, tried periodically through the day)

Aug 2nd :

I never received and email for my ticket, I had to manually check that it had been responded to. Someone did responded, Notice, This ticket went up 1st August 2012 08:58, I Got my response 2nd August 2012 05:31. Not a full 24 hours but pretty damn close to it. In this ticket it literally says this: (attached screenshot)

Okay? First of all what patients? Did you mean patience? Why did you go down? What do I tell my friends/community? Unbelievable who is working for you that can’t even spell?

Anyway, I login to the CP, to find my server up and running it has been assigned a PID etc. Okay, cool so I shut down I reupdate the OA build 95417 + DayZ 1.7.2.4 + Hive 0.7.2 + BE update. It says it was all done, I go to start my server, it starts and when I tried to join (along with many others), I get the “This server is running an incorrect version of the server side application, you cannot play on this server, if you are the server admin please contact DayZ Staff”.

Then, I try to troubleshoot it by using the older 95389 build and even manually updating the server by downloading the latest zip for DayZ via FTP, just to find out that they don’t allow .dll’s to be uploaded, I search around the ftp for the dynamic link libs for @hive and MySQL, I am not the server admin so I don’t know if I have been restricted from seeing it, but on their website it says server.cfg is restricted and I can access it via FTP/CP, but I couldn’t find the DLLs. I don’t know if DayZ requires these things but it was in the zip I received. I also checked the logs for possible reason while I was at it and everyone who joins my server basically gets one of these: “Player X: Wrong Signature for file Y.”

Also, I see no updates on the forums/website saying that you m

The way I see it, they don’t know how to run ARMA(2)/DayZ servers, I have been renting/purchasing managed/unmanaged s?

If your thinking of buying from Host Altitude. consider the equation:

Host Altitude = Epic Fail Host.

To people who have bought from Host Altitude: File your dispute via PayPal, get your money back, these guys don't know how to run servers. if you went CC and paid directly with CC cancel your CC, call your bank let them know.

To Owner:

I gave your support team a grace period of 24 hours to get my server up and running with possible causes stated in the ticket for this issue and they still haven’t responded, has anyone even read it? Probably not. I mentioned that I would stick with you if I got my downtime compensated, and its Aug 3rd 13:28 now, no response. Ticket went up Aug 2nd at 08:20. Yup, this is day 3 with no service and day 4 with my money. Seems a bit unfair, I wait one more day and your ToS for refunds nulls me. Regardless, I’m going through PayPal for this. Ungrateful pathetic company, also hire some people who know English for your support. LOL @ customer loving tag in DayZ. Get Real. stop looking at a fake reality. rm -rf / your servers. kthxbai.

I am extremely sorry for the service you have received. You ordered at the the worse possible time and I can't be sorry enough for our service during this time. We were very short staffed when you ordered and have been trying to catch up since then.

You simply need to make a ticket and we will refund you, like I said it may take up to 24-48 hours due to further staff shortages until Monday but you will definitely get refunded. We have always refunded customers who have been unhappy and your advice to 'create a dispute or contact your bank' is very unhelpful. Creating a dispute will take 10-20 days to resolve as I am the only one who can deal with this, not our billing/support staff who can process refund requests over tickets only. As said above we are very experienced with hosting DayZ servers and were the first ever company or person to donate servers to the DayZ team which we actually still do (free of charge).

Some new staff are still learning and DayZ being in alpha takes a lot of time to get your head around errors. All our staff are based in either the UK or USA. Any spelling mistakes are probably caused by us being over stretched and lack of sleep, I am sorry about them and this will be hopefully improved my the start of next week.

Edited by Jonnerz

My server just wen't down and came up after a minute or so.

Was there a crash or any other reason for it?

Phone support isn't operational because YOU'VE HUNG UP ON ME 15 TIMES IN THE LAST 2 DAYS. Either I call your support and I get a voicemail, or it rings non stop, or you just hang up. My tickets have gone over 36 HOURS with no reply, you wont reply to anything. Not even phone calls. I'm disputing my payment within 4 hours because IM PAYING FOR SOMETHING I CANT EVEN USE?! This is really the worst possible customer service I have EVER dealt with. I wouldn't recommend this company if my life depended on it. The worst part is, I ordered the unmanaged VPS so basically all I need is a damn password so I can get my crap up and running on my own (Dont need to because its all already setup but still) Call to +442081337627, duration 00:02. < Nice hang up. If I don't get a reply in 4 hours you'll lose a lot more then one customer, I have several friends that use your company and are equally unsatisfied. I don't see how customers are being treated with such ignorance, don't have so many guarantees on your site because you cant even follow through with ONE of the guarantees let alone all of them. I understand setup times MAY take some time, but not in my case considering I'm using a VPS that we already had everything setup on. I've tried to have patience, and be as calm as possible but I'm completely pissed off with this company.

