Sign in to follow this  
Colten (DayZ)

DayZ Staff: Start doing something about hackers. Now.

I realize that you're busy trying to fix and tweak things that are currently having an effect on users, however, something else is going on - your customer's experience is being tainted by hackers. As an example...

Last night, two of my clan members were at our vehicles. Suddenly, a gentleman appeared, and killed one. Our VS3 and URAL were taken. Seems like it's pretty normal, huh?

After he was killed, his body was starting to get dragged by an invisible entity. When he got onto the ATV after logging on, and reconnecting later, he was being "chased" by another invisible player, whom seemed to be running at a speed equal to that of an ATV. He could hear the footsteps running along the ATV as he was going at ~45 km/h. He said after he had gotten off, he was shot.

20 minutes later, they were at a camp that was by one of the lakes. They had the same experience.

Another experience was a few days ago. I had parked a URAL for a brief five minutes to investigate something, when all of a sudden, I heard the door open/close, and it disappeared before my eyes. I never found it in that location again, even after saving it.

ANOTHER experience was about 1.5 weeks ago. I was laying down UNDERNEATH OF A GROUP OF PINE TREES, clearly hidden. An hour went by, and I heard footsteps approaching from behind, suddenly. A gentleman appeared next to me, looked at his map, then looked down at me and blasted me with his .50 cal. I was wearing a ghillie suit, and it blended in quite well.

This issue seems to be the least addressed. I think more measures need to be taken against these hackers, and soon.

Cheers.

• Like 1

I don't think the dev team can do anything to deter the hackers, thats Battleyes job. Correct me if im mistaken.

• Like 2

Rocket and the DayZ staff has no "customers."

You haven't paid a single penny to play DayZ.

It's a free mod. If you bought ARMA 2 and Operation Arrowhead just to play DayZ, it's still not their problem.

And that aside, you are an Alpha Tester. Not a player. (Even though hacks have nothing to do with the mod being in Alpha stage, glitches do happen, so expect everything you have to disappear unfairly.)

Edit; Handrix27 is correct. BattleEye is what the DayZ servers use as its anti-cheat program, because ARMA 2 uses it, and all DayZ is a mod, so it automatically uses the same anti-cheat. Contact BattleEye support if you want to complain about hackers.

Edit2; Some servers have player markers enabled on map, so if you have a map, you can see if another player is around your area. He probably was looking for you already, and knew where you were because he saw you on his map.

Edited by Dr621
  • Like 7

Yej its a serios Problem with this Hackingcrap. I have no Problem to loose my Stuff when im getting shot by Players the reagular Way (sure it sucks i hate Bandits :P) but killed by a Hacker is super anoying...and zero Fun!

Edit: To say your a Tester u dont pay really gets the point of this Posting.... Holy Crap >.<

Edited by Vakaria

Rocket and the DayZ staff has no "customers."

You haven't paid a single penny to play DayZ.

It's a free mod. If you bought ARMA 2 and Operation Arrowhead just to play DayZ, it's still not their problem.

And that aside, you are an Alpha Tester. Not a player.

Edit; Handrix27 is correct. BattleEye is what the DayZ servers use as its anti-cheat program, because ARMA 2 uses it, and all DayZ is a mod, so it automatically uses the same anti-cheat. Contact BattleEye support if you want to complain about hackers.

Just because I am a customer, that doesn't indicate that I have paid anything. There are two ways in which the word can be used - informal, and formal. By definition, a customer is either an individual who has purchased goods or services, which is the formal use of the word. Informally, a customer is an individual that the developer has to deal with, which does not indicate purchase. They have to deal with us, because we are testing their product. Without us, there would be no test, there would be no feedback, there would be no improvement. Just saying.

If they don't plan on even attempting to deter hackers, it is not worth purchasing in the future. I have yet to see a true effort to stop the hackers.

Just because I am a customer, that doesn't indicate that I have paid anything. There are two ways in which the word can be used - informal, and formal. By definition, a customer is either an individual who has purchased goods or services, which is the formal use of the word. Informally, a customer is an individual that the developer has to deal with, which does not indicate purchase. They have to deal with us, because we are testing their product. Without us, there would be no test, there would be no feedback, there would be no improvement. Just saying.

If they don't plan on even attempting to deter hackers, it is not worth purchasing in the future. I have yet to see a true effort to stop the hackers.

QFS

Quoted For Stupidity.

• Like 3

They have to deal with us, because we are testing their product. Without us, there would be no test, there would be no feedback, there would be no improvement. Just saying.

Companies and developers, even in small groups, can have internal testing. Most of the time Alpha stage is always internal or with a very small, controlled group that has signed an NDA to test the game. They don't need us.

How do you expect a MOD DEVELOPER to prevent hackers from hacking a GAME THEY DID NOT CREATE, that has an ANTI-CHEAT THEY DON'T OWN?

• Like 1

Companies and developers, even in small groups, can have internal testing. Most of the time Alpha stage is always internal or with a very small, controlled group that has signed an NDA to test the game. They don't need us.

They do if they plan on having it as successful as they have been anticipating.

How do you expect a MOD DEVELOPER to prevent hackers from hacking a GAME THEY DID NOT CREATE, that has an ANTI-CHEAT THEY DON'T OWN?

