Tomsonx

Stuck on "wait for host"

Hey I updated to 94945 and when I tried to join servers it would be stuck on "wait for host".

Then I "updated" back to 94876 and then after the loading screen filled up arma would crash to desktop and say "Arma 2 OA has stopped working"

So now I re installed OA and dayz and updated to 94997 and now I'm back stuck on "wait for host".

wat do?

EDIT: I have the steam version

Edited by Tomsonx
  • Like 1

I'm stuck on this now too.

I downgraded it back down to 94876 but six launcher auto updates.

I guess we just have to wait for servers to update now :(

• Like 1

Same issues as everyone else...looks like it's time to play the waiting game

• Like 1

Thanks Fengshen.

Doesn't seem to be working for all people but the 94876 patch worked for me. All I had to do was download the patch and run the auto installer, then ran Six Launcher and was able to join a server after having issues with the 'Wait for Host' and 'Battleye Failed to Launch' messages.

• Like 1

The build-fix posted here and in another thread keep asking me for a Username and Password, what do I need to register to in order to download that? I've already uninstalled my BattleEye so....

• Like 1

The build-fix posted here and in another thread keep asking me for a Username and Password, what do I need to register to in order to download that? I've already uninstalled my BattleEye so....

just try again, else try to refresh the site with f5 worked for me :D

• Like 1

Use the latest beta patch, 95054(released today), as the 2/3 previous ones seem to be buggy as shit. Heres a quick guide if you need it.

This is my current install method and i havent ran into any problems so far. Game working 100%

-Both games fully installed and ran before any mods or betas are applied.

-Dayz Updater ran and fully updated. Sometimes this updater has issues, in which case i use the torrent file instead. This can be found on the dayz website under "download alpha". Note. The files inside the torrent get extracted into: Default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addon or if you havent used the default folder then find your install of steam and go to \Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addon make sure you replace the existing files if necessary.

-Download latest beta patch (currently ARMA2_OA_Build_95054.zip) from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

-Run the .exe and install.

-Heres the important bit most people miss or do not do correctly: Go back to your steam directory, default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common, open the folder "arma 2 operation arrowhead" then rename "arma2OA.exe" to something like "xxxarma2OA.exe"(this is to create a backup should you ever need to remove the patch). From that same directory you need to move on to a folder named\Expansion\ then \beta\. Within here you will find another file named "arma2OA.exe". You need to right-click and copy this, then paste into \steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead(make sure you overwrite the existing .exe if necessary).

-Next just paste the following into "launch options" of Arma II: Operation Arrowhead" in your steam library: -beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca

-Make sure to use 95054 in the filter after youre fully updated as the new beta is not backward compatible.

-Be sure to launch the game as "combined operations". The game should be fully working and playable.

• Like 1

-Make sure to use 95054 in the filter after youre fully updated as the new beta is not backward compatible.

Ah, so there's the villain. A bit strange that it isn't backwards compatible anymore, but thanks for the heads up! I'll just watch for my favourite servers' choices, when they update, so will I.

• Like 1