Edited by HunterBoy

Phone support isn't operational because YOU'VE HUNG UP ON ME 15 TIMES IN THE LAST 2 DAYS. Either I call your support and I get a voicemail, or it rings non stop, or you just hang up. My tickets have gone over 36 HOURS with no reply, you wont reply to anything. Not even phone calls. I'm disputing my payment within 4 hours because IM PAYING FOR SOMETHING I CANT EVEN USE?! This is really the worst possible customer service I have EVER dealt with. I wouldn't recommend this company if my life depended on it. The worst part is, I ordered the unmanaged VPS so basically all I need is a damn password so I can get my crap up and running on my own (Dont need to because its all already setup but still) Call to +442081337627, duration 00:02. < Nice hang up. If I don't get a reply in 4 hours you'll lose a lot more then one customer, I have several friends that use your company and are equally unsatisfied. I don't see how customers are being treated with such ignorance, don't have so many guarantees on your site because you cant even follow through with ONE of the guarantees let alone all of them. I understand setup times MAY take some time, but not in my case considering I'm using a VPS that we already had everything setup on. I've tried to have patience, and be as calm as possible but I'm completely pissed off with this company.

Please read the post I made a few replies up as this explains pretty much everything you said. Please don't dispute your payment, just create a ticket to BILLING asking for a refund and we will process it for you. A PayPal dispute will take much longer as only I can deal with these, not any of our billing staff.

I am once again really sorry for your service and it seems you ordered during a rough time for us. We've let a lot of customers down. I can only promise now that our customer support will be back to normal at the start of next week. I'll also use this reply to remind customers that phone support should only be used in emergencies and is not always avaliable. We note this on our contact us page and don't promise any reliable support through our phone number. Tickets are the best way to contact us.

I'd also like to add I am not happy with how we have let customers down so far. We honestly love our customers and do genuinely feel upset when situations like this arise. We want the best for you. Things will only be UP from here and your comments and reviews will all be used only to improve on our services.

Edited by Jonnerz

Please read the post I made a few replies up as this explains pretty much everything you said. Please don't dispute your payment, just create a ticket to BILLING asking for a refund and we will process it for you. A PayPal dispute will take much longer as only I can deal with these, not any of our billing staff.

I am once again really sorry for your service and it seems you ordered during a rough time for us. We've let a lot of customers down. I can only promise now that our customer support will be back to normal at the start of next week.

My payment is being disputed if I don't get my password. As I said in the PM, it doesn't take a huge support team to send a 3 second email with a password in it. 2 Hours and I'll be canceling my shit, this is insane.

Considering its a unmanaged VPS your claims of lack of support staff is the funniest part, HOW DO YOU NEED SUPPORT STAFF IF ITS UNMANAGED AND I DO EVERYTHING ON IT?

Oh sorry I forgot, you need A HUGE team to get the password and send it. I tried my hardest to stay calm and keep my cool in this situation, but its impossible. I'd get better customer service calling Dell and getting a bunch of people from a country that don't speak english.

"Dont dispute your payment" LOL, I wont if you give me what I paid for.

Edited by HunterBoy

My payment is being disputed if I don't get my password. As I said in the PM, it doesn't take a huge support team to send a 3 second email with a password in it. 2 Hours and I'll be canceling my shit, this is insane.

Considering its a unmanaged VPS your claims of lack of support staff is the funniest part, HOW DO YOU NEED SUPPORT STAFF IF ITS UNMANAGED AND I DO EVERYTHING ON IT?

Oh sorry I forgot, you need A HUGE team to get the password and send it. I tried my hardest to stay calm and keep my cool in this situation, but its impossible. I'd get better customer service calling Dell and getting a bunch of people from a country that don't speak english.

We currently get about 100-200 support tickets a day. These range from customers requiring a password or requesting details about our services. Whilst it may take 3 seconds for us to fix your problem, we have a large amount of support requests that were made before yours. We like to be fair and answer these in order of time waiting. I can't personally look into your problem now as I am about to have no internet access for 2-3 hours, I will however let our staff know.

Disputing your payment will only delay a refund for 10-20 days. I'm not asking you to not dispute it for reputation reasons, I'm asking you to request a refund through a much quicker and more convenient route. If you make a ticket to billing like I said above we will refund you within the next 24 hours.

