Sign in to follow this  
resistence1993

i just realised somehting your all guinne pigs - my theory on day z

I just don't see the relevance of it.

Rocket, the dude everyone is supposed to hate with a passion, creates a game in a form that he believes is the perfect game for him. Mind you... FOR HIM. Of course all of us here are his lab rats. Does he care if we live or die in the process? Of course he doesn't.

Just view him as a mad scientist and view this community as poor defenseless little bunnies with razor sharp teeth used for eating other poor defenseless little bunnies with razor sharp teeth.

Psychology has its place in DayZ... because Rocket created the game from the point of view of a scared lonely survivor. Eventually people stopped being scared and lonely though.

the game is a psychological experiment many people have talked about this but i dont think they have understood the full extent of it here are some interesting things i noticed

No, it isn't. In any scientific experiment, experimenters are careful to control all variables not related to their experiment. In DayZ, there are too many uncontrolled variables to list. Bug fixes, amount of documentation, gameplay changes with regards to zombie behavior, number. Addition of new items, mechanics, etc. Changes in game popularity/player base composition. Changing the gear players start with is only one of these many variables. If this were an experiment, when it was done, the researchers would say "well, we sure saw a lot of changes in player behavior over the course of the experiment, but with so many variables, we have no idea where the changes might have come from."

If that was directed at my post then "you're" an idiot.

Hehe, nope. I was talking about the title of this post. Not talking about you :)

• Like 1