Siri302

A possible small addition..

a nice compliment would be that accessing the main gear menu would play a velcro rip sound, seeing as your primary inventory is stored in velcro molle pouches. then accessing the backpack would make a zip noise, so the sounds wouldn't get confused.

a nice compliment would be that accessing the main gear menu would play a velcro rip sound, seeing as your primary inventory is stored in velcro molle pouches. then accessing the backpack would make a zip noise, so the sounds wouldn't get confused.

Sounds like it could be a good addition for discerning what exactly is being accessed. :)

Basic, simple but brilliant, definitly something that has to be added. Especially considering how ridiculously loud it is to eat and drink.

Basic, simple but brilliant, definitly something that has to be added. Especially considering how ridiculously loud it is to eat and drink.

Exactly, seems like it's just a missing sound to be honest, or was overlooked because it was such a simple addition. :huh: I don't really know why it isn't in the base game, either..

Edited by BECKiEE

Good idea, would be slightly more immersive than the way ACE handles it, just requiring permission to open your bag. Also it wasn't ever a feature in the base game, because it wasn't really required. You start with everything you need, or have access to it, when the mission begins. No hostile would want to steal it, as you have defined teams so you would just shoot an enemy rather than risking getting close.

Although it would making replacing someones backpack inventory with empty cans slightly more difficult...

I like this idea, in principle, but a small consideration would be whether the packs in DayZ actually have zips? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Alice packs have clips, and the Czech has buckles, and both have drawstrings, but no zips.

Does this matter? I know people can be pedantic... :D

Good idea, would be slightly more immersive than the way ACE handles it, just requiring permission to open your bag. Also it wasn't ever a feature in the base game, because it wasn't really required. You start with everything you need, or have access to it, when the mission begins. No hostile would want to steal it, as you have defined teams so you would just shoot an enemy rather than risking getting close.

Although it would making replacing someones backpack inventory with empty cans slightly more difficult...

I get that it isn't really a feature, but I think it would just be another bit of sound that would be there - kind of a no-brainer. But now that I think about it, I can't actually think of any games that DO have a sound for when you access the inventory or whatever :huh: ... maybe I'm just not thinking hard enough. Replacing someones inventory with empty cans... you've just given me the best way to troll my group. Thanks! :D

I like this idea, in principle, but a small consideration would be whether the packs in DayZ actually have zips? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Alice packs have clips, and the Czech has buckles, and both have drawstrings, but no zips.

Does this matter? I know people can be pedantic... :D

I was thinking that it might be easier to add if the sound was generalized, but what you're saying would make those packs without zips more valuable as they would surely be far quieter if they had buckles/drawstrings - if we're talking about aggro. But would also mean that someone could rob you more quietly, and so would be more likely to get away with it! So that would be a great addition to this if it's easy to add different sounds depending on the pack you're using. I think the Assault Pack has a zip, the Coyote Patrol Pack also seems to have one.. but I'm just referring to the Wiki pictures and I can't make out an awful lot.

Edited by BECKiEE

There is already a thread for this. But I agree with you 100%. This is good idea!

There is already a thread for this. But I agree with you 100%. This is good idea!

Really? Link please? :huh: I tried searching ''zip noise'', or something along those lines, to no avail before I posted this.