zzSTABBYzz

bandit punishment or reasons to player kill u deside....

You can't just handle the sheer awesomeness of this game can provide to people making intelligent move & decisions. You obviously got killed multiple time by bandits.It is not his mistake, it is your.

But you are so brainwashed by those shitty casual games wave where everybody is marked with big fucking huge red letters that you can't get that game. You don't get the whole sandbox thing, so you decided that if you can't enjoy this game, nobody should.

You want it to be another shitty fps. You want to remove the sweet fear of the bandit group roaming or hunting you. Don't post on this forum again, your ideas stink and you are not even able to type correctly.

well A) i dnt die as offen as u think B) if read it better u would notice it is ment to make ppl group up to fight as bandits or to help ppl both sides is how ppl wish to play if have not notice or do u play this alone?

and i love this gme i wouldnt have taking the time to post on the forums if i didnt like it plus got to love the "terry tuff cunt"act ppl put on for posting on the forums and plz post me a link to an idea u have posted so i can see what ideas u class as "not stinking"

p.s dnt atk ppls typing if u cant type right yaself just a tip kid

well A) i dnt die as offen as u think B) if read it better u would notice it is ment to make ppl group up to fight as bandits or to help ppl both sides is how ppl wish to play if have not notice or do u play this alone?

and i love this gme i wouldnt have taking the time to post on the forums if i didnt like it plus got to love the "terry tuff cunt"act ppl put on for posting on the forums and plz post me a link to an idea u have posted so i can see what ideas u class as "not stinking"

p.s dnt atk ppls typing if u cant type right yaself just a tip kid

First off, stop being a whiney bitch

Secondly, you have no fucking excuse to type like a retard, unless of course, and many apologies if it be the case, you're retarded.

Third, stop attempting to punish people for "beating you". 4/5's of players are NOT currently bandits (give or take). You outnumber them significantly. Grow a pair of balls and enforce your right to live, or shut the fuck up and die. If you want to encourage survivor teamwork, do so. Placing arbitrary rules over a matter that is not easily understood by scripts to define what is really a malicious kill, and what isn't only punishes EVERYONE envolved.

It's kind of a shame that we can't have a situation where you play on a server long enough you will recognise people (and know instantly based on your interactions with them before whether they are friendly or not). The only modifier to behaviour you need is the knowledge that what goes around comes around. If you shoot on sight or snipe noobs then you build a bad reputation with the players on that server. However if you help them you build a good reputation (hey, maybe only 50% of people will shoot you on sight!).

To do that, though, you would need to have a seperate database per server and a lot more character customisation / skins. It would stop server-hopping for loot though (and logging out to avoid death - you can just wait them out)

"Sorry man, you look exactly like that guy who shot me yesterday!"

It's kind of a shame that we can't have a situation where you play on a server long enough you will recognise people (and know instantly based on your interactions with them before whether they are friendly or not). The only modifier to behaviour you need is the knowledge that what goes around comes around. If you shoot on sight or snipe noobs then you build a bad reputation with the players on that server. However if you help them you build a good reputation (hey, maybe only 50% of people will shoot you on sight!).

How much of a reputation do you think you can build in 35 minutes (average life expectancy)? Not just your own lifespan, but that of any other survivor. You die, you're dead. You're not respawning, that's an entirely new person out there. The fact we can recall the actions of the last survivor we led to their inevitable death doesn't mean fuckall to the survivor.

I'm a bandit and I approve. It adds a score system to my kills. No longer killing for fun in Elektro, it's killing for bragging rights in my group :D

I will reach -100k FIRST

• Like 2

How much of a reputation do you think you can build in 35 minutes (average life expectancy)? Not just your own lifespan, but that of any other survivor. You die, you're dead. You're not respawning, that's an entirely new person out there. The fact we can recall the actions of the last survivor we led to their inevitable death doesn't mean fuckall to the survivor.

I respawn with the same name, I play the same way again. I think most other people probably do the same, unless you roleplay your survivor differently each time? If Jo bloggs killed me before I sure as shit will shoot him next time I see him. I'm not going to forget it just because I happen to have respawned into a supposedly different survivor. The relationship is between the players, not the characters.

I respawn with the same name, I play the same way again. I think most other people probably do the same, unless you roleplay your survivor differently each time? If Jo bloggs killed me before I sure as shit will shoot him next time I see him. I'm not going to forget it just because I happen to have respawned into a supposedly different survivor. The relationship is between the players, not the characters.

Nametags on?

gtfo sissy

No way in hell. I don't even make an argument.

