Sign in to follow this  
G0V3RNM3NT4L

M4A3 CCO

I've recently acquired an M4A3 CCO. The wiki says it has both a laser designator and a flashlight built in.

Does anybody know which commands operate which function? I'd love to have this as the main weapon for my squad's support gunner, as it would be versatile for targeting and night operations.

Hmm I only know that you can activate the flashlight with "L", but it is sometimes buggy.

I have sometimes trouble with activating the flashlight. Also a flashlight in the night in the middle of a town is no good idea, but I think you already know that...

Edited by Labargoth

Hmm I only know that you can activate the flashlight with "L", but it is sometimes buggy.

I have sometimes trouble with activating the flashlight. Also a flashlight in the night in the middle of a town is no good idea, but I think you already know that...

Most of the time we just end up doing things that requires a light and a gun at the same time. I play on a foreign server so every time I play with my friends it's night and we do night ops.

Once you see a target, suddenly shining a flashlight can be a good way of scaring them.

L is the default key for flash lights. The laser designatior serves no purpose in Dayz though.

Actually the L85 has a laser, but it's only visible through NV.

As far as I know you can't have both a flashlight and a laser sight. But if you had no flashlight and only the laser you would just press L. But it is only visual on NVGs.

How do you mean buggy? You can only activate it at night. It won't work at all when it's day.

The M16A4 ACOG also has an irad(laser pointer.. infra red aiming device)... they do work with nvgs, great for target indication(say a spotter with l85 and sniper with DMR) Or just pointing to areas o interest... so long as you are all NVGed up.

How do you mean buggy? You can only activate it at night. It won't work at all when it's day.

I mean that it sometimes dosen't turn on for me. It was night time, pitch black and I was sitting in an appartment trying to turn the flashlight on so I can find the loot...

Edited by Labargoth