Sign in to follow this  
Ywain

If Day Z Had a New Engine, What Would You Want to See?

At the current moment, the Arma 2 system is somewhat limiting of what the Day Z mod can do. For example, I'd love to see limb injury and further bone injuries beyond the leg bone, but I don't believe that's possible on the current engine, or at least it'd be pretty fucking hard. At the same time, it'd be cool to have a character with an arm blown off from a shotgun and no real solution to the problem. At the current moment, bloodbags and morphine and you're all set. Back to tip top condition, which doesn't really allow for any room persistent injuries. (Not that I'd want leg bone injuries to be persistant at its current stage. Crawling around is a bitch.)

• Like 1

I think something everyone would like is a more optimised engine that delivers higher quality graphics. I am sure that Arma III will provide this engine :)

I'd like to see a way for single players to give themselves blood (some of us are solo players only due to time constraints).

That's not really an engine specific thing though (or is it).

I'd like to see more "damage" and a destructable environment, (pretty heavy on the server though) But while I am wishing on pipe dreams etc also more "gore" like limbs being ripped off by zombies and players getting hit with axe (gets embedded in their head / body), more realistic blood.

(a lot of what I said isn't really possible with todays tech unless your running it on a super computer or something).

I would love to see ragdoll physics (will be in Arma 3) and much better gore graphics. The fountain of blood serves its purpose but looks silly.

Zombies and players being able to grab you would be nice.

Don't get the wrong ideas.

I'd just knock them out and-........

well that didn't make things better for me.

Just having the game cleaned up technically would be nice. Mostly stuff like the zombie AI.

I would love to see this game run standalone on the Real Virtuality engine 3 or 4 because there is no other engine out there that can make this game better than what it already is.

Character progression. At the moment, our players are all hardcore operators. We run for miles, shoot like champs, reload on the run, no medical problem is too daunting, etc. It would be nice if we spawned in with a limited but chooseable skill set that would progress with us over time.

Character progression. At the moment, our players are all hardcore operators. We run for miles, shoot like champs, reload on the run, no medical problem is too daunting, etc. It would be nice if we spawned in with a limited but chooseable skill set that would progress with us over time.

but we don't have any experience in mano a mano, we break a leg by falling a 2 m high distance, we get tired by crawling around... etc

Melee weapons, some improvement in the Zombie AI,and bug fixes :P