Sign in to follow this  
yankee_1776@live.com

What to do in this situation, PvP

While making my way to the airfield I came across a village that was being looted by a survivor with an axe. He was 200m away and I held the high ground with my Lee Enfield and binoculars. I was contemplating moving up to him and asking if he was friendly since I didn't think he had more than a melee weapon and I was pretty tired of being alone. I got within 100m before a gunshot was fired, but not at me as there was no snap. I decided to back up because the risk was too great that they might be hostile, and it was far better to just let them plunder the village and keep going it alone. After a bit of time I got back to 200m, but they apparently noticed me because just as i was crawling back into the woods I saw not one, but two at 47m to my front coming up the hill which came as a shock.

I called out "friendly"? for no reply, I held my ground and waited. The silence was broken by one of them shooting me with an Enfield that missed. I returned fire with four Enfield shots killing one and incapacitating the other. I looted their bodies and they seemed pretty well organized considering their gear, but I always wondered if i handled myself properly. They did shoot first, and I did call out friendly- but why take the time to crawl up to my position if they where just going to be hostile? It's only my 2nd day playing, and i'm trying not to contribute to the mass killings taking place against other players.

you did well and should be lucky that their shot missed you.

encountered an similar situation today, was looting the apartments at cherno hospital and suddenly someone opened fire on me, so i moved back into the house, going into defensive position and wrote that they should go away as i dont wanted to kill anybody or get killed... one obviously didnt get a shit, sneaked into my house and got shot. when i finaly left the house, one was shooting with a pistol but wasnt able to hit me as i vanished thorugh the bushes.

Guys, never send the one with the CZ to close combat ;)

So, you did well and i press thumps you go on with that luck :)

Meh, they're just sucky opportunists closing the distance looking for a quick headshot. Same reason you don't trust a friendly with a double barrel lol Maybe they won't try to contribute to the random killing anymore either :P

While making my way to the airfield I came across a village that was being looted by a survivor with an axe. He was 200m away and I held the high ground with my Lee Enfield and binoculars. I was contemplating moving up to him and asking if he was friendly since I didn't think he had more than a melee weapon and I was pretty tired of being alone. I got within 100m before a gunshot was fired, but not at me as there was no snap. I decided to back up because the risk was too great that they might be hostile, and it was far better to just let them plunder the village and keep going it alone. After a bit of time I got back to 200m, but they apparently noticed me because just as i was crawling back into the woods I saw not one, but two at 47m to my front coming up the hill which came as a shock.

I called out "friendly"? for no reply, I held my ground and waited. The silence was broken by one of them shooting me with an Enfield that missed. I returned fire with four Enfield shots killing one and incapacitating the other. I looted their bodies and they seemed pretty well organized considering their gear, but I always wondered if i handled myself properly. They did shoot first, and I did call out friendly- but why take the time to crawl up to my position if they where just going to be hostile? It's only my 2nd day playing, and i'm trying not to contribute to the mass killings taking place against other players.

That's how bandits play sometimes: They are hesitant to take a long shot with a rifle cause of ARMA's bullet drop and difficult aiming system. So it's not too uncommon for a guy with a long range rifle close the distance to get a headshot or heck, a hit.

Here's one of my stories: I was looting Vybor ( bit southwest of NW airfield) when I turned my head around to see two guys holding an Enfield and a CZ tailing me into a lootable building. I crouched down in a corner, AKM aimed at the doorway, and tried to call out friendly. However, they just ran though the door and aimed at me. I pretty much shat my pants and rammed 30 rounds into their faces. Later, I felt like a douche for killing them outright without their response, but thinking about it, if they were tailing me they pretty much weren't looking for friends.

Just my 2 cans of beans.