Earthy (DayZ)

Admin abuse UK117 (The MoFo Police)

Hello, I basically posted this on reddit/r/dayz so I'm just going to copy paste it here because I figured out that it would mean more, sorry if it's too long.

First of all I would like to start off with saying that English isn't my native language so expect some grammar/spelling mistakes.

So, me and my friends played on a server called UK117, it's basically a server managed by a clan named "The MoFo police". We started playing on this server for about one week ago and I guess the server was pretty new back then and we could basically pick up vehicles at every spawn location which we did. We got to a point where we had eight vehicles actually (prt scrn here). One day upon logging into the server I noticed that the clan had a Teamspeak server and I logged into the server and started chatting with the clan, they were very friendly and nice people. I showed them the picture of our camp and told them that it was on their server which they didn't believe until I actually went and picked them up with a vehicle. So we drove around together with some people in their clan and even gave them a UAZ because we figured "why not, we're playing on their server the least we could do is give them one of our eight vehicles". I also made a bet to my friend saying "I'll give you five bucks if they still have the vehicle the next day".

Surprisingly, when I hop onto their server the next day they tell me that they've lost it and jokingly, at least we thought, said that if we did not give them another one, they would reset the server so that they could get the vehicles at the spawn locations. And so they did. We logged on to find our entire camp gone, including the tents which are not normally removable, so we simply decided to start over by beginning to play on another server. When we confronted them about it over TS, they clearly sarcastically denied.

Okay, here's the weird part though. One day later we decide to log into the server again and we find out that our camp was back (all vehicles/tents except one vehicle). We found this strange and we didn't think much about it, all we knew is that we had to switch camp. My friend took one vehicle and drove to pick up our third friend. I stood still in our camp, waiting for my friends to return. And that's when i notice one of the admins walking up on the hill, to our camp. I immediately run behind a tree, start shooting at him and he disconnects to the lobby. I run away to our Ural and figured that I should at least save one of the vehicles. I drive, as far as I can and then I get kicked from the server along with my two other friends that weren't even close to the camp. Here's when i start recording with fraps (sorry for not too good quality). Basically we get kicked over and over again. link:

http://youtu.be/Jsy3XEpBYRw

Now I know that I don't have real proof of everything, but I'm just posting this for others to be careful.

TL;DR: We play on a server, find many vehicles, admins tells us to give them some vehicles or they will reset it, we don't give them, they reset, our camp disappears but appears again some days after, they've found the camp, they kick us from server to get everything.

EDIT: Also, I know that tents/vehicles can randomly disappear but that's not the point here. The point is that the admins kept kicking us over and over again to steal our vehicles and get away.

UPDATE 1: So my friends made it into the server (finally) while I was typing this post, I guess they got tired of kicking us over and over again, my friends drove to our camp and found out that all vehicles were gone except one tractor and the URAL that I managed to move before they kicked me. So, they kept kicking us until they grabbed five vehicles, and then they stopped kicking us.

Edited by Earthy
  • Like 1

Admins can't "remove" items from the server AFAIK. They can however restart after something happens in hopes that the hive didn't save yet. Either way what happened with the kicking wasn't right and should be addressed.

Edited by Lith

We had reason's to believe they where hacking.

And they where constantly bugging people in my server... I pay for it, I have the right to decide who's there and who's not.

• Like 2

Plus... They forgot to tell you how they "tryed" to Ddos our server..

And may I add... The stuff in this post is mostly BS, we never reset the map, we looked into it, because they had seven cars and it's not fair on our other players that regularly come into our server..

If they didn't try and rub it in about having so many car's we would have never have known therefore, no problem.

• Like 3

just FYI you are not making yourself look good

Edited by HSMagnet

Hello Earthy.

Reading your thread almost brought a tear to my eye.... But then I don't seem to understand why you a posting a thread on the DayZ about the clan being so bad and horrible...

But firstly I would like to mention that we was going to restart the server from scratch (Which we later discovered was not possible as the server company informed us that its not possible) You came on our team speak and you was friendly I admit but nevertheless you was boasting about having all the vehicles and posting us pictures of your game which some members found irritating. But you did indeed give us a vehicle which we was thankful for. The next day as a group we decided to look for your "camp" (Not illegal is it?) and was attacked by your group who took back the Jeep (It's DayZ expect retaliation) We later came across one of your friends who decided to join our teamspeak and beg us not to kill him, we did indeed decide to kill him but lets remember that's not against the rules (pvp enabled and you can expect to get shot here and there by other players) and took his stuff.

In our Teamspeak (Which is Public) You decided to join and start swearing and shouting at us which was inappropriate and you was kicked from the team speak (Not the server). Later the in-game map was flooded with markers which was abusive to the players and admins of the server, which we did kick you for (Is that so un-reasonable?) Later we did repeatedly kicked you (as seen in the video) because of what you said and did.

Seen as tho one of our memebers owns the server and PAYS for it we decided not to let you back on the server because of your violent and offensive behavior / Actions but you did keep rejoining the server leaving the admins no choice but to keep kicking you.

With that in mind and the fact we don't want abusive / disruptive players on our server we did kick you over and over.

Oh one last thing! According to you all the vehicles in your base disappeared so how could we have possible stolen them?

It's not admin abuse! we are just kicking people who cannot behave correctly and there is plenty of other servers so if you do feel hard done by then I would suggest that you played on a different server.

Thanks

Phool.

• Like 6

server admin trying to balance "fairness" to all players by taking away vehicles to themselves using admin privileges

yeah i guess thats pretty much what rocket wants all round.

i would just say that guy was stupid to tell were their camp was to a stranger, more than that, an admin that can kick you and take your stuff.

Well however you look at it we are going to differ in opinion's.

Regardless of what you say/think, we were going to kick/ban them anyways, after we decided we didn't want them on our server anymore.

Just because it is your server, u cant kick/ban anyone u want just because u dont like them or to take their veichles and clear the players camp. and u also disconnects during gunfights..

Edited by techo

Look lad, do you pay £40p/month, for the server? Nope I don't think you do, therefore don't tell me who I can or can't have in my server..

You guy's can keep raging, It's not going to change the fact that you're not coming back into our server.

End of story.

• Like 5

Look lad, do you pay £40p/month, for the server? Nope I don't think you do, therefore don't tell me who I can or can't have in my server..

You guy's can keep raging, It's not going to change the fact that you're not coming back into our server.

End of story.

Amen

• Like 1

End of story.

• Like 1

End of story.

You're not allowed to do whatever you want with the server you have. However DDoS threats are serious.

Leaving report up for anyone to see.

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 1