Sign in to follow this  
Adrian4814

Anesthetics and tranquilizers

My suggestion is short and simple. Why not have the ability to knock other people (or yourself, for that matter) out with general anesthesia?

Too many times I've been forced to shoot innocent people in self-defense (because they've opened fire on me or similarly), only to receive a crappy

murder and have people think I'm a bandit. Wouldn't tranquilizing ammunition/darts/gas grenades or similar be a simple solution to instantly shooting

others if you want to get to obtain their goodies or save yourself? There could surely be endless ways to deliver general anesthesia, but those mentioned

are just examples.

To extend on the idea further, the ability to use simple medical syringes to inject into food/water to knock someone out on use?

This would truly bring tactical banditry to a new level, and solve at least a notable portion of the instant kill-on-sight problems.

As for the rarity of this ammunition, the syringes and the gas grenades (and what ever the community may come up with), would of course be up to the

dev team to take a decision upon.

Being a programmer myself I have a hard time believing that this will be very difficult to implement (apart from possibly injecting the syringes onto the food/water).

Adding ammunition or gas grenades with the ability to call the "knock-out" function would not be too much to ask, hopefully.

I'd appreciate some thoughts and criticism on this.

• Like 3

I think this would be very entertaining to have. To have a dart gun to snipe people with. Watching them go unconscious a couple seconds later would be so fun. You go over to them loot them like a normal body and then they wake up and they're on their way, pissed off.

It would also be a great way to avoid banditry or the heartbeat noise.

The only issue is that getting tranquilized and being looted would be the same as dying, well maybe not actually, because you would have weapons you already want and you just take the essentials. A less bandit...y way of doing things. I like, give beans.

most people will just spray the cities and steal everything from players then shoot 'em all, just because they can. bandits will abuse it, but in theory it would be nice it is just a lot of people are going exploit it.

The only issue is that getting tranquilized and being looted would be the same as dying, well maybe not actually, because you would have weapons you already want and you just take the essentials. A less bandit...y way of doing things. I like, give beans.

I too thought about it, and to some extent it would be the same as dying. But on the other hand, even though you're a few kilograms worth of gear lighter, you're still alive. And with some luck you wouldn't lose everything, rather than getting shot and *most definitely* losing everything.

Thanks for the feedback.

most people will just spray the cities and steal everything from players then shoot 'em all, just because they can. bandits will abuse it, but in theory it would be nice it is just a lot of people are going exploit it.

I disagree with this entirely, why would a bandit spray tranquilizer when they can spray bullets? If they're going to kill you any way they would do the former and be done with it, no need for a dart gun, no need for wasted space.

The gas grenades would have to be fairly rare for it to not be over exploited and have a relatively small aoe compared to smoke grenades.

jsyk bullets are exploited to take stuff from innocent survivors, you can say something is exploited when they're just being used as intended. There is no difference in tranquilizers and bullets other than the non-lethality, a little bit of mercy, and it requires you to gtfo before they wake up and so you have to pick and choose from their inventory fairly quickly, and you maybe might not possibly ruin the other guys day and let them keep their side arm.

This would be a survivor route to take, rather than a bandit one.

• Like 1

I disagree with this entirely, why would a bandit spray tranquilizer when they can spray bullets? If they're going to kill you any way they would do the former and be done with it, no need for a dart gun, no need for wasted space.

The gas grenades would have to be fairly rare for it to not be over exploited and have a relatively small aoe compared to smoke grenades.

jsyk bullets are exploited to take stuff from innocent survivors, you can say something is exploited when they're just being used as intended. There is no difference in tranquilizers and bullets other than the non-lethality, a little bit of mercy, and it requires you to gtfo before they wake up and so you have to pick and choose from their inventory fairly quickly, and you maybe might not possibly ruin the other guys day and let them keep their side arm.

This is exactly what it would be about. I want to be a nice guy, but I am a survivor of an apocalypse first and foremost. If there is any single scenario where I desperately need a certain item, I'd rather leave my victim intact and alive, than killing him. In most scenarios when a bandit shoots a survivor for gear, he only finds himself needing a minor part of his items either way, so the rest is just completely gone to waste along with the victims life. This suggestion is most certainly a more peaceful solution.