Edited by Jonnerz
  • Like 1

We currently get about 100-200 support tickets a day. These range from customers requiring a password or requesting details about our services. Whilst it may take 3 seconds for us to fix your problem, we have a large amount of support requests that were made before yours. We like to be fair and answer these in order of time waiting. I can't personally look into your problem now as I am about to have no internet access for 2-3 hours, I will however let our staff know.

Disputing your payment will only delay a refund for 10-20 days. I'm not asking you to not dispute it for reputation reasons, I'm asking you to request a refund through a much quicker and more convenient route. If you make a ticket to billing like I said above we will refund you within the next 24 hours.

Quicker? LOL. You can reply on DayZ forums, but you cant send a email. Do you realize how stupid you make your company look? Oh and btw 100-200 a day? Just told me 60 a day via PM do you even know how many you get?

I'll give it a lil before a dispute, but its insane I'm paying for something I cant even use in any way shape or form. Sure you could 'refund' my days, but when we cant even get replies to support tickets I dont see this happening. If you took half the time to read support tickets that you did on the dayz forums you'd have a lot more satisfied customers.

Before this month, the service was great. VPS ran like god, now its just a big bunch of bullshit mixed into one.

Edited by HunterBoy

Quicker? LOL. You can reply on DayZ forums, but you cant send a email. Do you realize how stupid you make your company look? Oh and btw 100-200 a day? Just told me 60 a day via PM do you even know how many you get? Or how to run this company? Because your doing a shit job. Sure disputing my payment will take awhile to refund, but I'll get another company within 24 hrs easily, and be setup before you 'get internet' which you obviously have because YOUR ON THE FUCKING DAYZ FORUMS

You should take a chill pill.

You can easily get access to the forums on a phone.

You already want to cancel, I don't understand why you keep posting. It is a small business and its not like they have staff at every location. You should take into consideration how small business work. Some days you get what you can handle. Some days you get overloaded. You can't simply staff more people just because a few days have been super busy.

So i suggest you chill out and just take your money elsewhere and stop berating him. No, I don't know Jonnerz and Yes i have a server with them. I have dealt with bad customer service with them. People these days have such little patience.

You should take a chill pill.

You can easily get access to the forums on a phone.

You already want to cancel, I don't understand why you keep posting. It is a small business and its not like they have staff at every location. You should take into consideration how small business work. Some days you get what you can handle. Some days you get overloaded. You can't simply staff more people just because a few days have been super busy.

So i suggest you chill out and just take your money elsewhere and stop berating him. No, I don't know Jonnerz and Yes i have a server with them. I have dealt with bad customer service with them. People these days have such little patience.

When your guaranteed by a company something, and they do the opposite while your paying its irritating.

When your guaranteed by a company something, and they do the opposite while your paying its irritating.

Yeah I agree. I thought I had instant setup too but it took a few days. If anything id request a grace period of the days it takes until your next payment is due. The performance on these managed servers are great. I understand you bought a VPS. Yes they need to work on communication to their customers but that is something you learn along the way. With new hires and as a business. As you can see he does care. Which is more than most companies.

Yeah I agree. I thought I had instant setup too but it took a few days. If anything id request a grace period of the days it takes until your next payment is due. The performance on these managed servers are great. I understand you bought a VPS. Yes they need to work on communication to their customers but that is something you learn along the way. With new hires and as a business. As you can see he does care. Which is more than most companies.

I'm glad you at least see where I'm coming from, this rage wasn't when I didnt get a reply in a day. This has been FOUR days waiting for it to come up. Personally I don't like the idea of 'managed' servers, I like to do things my way. Which is why I got the VPS because I can then do what I need to do with it. But just them compensating for the days we cant use our stuff, I don't feel thats enough. In the REAL world with REAL companies when guarantees are broken you get compensation + some for the irritation and bullshit cause by them. Especially considering every day counts when our server runs completely off donations.

Edited by HunterBoy

I'm glad you at least see where I'm coming from, this rage wasn't when I didnt get a reply in a day. This has been FOUR days waiting for it to come up. Personally I don't like the idea of 'managed' servers, I like to do things my way. Which is why I got the VPS because I can then do what I need to do with it. But just them compensating for the days we cant use our stuff, I don't feel thats enough. In the REAL world with REAL companies when guarantees are broken you get compensation + some for the irritation and bullshit cause by them. Especially considering every day counts when our server runs completely off donations.

Well four days is quite long but do understand this too. They usually don't have servers on the rack ready to go. I am assuming the process is something like. You place your order > Company then sends order to the data center > Depending on how busy the DC is, Installs the server on the rack > Tells company server is installed and gives info > Company Relays this to you.

