Sign in to follow this  
Darty2

Gun and inventory not saving

everytime i find loot, pick it up, then log off the game and reconnect to any server, i lose it all and all i have is the stock gear, as in painkillers flash light bandage! This is happening to me and a fair few of the people i am playing with, but then most people. it doesn't seem to be happening too!? wtf :(

• Like 2

Having the exact same problem for 3 days now, it makes the game compeltely unplayable. Please release an update that fixes this or give us a fix....

• Like 2

yeah happened to me the other day ( still happening )

re-installed beta patches and v1.7.2.3, same thing happening. Quite displeased with this issue, your character progress doesn't save and there's really no point in playing until this is sorted out.

Edited by fantasy
  • Like 1

look i'll keep trying to play :( but it's really ruining it.

I have heard there are servers that are not connected to the hive and thus do not save anything.

Make sure you are on a legit server. Also make sure you play for a while after you pick something up so your guy saves. It only saves every 10-20 minutes or so.

Other than that - I have had single items disappear, but nothing more than that.

Yep. Same problem here. It annoys me that i pay 25€ for an awesome game that doesn't work well. I also few other problems like the debug monitor is green (others is brown) and the menu is little bit weird.

I have heard there are servers that are not connected to the hive and thus do not save anything.

This is not what's happening. I have two computers with two accounts and the first one has no problems on the same servers.

Also make sure you play for a while after you pick something up so your guy saves. It only saves every 10-20 minutes or so.

For some reason, 10-20 minutes seems a bit long. I've never experienced a 'natural' rollback from this so meh.

This isn't that loot isn't saving. I can drop all my newbie items and run around for 10 minutes, disconnect and then have my newbie items again when I reconnect.

• Like 1

Yep. Same problem here. It annoys me that i pay 25€ for an awesome game that doesn't work well. I also few other problems like the debug monitor is green (others is brown) and the menu is little bit weird.

You payed for the Arma games, not the alpha version of a mod that runs off of the beta patch. You can expect major problems like these.

everytime i find loot, pick it up, then log off the game and reconnect to any server, i lose it all and all i have is the stock gear, as in painkillers flash light bandage!

I had this problem when I first got the DayZ mod - all I'd suggest just ensuring you have the patch and mod up to date, and connecting to credible servers at first. It's more than likely the hive connection problem, as it should be saving your location, items, direction you're facing, etc.

Hope you get it sorted out soon. :unsure:

Edited by Rane

Seems like a server connection problem with the HIVE.

Also:

You do know DayZ is a ALPHA don't you?

Seems like a server connection problem with the HIVE.

Also:

Of course. what i meant is problems that my friends don't have, but i have them.

Edited by Stögö

We're all well aware that this is an alpha MOD and that the dayz people have no real obligation to help us. At the same time, you might be singing a different tune if you had to shell out another $20 to play properly. :)