Sign in to follow this  
Daldrath

Apparently I'm playing Dayz wrong

I've always played through dayz as a lone wolf when I'm surviving. I don't enjoy playing with other individuals because I don't really care to have to look out for anyone other than myself and don't want to make compromises or deviations from my characters survival plan. This doesn't mean I've never played with another person, I've grouped with a squad in vent before to do some organized SvS pvp but when I'm playing without my squad, I'm a lone survivor. Apparently this either hurts most players feelings or simply isn't okay with them.

Lately every time I call out I'm friendly and the other player states he or she is friendly and invites me to team up and I decline, I get a bullet in my skull. Sometimes players even react to me declining their offer with "Are you serious? You're gay..." or something along those lines, and that was a very non-vulgar example compared to most I receive. Why is it players can't stand to be declined to team up with? I personally have found that as long as one isnt spending time in major military loot spots and towns there is no point to having a teammate. I understand that they can take my declination as a potential threat but I always offer up my reasoning and usually state that I offer no threat and will allow the other player to loot in piece I just don't have any interest in having a tag-along. I didn't realize dayz was a group oriented survival game and it was unacceptable to play solo.

I honestly don't want to develop the bandit mentality where it becomes necessary to shoot on sight in order to survive and I don't want to lie and say I will team up only to betray them, but I've only run across two players who were okay with the whole "live and let live but not team up idea." I realize that personal experience means nothing because there are genuinely nice players out there, but I'm starting to realize that KOS may become the only option. This is sad because in the instances that players allowed us to go our separate ways I was able to give them directions to where they were going and in one of the scenarios I even gave the player my side arm because I have a pretty solid main weapon and plenty of ammo and he wasn't able to find anything.

You win some, you lose some. Just today I came across at least 4 different friendlies in cherno; in each instance we sat down for a bit, traded stories, and then went on our seperate ways. 3 asked me to join them; I declined each and went on my merry way. You never know what you'll get out of people, or what could incite violence in them. Just gotta roll the dice and have fun.

Odd day in Cherno though; that's for sure.

Trying to compartmentalize and analyze everything that happens in DayZ is pointless. You just have to realize that if you make contact with someone and are in range of direct chat, most of the time (at LEAST 51%) you are going to end up dead.

Once you accept that fact you either have to change your play style, or just accept that people are dicks.

Nothing wrong with being lone wolf, I enjoy it more than teaming up myself too. But i don't understand why the people are shooting you or calling you with names if you decline their offer, like what the hell is up with that? Hope those bastards get betrayed by someone.

i prefer to have at least one personal friend, no random passerbys, watching my back. I'm not the banditing type but after many lives on dayz i've grown more paranoid and less likely to trust survivors in the wilderness. So it's nice to know i have someone who's in the thick of it with me

I usually toss a can of Pepsi on the ground for a

unarmed friendly then ditch them :P

Sent from my SGH-i917R using Board Express

Friendly = No weapons. ( Excludin things like the hatchet and such.. )

Enemy = They have a gun.

Thats how i work ;D

If I'm not in with some of my online buddies from teamspeak, then I'm lonewolf (we refuse to use teamspeak while ingame, and stick to using ingame comms - it's just better)

Recently came across a freshy outside of elektro, asked him if he wanted a makarov and dropped it in a nearby building so we could get away while he picked it up.

Just because you do not trust people, doesn't mean you should kill on sight, I think that is what a lot of people have to learn.

If they have a gun; either avoid them, or, if they have seen you and are hostile - hunt them down. No question about that.