Sign in to follow this  
CmdSheperd

Character inexplicibly drops, screen goes black, no dead message, then respawn in airfield with alice pack and other goodies

Bit of info: Version 1.7.2.3 Can't remember the server name, but it was also running version 1.7.2.3

Something very strange happened to me last night. I was checking NW airfield out, when all of a sudden out of nowhere my character drops, and the screen goes black for a couple seconds. There was no you're dead message, there was no need to abort and disconnect to respawn, it did it on its own. The REALLY strange thing is though, I respawned inside the radio tower in Balota Airfield with an alice pack full of food, drink, back up mags, and some medical supplies. I also had an inventory full of food drink and ammo for a main weapon (stanag ammo) as well as bandages and about 5 clips of g17 ammo, but no guns.

I wasn't shot when I dropped, I know that because when it had happened I was on the ground floor of the fire station in NW Airfield under the stairs. I had already swept the upper floors, and all 4 doors were closed. So I couldn't have been sniped, and there definitely wasn't anyone in there ith me. I'm a little annoyed because I had REAL nice gear on that character, but I know it's a mod in Alpha stage, these things will happen.

I'm wondering though, has this happened to anyone else? Dropping out of nowhere, not getting a you're dead screen, and auto respawning somewhere else as another character already carrying tons of supplies?

Edited by CmdSheperd

Maybe somebody else is using your account....that is weird. That's all I can think of though. Maybe they tried logging in and you were still online. So you teleported maybe. Sounds ridiculous but hey, I like my theory lol

Maybe somebody else is using your account....that is weird. That's all I can think of though. Maybe they tried logging in and you were still online. So you teleported maybe. Sounds ridiculous but hey, I like my theory lol

Thanks for your reply man. Is it possible to have 2 different characters on one account?

Sounds like someone might've tried running a script on you, with or without the intention to get you kicked/banned from the server.

Sounds like someone might've tried running a script on you, with or without the intention to get you kicked/banned from the server.

Really? I'm pretty ignorant about how all that works. Maybe you could enlighten me a little? I mean what would be the purpose? To get my stuff? To troll me by killing me? Or is it more nefarious than that, someone trying to get me kicked/banned like you said? Hopefully if that is in fact the case, the scripting gets a priority by the devs. I'd hate to think how easy it must be then to get random people banned, and if that is the case would it be a server ban, or can someone messing with a script theoretically get someone battleeye banned?

Really? I'm pretty ignorant about how all that works. Maybe you could enlighten me a little? I mean what would be the purpose? To get my stuff? To troll me by killing me? Or is it more nefarious than that, someone trying to get me kicked/banned like you said? Hopefully if that is in fact the case, the scripting gets a priority by the devs. I'd hate to think how easy it must be then to get random people banned, and if that is the case would it be a server ban, or can someone messing with a script theoretically get someone battleeye banned?

I don't think we're allowed to discuss these things much, as scripts are considered hacks.

But I'll jump the gun for you.

Assuming that I was correct, the main reason why someone would run a script on another player is to get them off the server. Kicked or banned, that's up to BattleEye. It's most likely for trolling reasons, nothing personal.

See, BattleEye is sadly very easy to bypass if you know what you're doing. And you CAN run scripts on other players. If the player doesn't have a bypasser when someone runs a script on them, they can possibly be kicked or banned. I know that picking up a weapon that doesn't belong to DayZ can get you banned, as I've seen it happen. It can be just a server ban, or it can be a global BattleEye ban.

Edit; This has nothing to do with DayZ, though. Spawning items through scripts or teleporting is considered a hack by BattleEye, no matter what. In ARMA 2, OA, CO, or any mod.

Edited by Dr621

I don't think we're allowed to discuss these things much, as scripts are considered hacks.

But I'll jump the gun for you.

Assuming that I was correct, the main reason why someone would run a script on another player is to get them off the server. Kicked or banned, that's up to BattleEye. It's most likely for trolling reasons, nothing personal.

See, BattleEye is sadly very easy to bypass if you know what you're doing. And you CAN run scripts on other players. If the player doesn't have a bypasser when someone runs a script on them, they can possibly be kicked or banned. I know that picking up a weapon that doesn't belong to DayZ can get you banned, as I've seen it happen. It can be just a server ban, or it can be a global BattleEye ban.

Edit; This has nothing to do with DayZ, though. Spawning items through scripts or teleporting is considered a hack by BattleEye, no matter what. In ARMA 2, OA, CO, or any mod.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. It is sounding like i got scripted. I'll be more wary about which servers I join for now on then.

the same thing has happened to me i was scavenging in stary sobor when all the sudden i dropped no daed sign and i respawned inside electro with a lee a makarov and barely any food.

turns out my little brother was banned so he took my cd key and played on that not knowing he was on my account so when he logged off and i logged in i dropped.

didnt have quite the same thing happen. but I was attacked by zombies at nw airfield at night. managed to get away alive with a broken leg and about 700 blood. passing out constantly. crawled to the woods and commited suicide. next day I load a game and instead of the normal fresh respawn routine of picking character gender i simply spawned in a barn somewhere with about 6 cans of pop and 3 cans of beans. couple 2rnd pellets no guns.

i thought it was kind of weird.