Sign in to follow this  
resistence1993

i just realised somehting your all guinne pigs - my theory on day z

well i just thought of this a few minutes ago people keep talking about how bandits and pointless player killing is geting out of hand many cite reasons a comman one is the mainstreaming of dayz many people who play fast paced games like call of duty have started playing but i dont think its just that i dont think people started killing eachother just because the game has become mainstream here is my theory

the game is a psychological experiment many people have talked about this but i dont think they have understood the full extent of it here are some interesting things i noticed

when the game started out when it did you spawned with a powerfull handgun and a few other suplies players where rarely hostile most where friendly the zombie allso wherent to much of a threat and the average life expectancy was about 4 hours

then there where changes you now spawned with a crappy 9mm pistol that took 3 shoots to kill a zombie compared to 1 shot and ontop of that the zombies have been changed now they spawn about 5 times more and there senses have been increased now its hard to sneak around now ammo is much harder to keep up and players now spawn with a crappy 9mm pistol and weapon spawns seem to be less comman and now most new players see a player with anything better than a 9mm and attack them the reason being that if i die i repawn with the same gear i now have if i kill them i get there gear

more changes now you spawn with no weapon and the zombies now spawn inside houses so its hard to find loot the weapon spawns seem to be even less now and the average life expectancy is about 40 minutes at this point allmost everyone is hostile people shoot on sight at close range and many snipe other players for there loot or just for fun health items food water etc is allso quite rare

i think this is all a bit of a experiment and the findings are that early in the apocalipse people are mostly nice guns ammo and suplies are comman and people group together later when guns ammo and suplies are rarer people become more and more hostile untill you eventualy get to the point that it is at now where by default allmost no onetrusts eachother everyone loses there morality when it comes to other players because of past experiences and many people just kill for the fun of it though very few people still sling onto there morality

anyway i know it was a bit TLDR but i thoguht it was a bit interesting noticing that dayz isent static that it isent just set lets say 50 days after a zombie apocalipse and just staying there it is a progresive thing and i will be interested to see how people react in the future

• Like 4

I stopped reading after your 2nd grammatical error.

even your TLDR was TLDR.

You could be right. Worked through that way it sounds about right.

I love how when you hand people enough "unknowns" they all turn into conspiracy theorists.

well i just thought of this a few minutes ago people keep talking about how bandits and pointless player killing is geting out of hand many cite reasons a comman one is the mainstreaming of dayz many people who play fast paced games like call of duty have started playing but i dont think its just that i dont think people started killing eachother just because the game has become mainstream here is my theory

the game is a psychological experiment many people have talked about this but i dont think they have understood the full extent of it here are some interesting things i noticed

when the game started out when it did you spawned with a powerfull handgun and a few other suplies players where rarely hostile most where friendly the zombie allso wherent to much of a threat and the average life expectancy was about 4 hours

then there where changes you now spawned with a crappy 9mm pistol that took 3 shoots to kill a zombie compared to 1 shot and ontop of that the zombies have been changed now they spawn about 5 times more and there senses have been increased now its hard to sneak around now ammo is much harder to keep up and players now spawn with a crappy 9mm pistol and weapon spawns seem to be less comman and now most new players see a player with anything better than a 9mm and attack them the reason being that if i die i repawn with the same gear i now have if i kill them i get there gear

more changes now you spawn with no weapon and the zombies now spawn inside houses so its hard to find loot the weapon spawns seem to be even less now and the average life expectancy is about 40 minutes at this point allmost everyone is hostile people shoot on sight at close range and many snipe other players for there loot or just for fun health items food water etc is allso quite rare

i think this is all a bit of a experiment and the findings are that early in the apocalipse people are mostly nice guns ammo and suplies are comman and people group together later when guns ammo and suplies are rarer people become more and more hostile untill you eventualy get to the point that it is at now where by default allmost no onetrusts eachother everyone loses there morality when it comes to other players because of past experiences and many people just kill for the fun of it though very few people still sling onto there morality

anyway i know it was a bit TLDR but i thoguht it was a bit interesting noticing that dayz isent static that it isent just set lets say 50 days after a zombie apocalipse and just staying there it is a progresive thing and i will be interested to see how people react in the future

