EyesandEars

Admitted Duping and Hacking 20+ LLKJ members

Here is the post from today.

'PUNCHITCHEWIE

The really charming thing about this game is how being in a big awesome clan doesn't really prevent you from going back to square one at any loving second.

Even when there were 20 goons on the server out of 50 random pubbies and we were all using the backpack dupe exploit to get decked out with DMRs and MP5SDs and NVG and vehicles people were still getting picked off all the time. Not to mention all the goons? who have been lurking in mumble to hunt other goons.

This is a game lets a new explorer who just started 30 minutes ago and happens to head north end the progress of people with high level cooperation, knowledge and gear. I've never seen that before in any game, and it creates so much tension and atmosphere. The possibility of chaos and death and poo poo devolving to every man for himself is always there no matter how much you play, and despite many game companies claiming this mechanic this is the first one that pulled it off.

This game gets really lovely in the late phase, especially when you realize how easy is is to dupe items or download hacks for the lovely Arma engine, but is sure has broken some kickass new ground."

Link to forum post

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3481582&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=56#post403770333

Notice no one after says it is wrong. they use LLKJ and J4G.

Hmm that sucks.

People who think cheat = win will make great future politicians.

So basically there in one single post is an admission of 20 LLKJ members Duping.

"Even when there were 20 goons on the server out of 50 random pubbies and we were all using the backpack dupe exploit to

get decked out with DMRs and MP5SDs and NVG and vehicles people were still getting picked off all the time."

and "especially when you realize how easy is is to dupe items or download hacks for the lovely Arma engine"

And just what do you think clan member do for 20-30 minutes on a passworded server? lol

This stuff is what will ruin the mod.

Yeah, goons are notorious for ruining games.

EVE and the obscure hellmoo are some pretty obvious victims, and seeing the way people are posting on SA about dayz I have no doubts that we are on the path to seeing a goon-infested game that you can't enjoy without paying up your tenbux to be in the sekrit klub.

Atleast some good comedy and tears will come out of it all, though.

Yeah that post was in public, but they have their private forum where they have said they post other stuff for members only concerning dayz mod.

Unfortunately hacks are the end of many many small games like this. If it isn't dealt with fast, the mod will die

That's pretty lame.

My clan has been working hard trying to get everybody NVGs and good weapons, while others just exploit the fuck out the game.

Oh well, shit happens.

Thanks to their help, I've discovered that saving on disconnect wasn't actually working as I hadn't updated the code.

As before, duping is impossible in 1.5.8

Enjoy the fevered duping prior to the patch.

Development on 1.5.8 has increased greatly as goon tears are especially delicious.

• Like 1

Thanks to their help' date=' I've discovered that saving on disconnect wasn't actually working as I hadn't updated the code.

As before, duping is impossible in 1.5.8

Enjoy the fevered duping prior to the patch.

Development on 1.5.8 has increased greatly as goon tears are especially delicious.

[/quote']

At least Goons are good for something, even if it is just their tears! :P

Wow these are the same people that did this to me..

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3563

they seemed nice but I wondered how they got such awesome gear..

Wow, no wonder they were well equiped I suppose, thats just wrong that they were duping.. I hope I'm wrong about this, in thinking they are cheaters.. But I did wonder how they got so much great equipment..

wow, I hope thats incorrect..they seemed so nice to me.. I had no idea you could hack in this game.

BTW, this post with their LLKJ just reminded me who they were.. dam, thats.. pretty chitty!

Well its good to hear that their mass exploits have helped speed up figuring out how to stop it.

Hey, as with everything let's not jump to the blind conclusion that every goon dupes. I'm sure shit loads of non goons dupe but you're not laying into them are you? Glad it's getting fixed, let's just be glad the bug was found and move on.

Classic Goons... I always wonder if they are intelligent or complete retards... I have yet to choose.

Goons being goons. We're either the scum of the Earth or the salt of it. For what it's worth, we discovered a dupe glitch on our server. We took steps to reproduce it (to ensure it wasn't a fluke), verified the methodology, and then I promptly emailed the dev team, and let everybody that helped verify it (it requires multiple people) know that if I ever found them using it, they would be banned without hesitation or possibility of appeal:

bMMxi.jpg

(Methodology blacked out for obvious reasons)

Responsible goons, irresponsible goons. We aren't all shit, I swear.

An alpha is there to discover, isolate, reproduce and report. It is not there to exploit.

Yep, glad it was caught and handled and in alpha stage, too.

I find it hilarious that in their "sekkrit" forum bit they don't admonish the guy who spouted in the open forum and ask him why he cheats. Rather they say we are bitching about them lol twisted logic right there.

By impossible I mean, impossible until someone finds another way.

I just hope helicopter wrecks are finally looting something.

I'm sick of having to stick at the exact same places all over again.