Sign in to follow this  
qual

location help

Hi all,

mates just got dayz and ive been alive for quite a while, i had some random thing where when i rejoined a server i was in a baronless place i ran for about half hour and found some trees etc then got attacked by a zombie soilder,

moved on and found some cow barns and increasing farm style places, i dont know where i am, but theres like a tower thing with a gold ball on top , anyone help on my location so i can head towards my friend , also power lines running through, are they on the map so i could use them as direction,

first time ever i have gun,ammo,water, a little food and a knife, but im feeling a little lonely and down to 9k blood! would like to pass some kit over before i die,

its finally making sense now, so those new guys struggling , keep keep at it, first time i found some proper stuff was amazing, still only got basics but feels a whole lot better!

Adam

Hehe, I remember my first day in DayZ, I walked around for 3 hours before I found my first weapon. Then died 5 minutes after I found it, was very frustrating. After a few days you know where to look for certain things and it all gets a lot easier. ^^

Dayz wiki has a nice map. When I start a new character Ill look for landmarks to find out where I am. If you're stuck somewhere find the nearest town and then go look at the map online.

qual, soldier zombies mean you were near a deerstand or less probably near a military object or crashsite. You need to find the powergrids, roads with curve or even better, count building at either side of a settlement you've seen.

Then just post the screens of the road or a settlement. I could aid you to get your location, but I have not much time.

cheers fellas! sounds exciting, probably wont last much longer, thing is when i aborted out the game last time i was right down near the coast then when i rejoined server im all the way up near airfiled, oh weel not complaning, im holding my own just!!