Is rocket not releasing the mod as a stand-alone game? Is he going to wait until the stand-alone is released, before making an effort to stop the hackers? Huh. :o

Not particularly, no. I'll just go waste my time elsewhere.

Can't be any more of a waste of time than the time that you spent making a post, saying, "QFS. Quoted for Stupidity".

Is rocket not releasing the mod as a stand-alone game? Is he going to wait until the stand-alone is released, before making an effort to stop the hackers? Huh. :o

Not yet, at least. It's still just a mod.

And even if Rocker releases DayZ as a stand-alone game, it's VERY unlikely that he will program a whole new anti-cheat system from scratch for DayZ. He will most likely buy/rent an anti-cheat system for the game, and again, he is not fully* responsible for the hacking.

* I say "fully" because it would be his game, and he can and should choose another anti-cheat system if the current one doesn't work well enough. However hacking will ALWAYS exist, nothing is un-bypassable. (I doubt that's a word.)

• Like 1

Not yet, at least. It's still just a mod.

And even if Rocker releases DayZ as a stand-alone game, it's VERY unlikely that he will program a whole new anti-cheat system from scratch for DayZ. He will most likely buy/rent an anti-cheat system for the game, and again, he is not fully* responsible for the hacking.

I most-definitely understand where you're coming from - I am not saying that he is fully responsible; rather, I am saying that an EFFORT should at LEAST be taken to DETER the hacking from occurring. I am almost certain that he can do something. I just hope that his attitude towards the testers changes once (excuse the language) shit starts to get serious.

Question is how we are supposed to test the game if we can't do what we have planted to do cause of 3rd party programs "hackers" ?

Let's say I want to test the heli.

I need serious luck in order to after all manage to complete the repairs and use it with out getting killed by cheaters!

Then someone will teleport me and killme!

So what I am actually testing ATM is how to avoid the cheaters, which is not that great.

I would gladly report my death if when I entered in the heli it koed me cause of a bug, but reporting that got killed by an unkillable cheater who was blocking my entry in the heli is just a joke.

I most-definitely understand where you're coming from - I am not saying that he is fully responsible; rather, I am saying that an EFFORT should at LEAST be taken to DETER the hacking from occurring. I am almost certain that he can do something. I just hope that his attitude towards the testers changes once (excuse the language) shit starts to get serious.

I don't think you know what his "attitude" towards testers are.

Sure, he can probably do something like change/add script commands so that the hackers' scripts no longer work as they should, but even the commands made simply for DayZ(like changing player model when wearing a suit) have already been found and are being abused.

BattleEye is a horrible, easily bypassable cheat-detector. Don't blame DayZ or its staff for the rampant hacking.

Edit;

Let's say I want to test the heli.

Helicopters are removed from DayZ due to performance issues on the servers.

Edited by Dr621
  • Like 1

Srsly If you only understood that thing from what I said then you must be kidding us.

Name it a car then or a bus.

Btw have you ever faced a cheater ? Seems no.

Edited by 0only1

You know what its sad that there are people trying to hide the biggest problem of all "cheating" .

You should know that I ve been playing this game for long time and it has very limited bugs which most of them are avoidable with ways just from experience in game. But cheaters aren't avoidable. We can go on with a few bugs in an alpha test awesome game, but we can not tolerate the actions of some kids that do not want to contribute in any improvement.

I agree that hacking is the worst thing about Day Z's gameplay. It does ruin the experience. It is also true that the cheat prevention software is responsible for the direct policing of script and not the concern of the developer per se. However, this is important feedback that must be relayed to the team, they won't know how rampant and serious the hacking is (its really bad, I get killed by hackers about once every 5 hours or so of gameplay) if nobody tells them. Also, the hackers are putting out new hacks every week, it might help to let them know exactly what kind of exploits we are dealing with. Having strong security built into the games architecture IS CERTAINLY in the realm of what Bohemia can do, especially when they are already popping the hood on the games code to improve Day Z.

Realistically speaking no matter what we do or how bugy it is, which is not that much - the game is playable, cheaters should not be our concern at any point. We must have a talk with the right people about that.

buy server, make password protected. have fun - no more hacking (if you got any decent ppl around you) ;)

Or either stop playing the game ?

This have been discussed before and it's not a solution.

Enjoy DayZ for free while you can, It will be pay to play soon enough,

We are all just helping to test the concept until the full relace

From the horses mouth so to speak Skip to 2m:10s

If pay to play means play what you pay then fine by me.

I dont think anyone was under the impression this would be free forever, so long as it is not one of those "pay to win" kind of games, where you can just buy good loot, i dont have a problem with it.

Plus, if we are paying for this game, then hackers will be taken seriously and an effort will be made to get rid of them

Obviously, anti-cheat devs like the Battleye devs never constantly update the Battleye client. They're so dumb and incompetent that some random guy on a forum can come up with the brilliant idea "stp hakers pls" and totally blow the minds of the DayZ dev team and the Battleye dev team. Now that this brilliant thread has been made, the Battleye devs will jump to their computers and bang out incredible code that will stop all hackers in the world, even ones who haven't been born yet.

I congratulate the OP for being a shining beacon in the cesspool of Internet stupidity.