So if you have both the DC and Hosting Company slammed. It could get backlogged for awhile. Again I dont know exactly how it works. I am sorry you had a terrible experience and correct me if I am wrong you are taking your money elsewhere.

At least one thing we can agree on is. They need to improve communication.

edit: I don't speak for this company just so no one is confused.

Edited by Hashisx

Well four days is quite long but do understand this too. They usually don't have servers on the rack ready to go. I am assuming the process is something like. You place your order > Company then sends order to the data center > Depending on how busy the DC is, Installs the server on the rack > Tells company server is installed and gives info > Company Relays this to you.

So if you have both the DC and Hosting Company slammed. It could get backlogged for awhile. Again I dont know exactly how it works. I am sorry you had a terrible experience and correct me if I am wrong you are taking your money elsewhere.

At least one thing we can agree on is. They need to improve communication.

edit: I don't speak for this company just so no one is confused.

I understand you don't speak for them.

Now they just cancelled my VPS.. Nice.

Now to send anooooooother ticket...

I understand you don't speak for them.

Now they just cancelled my VPS.. Nice.

Now to send anooooooother ticket...

I thought you wanted it cancelled?

Like I said we happily compensate customers that are unhappy, whether you want a full refund or you want your billing date pushed forward to compensate on missed days we do it. Simply create a ticket to billing it will be done within 24 hours.

I am currently using my phone as I'm away from my PC for this evening. Our support staff are reading this forum.

HunterBoy when I said we had 60 tickets that was how many we had at that time. We got 100-200 tickets a day. Unfortunately I can't log into the program we use for VPS hosting on my phone to recover your pass but I believe a staff member is sorting this out for you. You made a large amount of tickets requesting different things, our support checked your latest ticket which was requesting a refund which was why you were refunded. Your files are still Herr so we will resume your VPS and recover the password which you forgot or changed. Sorry for any misunderstandings.

Edited by Jonnerz

Hey was just wondering what time my server would go up, ordered sometime last night, order 7257917725.

Thanks.

did you ever get an eta?

OK JONNERZ, IM TIRED OF ALWAYS HAVING THE SAME EXCUSES... HOW ABOUT YOUR COMPANY STOP SELLING SERVERS IF THEY CANT PROVIDE A DECENT SUPPORT??

off course youre having tons of tickets per day to attend, by selling 500 without having enough staff, you will never let your customers satisfied.

i dont know if you are in charge or not, maybe its not even your fault, but can you at least inform your superior what is going on here? because its very frustrating when you pay for a service and you dont get what was pomissed, we must agree on that. and i've been complaining about the same thing over a month.

now can you please check my ticket? #130711

Like I said we happily compensate customers that are unhappy, whether you want a full refund or you want your billing date pushed forward to compensate on missed days we do it. Simply create a ticket to billing it will be done within 24 hours.

I am currently using my phone as I'm away from my PC for this evening. Our support staff are reading this forum.

HunterBoy when I said we had 60 tickets that was how many we had at that time. We got 100-200 tickets a day. Unfortunately I can't log into the program we use for VPS hosting on my phone to recover your pass but I believe a staff member is sorting this out for you. You made a large amount of tickets requesting different things, our support checked your latest ticket which was requesting a refund which was why you were refunded. Your files are still Herr so we will resume your VPS and recover the password which you forgot or changed. Sorry for any misunderstandings.

The password you changed* but okay. They requested the old password from the old owner of the VPS but I knew the old one so I sent it in hoping it would help :/

I'm assuming the servers are out of stock? Purchased the standard server about 9 hours ago and it's still pending.

Day 3 after paying I still haven't gotten my password to the VPS.

Waiting to see how they think they can make up for this 'wonderful service'

ok so i ordered my server on august 1st. (ordered in New york) so i waited 24h and i though my server would be up by then. but i check and it still said pending so i submitted a ticket to them asking them to turn my server on so i waited 24hrs again and then i got a reply Saying (Extremely sorry about the delay, I'm currently working on getting New York servers up and running.) ok fair enough i will wait 24 more hrs so i waited and then i look on there twitter and i saw that they said on there twitter that new york location would be up with in 12hrs so i check in the morning thinking my server would be up by now and it still says pending and then i looked on there twitter and there was this (We're out of stock and expect to have all locations available on Monday.) ok what the fuck so i buy a server on august first and then you say your out of stock and i wont be able to have my server till Monday probably not even then.

Edit: dont know why some of the text is invisible you can hi light it all though

Edited by nicksauser