...never thought about it like that but your right.... i just started playing DayZ and... i was running away from a guy with a dbl barrel unarmed and... he kept shooting me... even as i was running away.... its really hostile but im not giving up my friendly status just to be a bandit :P been playing for 77 hours and never killed or attempted to kill anyone :D

even your TLDR was TLDR.

grammer nazi i ahve dislexia and autism what do you expect your acting as if i used 1337 or text spelling spelling or something

I love how when you hand people enough "unknowns" they all turn into conspiracy theorists.

im not syaing its a conspiracy well maybe a little one rocket has talked about hw he likes to make everything realistic how he wants the players actions to situations to be as realistic as posible its just i dont think many people have noticed how far it posibly goes

Meh, a little theory is always a good read. Especially when it is well thought out and "fits". Keep them coming.

even your TLDR was TLDR.

Leave em alone! Periods and commas are hard to use.

When presented in that manner it does make for some interesting thoughts. I doubt the whole theory thing (As in I doubt it was intentional, I think the game has just evolved that way due to balancing, adding depth and content) though.

I stopped reading after "pointless player killing is getting out of hand" don't want to get killed by a bandit?Don't go into a city unless you take every precaution you can possibly think of.

EDIT:That grammar *Shudders*

Edited by Kingfury4

I stopped reading after "pointless player killing is getting out of hand" don't want to get killed by a bandit?Don't go into a city unless you take every precaution you can possibly think of.

EDIT:That grammar *Shudders*

read the post, again

Surprised at the hostility and trolling in this thread. Sure the grammar is bad and claiming its a conspiracy theory is far-fetched, but it still leads us to an interesting topic...

The psychology of players and how it has evolved through patchs. What I also find interesting is players actions in different servers. I have never been shot at in a canadian server. On a US server its normal for me to be shot at by players. On a russian server, everyone I have encountered has either been a hacker or shoot on sight...scary stuff.

So you're the guy I steal my punctuation from.....

Anyway, interesting theory but I don't see why they even a need a video game to study basic human behavior.

Shock, horror about a game with MMO elements where the player is given free choice being used as a psychological experiment... 1997 called and wants its thread back.

grammer nazi i ahve dislexia and autism what do you expect your acting as if i used 1337 or text spelling spelling or something

Could I rewrite your post and correct the grammatical errors in it? It's nothing personal, just I don't like reading stuff like that.

Edited by EcksDee

Well for instance a video game could be the perfect way to gather data, people are uninhibited on the internet, as in they do not have fear of consequence, just like if there was no more law / police / government.

Create a world in which supplies are in short demand, something which is possible in the future of mankind, create an air of high tension, zombies, and put a not to sparse population in close vicinity.

You could observe attempts at co-ordination or total anarchy, and have a rough measure of peoples reactions or at least thought processes via their actions, including disconnecting under fire.

In a few years this data could be compiled, and the governments of the world will have a good measuring stick so to speak for what is going to happen once they release the super virus that wipes us all out, siding with the illuminati and becoming a horrible scourge upon the earth, and upon the throne of rotting carcasses will sit ... Rocket ... laughing at his guinea pigs destroying themselves in a wanton orgy of violence and forum trolling . . .

Ok... perhaps I got a little carried away, that could be the ummm...... afternoons activities :)

• Like 1

I just have blood thirst!

Yesterday I ran inte to the market in Elektro with no gun. I was inside on the back and used 3rd person to scout the other player inside.

I shouted: Don't shoot! No gun, no gun.

He answered: yeah yeah no problems.

He didn't kill me but all I could think of was to find a gun and kill him. Then yell: Never trust a black guy!!! (I'm a negro in the game btw :))

Edited by gaerd

Far as I know zombies/infected whatever aren't real. Seriously though if people on the internets are to be taken at face value this is how I would expect most people to react in an apocalypse situation. Parts of the US recently had a week long power outage, I was lucky enough to be a part of it. By the second day people were getting mad. They were calling into radio stations that were still on the air to say how their street or city was a "forgotten city" and hope was lost etc. No violence that I know of, though there was a lot of theft of generators. If it had lasted much longer would have been really interesting.