andy_uk15@hotmail.com

The REAL cause of greif

The thing about Armed Assault...y'know the 'game' that Day Z is based upon is that its not actually a game at all... Its a military simulator. Ergo Day Z and ARMA needn't have gameplay mechanics or balancing issues because the experience would not hold any realism otherwise...

...And that's what were all here for isn't it? A realistic survival experience.

Sure there are other games out there that fill the horror survival catagory better than Day Z. STALKER and Dead Island are both prime examples. Perhaps those games are likely to scratch the particular itch you are looking for from this genre.

I myself much prefer the realism. Knowing that every careless move, every rash action, mis-thought error can be my last. That's life. Thats survival. Its not fair... I might not even be fun to some people, but for me it envokes some primal emotions that games have simply failed to do in the passed couple of years. The only other game whose perma-death made me terrified of dying was EverQuest... back in 1998... But EVE is also the type of game that throws its power to the player base. Like those - Day Z teaches me more about our nature more than any other game has done where the environments are sanitised and 'fair'.

Doing HND Game Development myself, I consider Day Z to be as much of a game as I did Dear Esther. That is that I didn't - they were experiences I wanted, and was willing to part my money with. This hardcore survival isn't for everyone - hence the constant gripes on this forum from the kids that simply just don't get it.

Edited by ScramUK
  • Like 3

This is the only time where I'm constantly forced to keep looking over my shoulders, it makes you more aware and focused.

Sadly I think DayZ will stay as the first game of this style, but It wont arrive so far. Arma engine sucks hard, game is extremely glitched and i know about at least two games like dayz that will be released soon (before dayz reaches beta stage) with theyr own engines. Im having fun here, but a mod will ever remain a mod.

Edited by HalloweeNGT
  • Like 1

I agree. I love the realism of DayZ and the fact that death is permanent. It's definitely not for everyone, especially newer gamers who are used to 10-second respawns like in CoD or something similar to that. Admittedly, I raged a lot at first, but you learn to love the unpredictability and the consequences of your actions.

• Like 1

I agree. I love the realism of DayZ and the fact that death is permanent. It's definitely not for everyone, especially newer gamers who are used to 10-second respawns like in CoD or something similar to that. Admittedly, I raged a lot at first, but you learn to love the unpredictability and the consequences of your actions.

Unpredictability of a hacker nuking the whole server is so lovely xD

Sure there are other games out there that fill the horror survival catagory better than Day Z. STALKER and Dead Island are both prime examples.

Dead Island fill(s) the horror survival catagory better than Day Z.

Stopped reading right there. :)

I'm not here for realism, i'm here for Day Z, and it is what it is; survivn' and fightin'.

Edited by z-layrex

I don't think it's just kids that are complaining. There are many adults here too that came expecting 28 Days later with machine guns and instead got a hardcore, fear driven, human psyche straining simulator.

I for one play it like a simulator. I didn't come here wanting Dead Island or Left 4 Dead, I wanted a simulator that really pressured players, making their emotions bubble. I love this mod. There's nothing wrong with it.

Edited by Burro
  • Like 1

Stopped reading right there. :)

In terms of gaming genres I was right....

ARMA/DAY Z is more of a simulation... That's the genre it fits into

Edited by ScramUK

Unpredictability of a hacker nuking the whole server is so lovely xD

Listen, anything goes in the zombie apocalypse. I just don't want you to be scared.

...and i know about at least two games like dayz that will be released soon (before dayz reaches beta stage) with theyr own engines...

Care to expand on this?

I consider Day Z to be as much of a game as I did Dear Esther. That is that I didn't - they were experiences I wanted, and was willing to part my money with. This hardcore survival isn't for everyone - hence the constant gripes on this forum from the kids that simply just don't get it.

Without server hopping snipers, "lol" player killers and hackers, DayZ could have been as immersive as Dear Esther.. just not right now since It's still in alpha stage so cross fingers for an awesome experience when it finally becomes a standalone product. ;)

i know about at least two games like dayz that will be released soon (before dayz reaches beta stage)

Wait, what ?

You're thinking about which games ?

WarZ is never going to be a reality and if it does it'll be nothing but a pay-to-win carebear fest. Enjoy.

WarZ is never going to be a reality and if it does it'll be nothing but a pay-to-win carebear fest. Enjoy.

And you know this from where ?

Can you link me to where there is info on War Z being pay-to-win ?

i realized last night while playing with some friends that this mod plays more like chess than any other fps i've played. i almost don't want to play other fps' in case bad habits resurface in dayz.

Haha thats a good analogy p1n34l

After playing Day Z for awhile I noticed that my style of gameplay in World of Tanks has improved by a huge margin. I no longer rush in like a noob, and play very carefully. Sneaking in to the town slowly, almost on first gear. Driving carefully, and looking out for zombie tanks :D