Edited by RaZzi

I'm a bandit and I approve. It adds a score system to my kills. No longer killing for fun in Elektro, it's killing for bragging rights in my group :D

I will reach -100k FIRST

at least someone got the the right idea

i like the base idea of helping and you get marked as an actual friendly and killing a fair few people and your marked as a mass murderer keep helping and you can help more effectively keep killing and you get people trying to hunt you down like a true bandit would.

i like the base idea of helping and you get marked as an actual friendly and killing a fair few people and your marked as a mass murderer keep helping and you can help more effectively keep killing and you get people trying to hunt you down like a true bandit would.

see people word like this idea so meh to all the trolls who posted earlier

Sorry but this is full of stereotypical "computer game" bollocks that Day Z is trying to get away from. Points are just a method of directing the player's actions and we don't want to do that with Day Z. The only reason points ever existed is because old arcade games were so limited and repetitive and points were the only way to keep people playing. It's the 21st century for beans sake! We have better ways of giving feedback.

Edited by Ollox

Learn how to use punctuation and capitals, I could hardly even read your post.

And NO. Players should not be punished by the game or rewarded with abilities. It's about balance of power, and cunning.

this would just allow players in groups to exploit this to the fullest... player killing will be a part of the game as long as there is better loot to obtain... you tell me you see a guy with a as50, ghillie, cyotoe pack, ect, with his back turned to you... and you walk right up behind him... you tell me your not gonna kill him for his loot... or mabye you like running around with a petrol pack and makarov...

How would you see what kind of backpack he has if he is wearing a Ghillie? :]

I am sorry, I can not read the OP's post because it looks like my 12 year old nephew texting and/or typing.

ok let me start with there has been a lot of post about punishing bandits helping non killers well yes this is what this post is but with a twist take ya time to read before u judge

everyone says u should be punished for player killing and praised for helping ppl why not praised both sides

say ur humanity was a 12,000 - 0 - minus 12,0000 scale u help someone u gain humanity u kill ppl u lose it

e.g u bandage some one u get 100 humanity points u give someone blood u get 500 and so forth

u kill someone u lose 250 points even if u shot last or first u get the kill u lose

also ur humanity will slowing go back to 0 at a rate or 100 point every in game hour

BANDITS READ:

when u kills someone u get a decrease in humanity the more u lose the more ppl want to punish u this is true but what if u was rewarded for killing them crying carebears?

It took me forever, but I eventually slogged through this mess of a post. No offense, and this is only an opinion, but I hate it. Once you start giving "Power Ups" to people, it starts to kill the realism, it kills the pressure, it kills the paranoia, and all of these are what keep me in DayZ. When I die from an asshole bandit who gained nothing from killing me, I admit, I almost quit every time. But it always hits me: That time I ran across the survivor in Electro, and we only had Makarovs and bandages, trying to escape the snipers in both fire towers. We agreed to team up for the time to bring them down...Sure, we failed miserably, but the TEAMWORK. The CAUTION. The extreme CRAZYNESS of each situation is completely made by how you can trust no one, and there are no indicators for if you should trust them or not. Bandit skins kind of changed this, but with how glitchy they are right now, I don't rely on them anyways as an indicator of a person.

Your missing the point to this game.

HE is missing the point? Everybody that treats this game as a Deathmatch is missing it! People that randomly shoot on sight, even when its not a threat at all and there isnt even loot to obtain. Rocket always stated that this game is a zombie apocalypse simulation. What would you do in an apocalypse? Well, I guess you would shoot a family for a pack of gum.

I hate players like that. It ruins this wonderful game. Instead of something new, with coop and competion, its just a shooter with zombies. Might as well play War Z then. Infact why dont you just switch to that game?

It took me forever, but I eventually slogged through this mess of a post. No offense, and this is only an opinion, but I hate it. Once you start giving "Power Ups" to people, it starts to kill the realism, it kills the pressure, it kills the paranoia, and all of these are what keep me in DayZ. When I die from an asshole bandit who gained nothing from killing me, I admit, I almost quit every time. But it always hits me: That time I ran across the survivor in Electro, and we only had Makarovs and bandages, trying to escape the snipers in both fire towers. We agreed to team up for the time to bring them down...Sure, we failed miserably, but the TEAMWORK. The CAUTION. The extreme CRAZYNESS of each situation is completely made by how you can trust no one, and there are no indicators for if you should trust them or not. Bandit skins kind of changed this, but with how glitchy they are right now, I don't rely on them anyways as an indicator of a person.

And here is the saddest part, there just is no paranoia.Peolpe just shoot almost everytime. Paranoia is, when I have a guy I teamed up with I dont know if I can trust him. But its none existend.