Edited by Adrian4814

Not to mention the fun that could be had with this gun, tranquilize your friends to get back at them, tranquilize them and trap them in barbed wire, so much fun could be had.

To justify this the devs could make a natural park, where dart guns are common

That wouldn't even be necessary, just put 'em at deer stands.

It would be a good way to ensure safety without fucking over the person you are shooting. I mostly shoot for a "better safe than sorry" motivation, so this would be good for me.

ya but trolls and the like might just spend days getting this stuff, and using it over and over and over and over on one person, thus exploit it. also if these are one shot one nock out than thats quiker than using bullets, it takes a few bullets to nock someone out couse you need to lower blood and stuff, then you kill them, of cores you might not nock them out and they might die, but the point it it tacks bullits, with tranquilizing it takes 1 tranquilizer, the walk up to body and shoot head, thus saving ammo and search time for killing one person, thus again, exploited because you have no chance to fight back.

• Like 1

ya but trolls and the like might just spend days getting this stuff, and using it over and over and over and over on one person, thus exploit it. also if these are one shot one nock out than thats quiker than using bullets, it takes a few bullets to nock someone out couse you need to lower blood and stuff, then you kill them, of cores you might not nock them out and they might die, but the point it it tacks bullits, with tranquilizing it takes 1 tranquilizer, the walk up to body and shoot head, thus saving ammo and search time for killing one person, thus again, exploited because you have no chance to fight back.

Here I'll give you some ways to fix this and some counter arguments. As for repetitiveness it would be a simple matter of making it so you can't be tranquilized again for a period of idk 30 seconds? Easy fix.

As for using multiple bullets I beg to differ. The m107, AS50, Lee Enfield are all one hit kills for the most part as well as any headshot, it wouldn't be an exploit at all nor would it be cheap, just another powerful weapon. If this doesn't convince you a simple fix would be to make the guns.. dart... drop significantly more than a bullets, thus making it hard to get a hit thus wasting possibly rare ammo. It's not about getting a lot of hits, it's about landing one, just like in real life you don't stay up after getting hit with 10 mp5 round, you go down after 1 or 2, it's one shot drop would make it realistic.

As for you last doubt its quite simply not an exploit. So what? Snipers don't give you a chance to fight back. Headshots don't let you fight back, grenades, Lee Enfield, bear traps, grenade launchers, rockets all don't give you a fighting chance, that's what weapons are suppose to do. If someone wants to lose their humanity in the process let them. At least they gave you even a slim chance of survival rather than getting sniped or shot by a Enfield.

Good idea right here. I'd definitely rather tranquilize a guy I want to get past than risk getting killed by opening fire/asking if friendly.

Glad to see the positive and negative criticism working properly.

Just to re-quote Chefwillis a slight bit, of course there would be some form of cooldown before anesthetics could be re-used again. Can't have it any other way.

As for 1 shot tranquilizers being more overpowered than bullets, I can't say I agree. A bullet can have an instant effect of knock-out or death, while the effect of anesthesia

will have some form of build-up time to spread in the victims bloodstream. In-short, you'd hit someone and they'd fall to the ground 5-10 seconds later unlike with bullets, where they generally go instantly.

And another problem that would arise from this would be people alt-f4ing when they get tranquilized, the simplest solution would be not to give the players any sort of visual indicator that they've been hit

with tranquilizers, but rather give them a very subtle audio queue that would be nearly indistinguishable.

Food for thought at least.

Even if this were ever to be implemented you still need to fix the alt+f4 issue.

Cause otherwise, boom, tranquilized, alt+f4, gone.

Even if this were ever to be implemented you still need to fix the alt+f4 issue.

Cause otherwise, boom, tranquilized, alt+f4, gone.

I understand your reasoning, and while I wish they fixed the issue I don't see them doing it in the near future.

But my reasoning is that we can't base a game around an exploit, and legit players will stay in the game even

if tranquilized.